02-17-15 06:06 PM
30 12
tools
    Hm, and all of this time I thought they used two totally separate coils/antenna and that wireless charging isn't done through the NFC antenna. I guess BlackBerry must be doing it completely different than everyone else who uses wireless charging and NFC... Thanks for that useful information, please let me know why BB is using a different system than everyone else. ;-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Why you just didn't know that NFC and electromagnetic induction charging are all based on the exact same principles. Glad I could help.

As to implementation, electromagnetic induction is known by many names, of which NFC is one. Which loop is used is the point? Trying to make me appear wrong was. So sorry.
    02-17-15 12:48 PM
    Happy with the classic for the most part, but here is my wish list for the next one:

1. Removable battery - Very important to me. The ability to quickly swap them on other models was very convenient, and batteries were easy to replace when they went bad.

2. Bigger trackpad - I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so maybe it's unique to me. The smaller trackpad is somewhat awkward to use compared to the one on the Bold. I don't care if it adds a mm or two to the height.

3. Wireless charging, or charging contacts like on the Bold - I like saving my USB port from wear and tear.

If they added those 3 things, I would be very happy. An increase in processing power and convenience keys wouldn't hurt either.
    02-17-15 01:38 PM
    Why you just didn't know that NFC and electromagnetic induction charging are all based on the exact same principles. Glad I could help.

As to implementation, electromagnetic induction is known by many names, of which NFC is one. Which loop is used is the point? Trying to make me appear wrong was. So sorry.
    Same principles? Or uses the same coil/antenna? You called it NFC charging, so it charges through the NFC right? I'm not trying to make you appear wrong, if that's true, I am wondering why they are doing it that way rather than having a different coil like everyone else. It's weird. Please explain.

02-17-15 04:31 PM
    Same principles? Or uses the same coil/antenna? You called it NFC charging, so it charges through the NFC right? I'm not trying to make you appear wrong, if that's true, I am wondering why they are doing it that way rather than having a different coil like everyone else. It's weird. Please explain.
    I believe NFC and Wireless Charging both use electromagnetic induction (i.e. same principles) but I believe they use a separate coil/antenna. I don't think BlackBerry is using a different system than everyone else. So a phone with NFC capabilities doesn't necessarily have Wireless Charging capabilities, but with phones that have both capabilities they appear the same.

Hope this helps!
    02-17-15 04:43 PM
    I believe NFC and Wireless Charging both use electromagnetic induction (i.e. same principles) but I believe they use a separate coil/antenna. I don't think BlackBerry is using a different system than everyone else. So a phone with NFC capabilities doesn't necessarily have Wireless Charging capabilities, but with phones that have both capabilities they appear the same.

Hope this helps!
    Ok, that makes sense, but wonder why it would be called "NFC charging" like some people are calling it. If a phone doesn't have nfc but has wireless charging would it still be called nfc charging?

Thanks for the info. :-)

02-17-15 06:06 PM
30 12