1. Will there be a classic 2 coming out?

2 If so when?

3. If it's undetermined, what are the odds a classic 2 will be built?
    09-20-15 08:13 PM
    I highly doubt there will be a second Classic. It was a special device meant to win back old BlackBerry users using their Bold device.
    09-20-15 08:36 PM
    I highly doubt there will be a second Classic. It was a special device meant to win back old BlackBerry users using their Bold device.
    I disagree, there are so many benefits to the call send/end, menu, back buttons and the trackpad, it makes the device so much more productive. It'll be dumb for them to scrap it all from here on out. And no, I did not come straight from an OS7 device, I had a Q10 for almost 2 years before I got the Classic. So many things frustrated me about the Q10, things that could easily be done without looking had there been the toolbelt that I was then forced to look at the phone to do since I had to do it on the touchscreen. And so many times I nearly threw my phone because I can't get the cursor exactly where I want it to select what I want. So many times I click on the wrong link on a website not optimized for touch so the links are all small and close together. So many times it takes me so much longer to end a call because I had to navigate back to a specific screen just to end the darn call with the touchscreen, if I navigated away from it which I do often during phone calls (multi-tasking)...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    acovey, blambtn, idssteve and 3 others like this.
    09-20-15 11:39 PM
    1. Why should there be a Classic 2? Are there any features that are missing from the original Classic?

2. IMO, BlackBerry should go ahead and incorporate the 5-button toolbelt to at least 1 full-touch device.

Posted via CB10
    AthenaSmith and Upgrayedd111 like this.
    09-20-15 11:52 PM
    Yeah well my brother a blackberry user since the beginning is going to android now... because Sprint isn't carrying the first classic. Trying to talk him into waiting on the Venice.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 12:02 AM
    Yeah well my brother a blackberry user since the beginning is going to android now... because Sprint isn't carrying the first classic. Trying to talk him into waiting on the Venice.

Posted via CB10
    I would talk him into switching to Verizon...

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 and raremage like this.
    09-21-15 12:06 AM
    Well, JC did say there'll be another iteration of the Passport and Classic.

My wishlist for Classic 2:

1. Better camera
    2. Bigger trackpad
    3. Faster processor
    4. 4GB Ram
    5. Swappable batt (this will negate batt life complains)
    6. Lighter (make it slimmer)
    7. Wireless charging by default

Posted via CB10
    AthenaSmith and Upgrayedd111 like this.
    09-21-15 02:45 AM
    Well, JC did say there'll be another iteration of the Passport and Classic.

My wishlist for Classic 2:

1. Better camera
    2. Bigger trackpad
    3. Faster processor
    4. 4GB Ram
    5. Swappable batt (this will negate batt life complains)
    6. Lighter (make it slimmer)
    7. Wireless charging by default

Posted via CB10
    I say everything except making it slimmer... I don't get the point of the whole slimmer is better craze, it just means we lose battery capacity. As long as it is slim enough (which it is) then it doesn't need to be any slimmer imo...

BerryRipe and idssteve like this.
    09-21-15 06:20 AM
    Don't forgett the touchsensitve pkb - missed it a loz on Q10 after going back onto it for a couple of days after having had the PP

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 06:28 AM
    1. Why should there be a Classic 2? Are there any features that are missing from the original Classic?

2. IMO, BlackBerry should go ahead and incorporate the 5-button toolbelt to at least 1 full-touch device.

Posted via CB10
    Rofl

1) Better processor, CPU with at least 3gb of RAM. All models with wireless charging.

2) Never happen.

But maybe they will build Ziro1's concept Classic?
    Same specs as Passport SE, but with track pad. I did make the black edition also, if you want to see it let me know.
    Which shape do you like?

Attachment 368463

Attachment 368464

Here are the Black Edition.

Attachment 368470

Attachment 368471

PIN 829A "You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    09-21-15 07:07 AM
    Maybe just after the Z10 2 and the Z30 2....
    09-21-15 07:15 AM
    Yeah missed out the touch sensitive pkb.

Slimmer so it can be lighter without sacrificing screen size. Swappable batt will take care of the batt capacity issue. Just sell another batt pack with desktop batt charger.

=)

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 08:37 AM
    Don't forgett the touchsensitve pkb - missed it a loz on Q10 after going back onto it for a couple of days after having had the PP

Posted via CB10
    Only if it can be turned off. You don't need it if you had a trackpad. The Passport had it as a consolation. I rest my thumbs on the keyboard too much for me to want them to be capacitive...

09-21-15 09:22 AM
    I'd would like to see a removable battery. Not that I would switch it out regularly, but instead, extend the life of the phone. I don't like the fact that I have a good phone that will only last as long as the battery. This has to be an intentional move by the manufactures so consumers will buy new phones more often than if they had removable batteries.

There was a BlackBerry I owned in '06/'07 that had a very small docking station/stand that charged the phone on contact - no messing with lining up a USB plug. It had a very small foot print so it was perfect for my office desk. I didn't realize how much I liked having that until it went away. If that could be added to the C2, that would be nice.

Up to date tech would be welcomed of course, but since I really only use my phone for business basics, today's Classic is fine for me.

I've always preferred a smaller form factor so if they made the C2 a bit smaller that would be ok. However, I am now used to the Classic's size, so as long as it doesn't get bigger, I'll be a fan.

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    09-21-15 09:33 AM
    My magic 8-Ball says 'Doubtful' when I shake it and ask if there will be a second generation of the BlackBerry Classic.

I think the 8-Ball reached that conclusion based on what John Chen has said publicly regarding the Classic and the handset business in general.

When the Passport first launched he was expecting the Classic would outsell it. He made several statements that bot the Passport and Classic would see second generations. But Sales for both models didn't pan out. So then he softened his stance to saying he was very proud of both the Passport and the Classic. Then he started saying publicly that BlackBerry will produce fewer phones per year mentioning that 1 maybe 2 phones was per year was likely. Then he said that he has put a time limit on the turn around of the handset business (though he would not disclose what that time frame was) and that if it could not make a profit by a date he has marked on a calendar somewhere, then BlackBerry is out of the phone business.

His statements have become less and less bullish about the phone business and it would seem that it's days are numbered if it can't be turned around.
    AidenSurvival and Hlao-roo like this.
    09-21-15 10:11 AM
    Yeah missed out the touch sensitive pkb.

Slimmer so it can be lighter without sacrificing screen size. Swappable batt will take care of the batt capacity issue. Just sell another batt pack with desktop batt charger.

=)

Posted via CB10
    Hell no to the sacrifice battery capacity for battery packs. I don't want to need to have one extra thing to keep charged and to have to carry anything else around. Not to mention if the phone dies in an inopportune time or having to wait for it to boot back up after needing to swap batteries. I'll keep being able to use my phone all day long on one charge, thanks...

09-21-15 10:21 AM
    Swappable battery permits individual users to optimize battery size for individual needs. Battery being a big part of device weight. Light duty users are carrying more battery than they need. Heavy users still don't have enough.

Thinner is not necessarily lighter... think about it... in the automotive world, many convertibles are heavier than their hard top counterparts... thicker can provide better section modulus, for example.

I, for one, would like the device to be about 1/4" shorter to afford better forefinger to pinky top to bottom grasp. Such as while texting grandkids from bed with right arm around wife... . A cherished bedtime routine . Something I STILL find my 9900 best at.

I don't get the "need" for monster sized screens. 9900's tiny screen works because the trackpad works. Just gotta hold smaller screen closer... easier to do with single handed sized device.
    09-21-15 10:34 AM
    Who knows if there will be a Classic 2. It would be nice of course to see an upgraded version of the Classic, however BlackBerry obviously was quite deliberate in how they spec'd the Classic. Their target audience was not the consumers used to rich multimedia, but to people that wanted a simple, no nonsense smartphone that was capable of getting the job done. The Classic, as it stands now, is more than capable of texting, messaging, emailing, phone calls, and Web browsing. It also is quite good for editing and creating Word documents. It is a phone that does the job it was intended on doing.

To make a Classic 2 with higher specs might raise the question then as to who BlackBerry should market such a product to. If a power user wanted a physical keyboard, then the inclination is assumed to be to go to the Passport. Perhaps if there is high enough demand for a higher spec'd Classic then sure. Keep in mind too that for the Classic's form factor, it is limited to how big of a battery they can cram into the unit. This means that unless they can increase the size of the device's battery, a higher spec'd Classic would draw more battery power and shorten it's battery life compared to the current Classic, given the same battery size. Again, if BlackBerry were to increase the Classic's battery size, they might just say, well the Passport already exists so why bother? Maybe a phone longer than the current Classic might be a good idea but to stretch out the Classic's form factor to increase the battery and screen size, while keeping the Classic's keyboard proportions, might just put the Classic 2 into Passport territory, again thus negating the need for such a device with the existence already of the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 01:34 PM
    Just make it lighter, faster and a bit Bigger screen and im a happy fellow

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 01:48 PM
    Who knows if there will be a Classic 2. It would be nice of course to see an upgraded version of the Classic, however BlackBerry obviously was quite deliberate in how they spec'd the Classic. Their target audience was not the consumers used to rich multimedia, but to people that wanted a simple, no nonsense smartphone that was capable of getting the job done. The Classic, as it stands now, is more than capable of texting, messaging, emailing, phone calls, and Web browsing. It also is quite good for editing and creating Word documents. It is a phone that does the job it was intended on doing.

To make a Classic 2 with higher specs might raise the question then as to who BlackBerry should market such a product to. If a power user wanted a physical keyboard, then the inclination is assumed to be to go to the Passport. Perhaps if there is high enough demand for a higher spec'd Classic then sure. Keep in mind too that for the Classic's form factor, it is limited to how big of a battery they can cram into the unit. This means that unless they can increase the size of the device's battery, a higher spec'd Classic would draw more battery power and shorten it's battery life compared to the current Classic, given the same battery size. Again, if BlackBerry were to increase the Classic's battery size, they might just say, well the Passport already exists so why bother? Maybe a phone longer than the current Classic might be a good idea but to stretch out the Classic's form factor to increase the battery and screen size, while keeping the Classic's keyboard proportions, might just put the Classic 2 into Passport territory, again thus negating the need for such a device with the existence already of the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    A more powerful phone will still be able to accomplish all of the tasks as the "people that wanted a simple, no nonsense smartphone that was capable of getting the job done. The Classic, as it stands now, is more than capable of texting, messaging, emailing, phone calls, and Web browsing" would want it to accomplish. It's not like the moment it's more media capable all of a sudden it cannot accomplish those other tasks...

And no, a Passport is not in the same category with its 3-row keyboard and lack of a toolbelt.

09-21-15 01:50 PM
    My favorite feature of a removable battery is being able to force the phone off if other means don't work.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2474
    Upgrayedd111 likes this.
    09-21-15 01:50 PM
    And dual boot OS. Someone had to say it, even though I only want BBERRY.

 Classic
    09-21-15 01:59 PM
    From BB's own lips:

Experts Answer 38 of Your Burning Questions About BlackBerry Classic | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Fixed battery provides 15% capacity over swappable. That means if you get 12 hrs of endurance with fixed battery, a swappable battery would provide 10.2 hrs. The relative significance of that difference depends on your use. If you run hotspot, nfc, bt, gps, etc under low signal conditions, it's possible to drain a Classic in 4 hrs. BTDT. 15% of 4 hrs makes a 36 minute difference. Significant? More significant is time to restore service once battery has drained to shut down. Battery swap in my old 9900 allows me to call back in 3 minutes. I have yet to find a way to restore my drained to shutdown Classic in 3 minutes.

On "light", good signal days, my old 9900 delivers a solid day of endurance on its tiny, compact, light weight, OEM battery. For hard days in low signal industrial conditions, i swap in a 5000mAhr battery and reliably achieve a full day's endurance. That oversized battery adds weight and size that isn't needed EVERY day and so the device can be customized for expected use for a given day. My fixed battery Classic can't do that.

All mute point anyway. No one would be more surprised than myself to see BB actually attempt to mimic their own most successful BB device. Little they've done in the last 4 years has made THAT much sense... lol

Classic's as good as it gets for a while. Not perfect but it's pretty darned good!!
    09-21-15 02:22 PM
    There is already a 62-comment thread about the exact same topic with almost the same topic name.....
    Why didn't you continue thereMaybe a MOD can merge both topics.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...c-2-a-1017674/
    09-21-15 03:06 PM
    Isn't the classic the Q20, making it the Q10-2?
    09-21-15 04:00 PM
36 12