09-24-15 04:59 PM
36 12
tools
    I heard right after the z30 replacement...oh...wait sorry there are no plans for a z30 replacement
    09-21-15 04:08 PM
    There hasn't been any word about a new Classic yet so it's difficult to make a guess.

I would say that we could see a Classic upgrade in the future but I don't know when and in what form.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 04:55 PM
    My magic 8-Ball says 'Doubtful' when I shake it and ask if there will be a second generation of the BlackBerry Classic.

I think the 8-Ball reached that conclusion based on what John Chen has said publicly regarding the Classic and the handset business in general.

When the Passport first launched he was expecting the Classic would outsell it. He made several statements that bot the Passport and Classic would see second generations. But Sales for both models didn't pan out. So then he softened his stance to saying he was very proud of both the Passport and the Classic. Then he started saying publicly that BlackBerry will produce fewer phones per year mentioning that 1 maybe 2 phones was per year was likely. Then he said that he has put a time limit on the turn around of the handset business (though he would not disclose what that time frame was) and that if it could not make a profit by a date he has marked on a calendar somewhere, then BlackBerry is out of the phone business.

His statements have become less and less bullish about the phone business and it would seem that it's days are numbered if it can't be turned around.
    How dare you use logic in a crackberry forum!

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    09-21-15 07:32 PM
    09-21-15 09:58 PM
    Since BlackBerry moved away from BBOS, they have had a different name for each device that has come out, so it is doubtful that they will come out with a device by the same designation. They may come out with another device with a five button belt, but it will not likely be called a Classic. Just like there will undoubtedly not be a Z10-2, or a Z30-2.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    09-22-15 08:20 PM
    Is it me only or others also find this obsession with removable battery just a sentimental issue? There are battery bank of all sizes available. Just plug it in and you are good to go for same time as a swappable battery or even more.
    Coming to the topic :
    An update is definitely needed.
    1) better camera
    2)shade better trackpad
    3)better battery
    4) may be a metal overall..

So basically put passports innards in classic - will make most of the people happy..

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 02:14 AM
    Is it me only or others also find this obsession with removable battery just a sentimental issue? There are battery bank of all sizes available. Just plug it in and you are good to go for same time as a swappable battery or even more.
    Coming to the topic :
    An update is definitely needed.
    1) better camera
    2)shade better trackpad
    3)better battery
    4) may be a metal overall..

So basically put passports innards in classic - will make most of the people happy..

Posted via CB10
    Some of us petitioned for better hardware over a year ago. I could see the lack of RAM being a problem even before the Classic came out. It steems from OP loading up the phone with to many apps they never use or don't need (both Andoid and native).

I'm using my 99 right now and forgot how good the spelling auto correct is. Helping the 99 remain the fastest typing phone ever.

I like the size of th 99 and the Classic they serve two different needs. What fustrates me the most is browsing and the pop up ads on the small screen. Otherwise it would be the perfect screensize for a work phone.

Having a fixed battery is nice that last all day, but the Classic weighs a ton and is thick. This is where a thinner Q20 (Classic) with a removable battery would be nice.

The 99 is one of the easiest phones to service and the parts are cheap. I just ordered a new complete housing "just because". To bad they don't make a new mother board with with better specs. Now that would sell.

I like the design of Ziro1's Classic II as it add a touch of the Porcshe and Bold into one.

I would pay $800 for a good pkb like that. Specs is everything.

BTW this 99 is humming when laying in bed. I love the phone.
    09-24-15 06:21 AM
    ZIRO renderings are too classy and sophisticated!!! That's the kind of design language blackberry should use for classic-2. Every mm counts and you know what I mean...

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 09:58 AM
    Ziro's Beauty Classic 2, when will it come out?-classic-iii-01-1.jpg
    09-24-15 02:44 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Battery degradation happens all the time. Sometimes they also swell. Having a removable battery allows you to replace a worn out battery instead of always topping it up. Also, all that plugging and unplugging of the USB connector can cause that to fail and then you really are stuck. A removable battery helps when the original battery stops working effectively or the USB port has problems. Having a removable means that a device can have a longer useful life.
    09-24-15 03:20 PM
    There is a small market of people putting little cards that harmonize electosmog from celluar phones into the backdoor or onto the the battery... me therefore likes a backdoor and removable battery...

Also I believe that some phones have capability to be run with dual-sim adapters only with a removable backdoor

But true too - I had about 10 smarthphones in the last 15 years and never replaced a battery...

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 04:59 PM
36 12