Same form factor as the Classic, but lighter.
    Same internal specs as the current Passport
    Q10/Z30 Carbon Fiber back
    Magnetic/NFC charging capability
    Slightly bigger screen by smaller bezels

Do all these, and BlackBerry has a homerun device

Just some thoughts...

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 01:26 AM
    Right on, I'd love a 3.8 ish screen with very small side bezels, and please get rid of the huge top bezel, you have already managed to make Z30 with smaller top bezel, why did you move backwards on classic?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 02:52 AM
    Why would you want the same cpu as the passport? The next classic will be here in about 1 year? I would prefer the 810 atleast!

The 810 is already comming in a few phones this year as we have all been able to see in the LG flex 2. So, when the classic 2 will be shown to the world the snapdragon 810 is already old.

The 801 is actually already outdated for about year, so I would prefer a newer cpu if I were you, lol.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    02-13-15 11:05 AM
    To be honest if they can do a slider Torch again, same weight as the current Classic with magnetic charging, I'll ditch my current Classic for it.

I don't even care much about the specs. My Classic is plenty fast for me.
    Chris Chin likes this.
    02-13-15 11:34 AM
    S Classic - Exynos Processor

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 : PIN 2BFE4937 : T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    02-14-15 05:32 PM
    Quadcore, whatever model...
    :-D

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    02-15-15 03:32 AM
    S Classic - Exynos Processor

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 : PIN 2BFE4937 : T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    With the recent talks with samsung, I would be pleasantly surprised if they get such a processor. Wouldn't mind it tho, since they are pretty good.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 03:43 AM
    Update to latest chipset
    4GB core memory / 32GB User onboard
    Go for "Fit and Finish" - make necessary adjustments to physical unit
    Agree with OP on the magnetic/nfc charging and ATT version should have that
    Replace side-load SIM/SDram with removable back a la Z30 with slide-in's - requiring one to carry a SIM tray removal tool to pop out the memory chip is unfair.
    Upgraded speaker
    Fix the headphone jack or headphone plug - either way, but make them the correct depth for each other
    02-15-15 05:34 AM
    I expect that the classic will never ship with the latest and greatest cpu because Blackberry will want to keep the pricing low on this device, since it consider a business fleet replacement unit. I expect the classic 2 to come with the passport specs at the very least. Remember this device is being made by Foxconn, so I don't expect any big design changes like Q10/Z30 Carbon Fiber back or touch keyboard. The only thing I can see they are going to upgrade in the classic 2 is the internals, camera, and fix any problems that the current classic has. Example: they change/fix the keyboard with the classic because of the double typing problem with the Q10.
    02-15-15 10:47 AM
    Nfc charging... um, by any chance are we mixing multiple things up? I could be wrong...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    makie and BerryRipe like this.
    02-15-15 11:34 AM
    I expect that the classic will never ship with the latest and greatest cpu because Blackberry will want to keep the pricing low on this device, since it consider a business fleet replacement unit. I expect the classic 2 to come with the passport specs at the very least. Remember this device is being made by Foxconn, so I don't expect any big design changes like Q10/Z30 Carbon Fiber back or touch keyboard. The only thing I can see they are going to upgrade in the classic 2 is the internals, camera, and fix any problems that the current classic has. Example: they change/fix the keyboard with the classic because of the double typing problem with the Q10.
    No offence, but the classic is just over priced. The specs are precisely the same as in the q10 which is 2 years old and it wasn't even a new processor back then.

If BlackBerry made the 1 years old 801 chip I would have bought the classic instead of the pp. I like the looks of the classic, just plain and simple, but I refuse to pay �350-�400 for a phone with 2012 specs r so.

Oh yea as a example check the moto g. It has a faster snapdragon processor than the classic has and it still amazingly cheap. I do know there are loads of Chinese company's that sell their phones cheap, but won't compare to them lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:52 PM
    Nfc charging... um, by any chance are we mixing multiple things up? I could be wrong...

It's a reference to the mag connector used on some apple products, and near field/inductive charging that the at&t version should have anyway.
    02-15-15 07:30 PM
    Intel Xeon E7 Mobile Processor, support up to 512GB of Mobile RAM, 3000mAh battery with up to 30 days of standby time Fujitsu High Capacity, Low Discharge battery. 5 inch OLED. Paratek Antenna. Waterproof, scratch-proof, dust-proof, IP68 certified, military grade level of ruggedness. Can operate in extreme hot and cold temperature. Noise canceling technologies. Dual-sim, unlock, world-phone.

Posted via CB10
    anon9133023 and BerryRipe like this.
    02-15-15 07:36 PM
    I mentioned in the opening that I wished for a Passport spec, is partly because this is what i'm expecting BlackBerry would do (turn stock pp parts into Classic 2). The same thing they did with the q10 (turning stocked parts into this Classic)

While I don't mind them doing this, I do hope the Classic could be a bit faster. And if everyone's praising about how fast a pp is, I figured I would be a happy customer if they can just cram the pp into the Classic's chassis

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 08:55 PM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I mentioned in the opening that I wished for a Passport spec, is partly because this is what i'm expecting BlackBerry would do (turn stock pp parts into Classic 2). The same thing they did with the q10 (turning stocked parts into this Classic)

While I don't mind them doing this, I do hope the Classic could be a bit faster. And if everyone's praising about how fast a pp is, I figured I would be a happy customer if they can just cram the pp into the Classic's chassis

Posted via CB10
    I agree... loving the Passport but I would be drawn to Classic II which was a flagship version.. premium finishes and specs with current Classic form factor....

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 09:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I will get it if they release such an "updated" classic this year. The 801 is fast enough. Dont want the 801 in a newer classic if that is going to be released in 2 years or so. Android apps will take a lot more from the cpu in 2 years time. Also I like to have this strong phone, since I mostly use my phones around 6-9 hours a day. Than I'm talking about real SOT.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 12:56 AM
    Overall I'm happy with my Classic!

This is the device I have been dreaming of since launch of OS10!!

But if there is something to improve for the next generation, it would be:

1.) Better camera - the one on the Classic is a bit of a step back, if you came from an another OS10 device. (Less contrast and less sharpness).

2.) Removable battery - that's what I kinda miss, because I was used to that and I loved it! (even with this great battery performance)

3.) Higher screen resolution - but if not, it would be ok for me.

4.) Maybe some "high end" materials on the back, like: Leather "feel" of the Bold 9000 or the "glass weave" of the 9900 or even the Q10.

But for the rest - it IS the perfect Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 06:48 AM
    It's a reference to the mag connector used on some apple products, and near field/inductive charging that the at&t version should have anyway.
    I know what the different things are, but to the best of my knowledge, NFC, or near field communications, has nothing to do with wireless charging. Correct me if I'm wrong...

02-16-15 08:10 AM
    I know what the different things are, but to the best of my knowledge, NFC, or near field communications, has nothing to do with wireless charging. Correct me if I'm wrong...

You are correct tho.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 09:17 AM

Near-field communication uses electromagnetic induction. Same as wireless charging.

You've been corrected and you are quite welcome.
    02-16-15 06:59 PM
    A removable battery and convenience keys

Sent from my Passport
    02-16-15 09:45 PM
    Near-field communication uses electromagnetic induction. Same as wireless charging.

You've been corrected and you are quite welcome.
    Hm, and all of this time I thought they used two totally separate coils/antenna and that wireless charging isn't done through the NFC antenna. I guess BlackBerry must be doing it completely different than everyone else who uses wireless charging and NFC... Thanks for that useful information, please let me know why BB is using a different system than everyone else. ;-)

makie likes this.
    02-17-15 09:31 AM
    The Classic is fast enough, in fact it's too fast. It needs to have lower specs. Put some 8310 components in it then that would do it. We can't have apps opening up in less than 10 secs. It wouldn't be a blackberry if it did.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 10:04 AM
    I don't really care about having high specs, as long as it's lighter (130g max), and they fix the little build quality issues (like the toolbelt-screen gap, and the slightly loose SD card tray). I'd prefer if it were smaller, but it seems like there will never again be a small smartphone (like Q10/Z10 or iPhone 5 sized) by any company in the near future since small phones are "going backwards" or whatever, but I could live if it were the same size as the current Classic.
    02-17-15 11:41 AM
    Lol

It's motto would be: "The New Classic, yesterday's phone, with today's specs, how's that for irony?"
    anon9133023 likes this.
    02-17-15 11:42 AM
30 12