Have been looking into buying a Classic, but with a small trackpad, daily reports of double typing, coupled to the difficulty of opening up and repairing the device; it simply has lost its appeal.

Personally I'm not buying another PKB phone from BlackBerry unless it's an island style keyboard like the Q5 or the curves before it because that design seems to be immune to this faulty keyboard plague

�The Berrylution will not be televised� Stupid. Double typeeing kyboard �
    06-13-15 03:06 AM
    I'm 100% onboard with island keys. I'd love a blue curve-styled Classic 2. The main issue for me is how ****ty the classic's toolbelt keys are. They need to be island keys, because right now they are tough to press and snag on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 08:08 AM
    Who said there will be a Classic 2?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 08:40 AM
    Who said there will be a Classic 2?

Posted via CB10
    “Given the receptivity for the Passport, I know that we’ll have at least another generation of that device,” said Chen. “I also carry very high hopes for the Classic, and I’ve spoken with a lot of people that want it … so I think we will have another iteration on that, and there will be a new concept device too.”

SOURCE = https://n4bb.com/blackberry-passport...ned-says-chen/
    Personally, I think the Classic 2 needs a taller screen. Keep the width, increase the height.
    anon(5830442) and domex like this.
    06-13-15 05:14 PM
    A larger trackpad will be most welcomed. Keyboard is just fine.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5830442) likes this.
    06-13-15 10:13 PM
    Curvy keyboard would be great (not sure what Island keyboard is) but even without it, it works just fine.

Trackpad definitely needs to be larger and more functional, at least be able to emulate actual on screen swipe and not just be a trackpad function because it doesn't work most of the time as scroll function in most apps, and in Android apps doesn't work at all (while you can swipe screen left/right, you cannot use trackpad to do the same function) so there is inconsistency which needs to be addressed. Or just give us a touch sensitive keyboard like Passport. I miss backspace/swipe back delete functions.

The trackpad should also be illuminated. Hopefully they don't something stupid like making it fingerprint sensor while I know many people would like that, I don't rally care for that function.

While we are on Classic 2, I hope they include ability to type the phone unlock password while in picture password mode, so you can have hybrid/dual password unlock option.
    Last edited by heading4tomorrow; 06-14-15 at 12:58 AM. Reason: typos corrected
    Pcmx likes this.
    06-13-15 10:57 PM
    Personally, I think the Classic 2 needs a taller screen. Keep the width, increase the height.
    No thank you at all. Square screen is cool and works fine.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 12:53 AM
    No Thanks!! +1

Coming from the 9900, I did not think the straight pkb would as good as the ergonomic 99, but once you have adapted to the BB10 OS it if fine. I also didn't think I could live without a track pad, but the more I use the Classic the less I use the track ball and when I do the smaller ball works great.

I use the track ball mainly to move the censor.

I would rather have a bigger screen than a bigger track ball. I "think" the reason for a straight screen is the aluminum frets between the rows help stabilize the keyboard and will help it last longer.

The only time I have double typing is when I'm typing fast and press a key harder then I should or miss the letter and press 2 keys at the same time.

I use both the Classic and 99 they both have their good points. But if I had to choose I would take the Classic as is with the smaller track ball and bigger screen.

I might even consider a classic without the tool bar, if the pkb worked like the Passport. Yes, I said it!!!

With the 798 OS this phone is rocking!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 04:18 AM
    I believe there will be a classic 2, but I feel that it will not get release until about 2 years from the current classic release date. Personally, I have not had any issues with double typing on my Verizon classic and you can not really judge how wide spread that particular issue is by going by crackberry posters who have experience it. I think the trackpad is here to stay on the classic, as it would not be a classic without it. The following is what I believe are going to be apart of the classic 2, as the classic is being position as the device that you just make upgrades and make little improvements on:

upgrade internal components
    adding of the touch enable keyboard

What I am wishing for is upgrade in battery and have internal specs in line with at the least the current passport as far as gpup and cpu. As far as the touch enable keyboard, I am for it as long as you can disable in the os if you feel don't need it (which I don't, as I have the trackpad).
    06-14-15 07:52 AM
    You guys think there will be a classic 2, but I don't even know if BlackBerry is going to exist for classic 2. I heard from Kim kodona, the next flagship-the slider will wear an android OS.
    06-14-15 08:36 AM
    You guys think there will be a classic 2, but I don't even know if BlackBerry is going to exist for classic 2. I heard from Kim kodona, the next flagship-the slider will wear an android OS.
    I feel confident John Chen has a vision for BlackBerry best interest. He has a lot to lose if BlackBerry fails.

"If" what you say is true what would be so wrong with 2 different OS for BlackBerry? Maybe that will bring in the sheep and sell more phone to offset the lost of revenue from the shrinking BIS.

As long as there is still new phones with BBOS there will be a BlackBerry.

Monday morning quarter backs usually never played that position or even played the game at that level.

Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 08:49 AM
    We are talking about the hardware so it might very well happen in the future.
    06-14-15 09:30 AM
    Not a fan of Island style keyboards... I LOVE the Bold's Keyboard, absolutely perfect... The Classic is a throwback nod to the Bold line so it's only fitting it continues the legacy with its' Bold-like keyboard.

The Q5 hosted island keyboard style, a nod to the Curve lovers... Perhaps looking for a Q5-esque reboot with a trackpad/toolbelt scenario is better suited for some of you...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 06-14-15 at 10:04 AM.
    06-14-15 09:48 AM
    Curvy keyboard would be great (not sure what Island keyboard is) but even without it, it works just fine.

Trackpad definitely needs to be larger and more functional, at least be able to emulate actual on screen swipe and not just be a trackpad function because it doesn't work most of the time as scroll function in most apps, and in Android apps doesn't work at all (while you can swipe screen left/right, you cannot use trackpad to do the same function) so there is inconsistency which needs to be addressed. Or just give us a touch sensitive keyboard like Passport. I miss backspace/swipe back delete functions.

The trackpad should also be illuminated. Hopefully they don't something stupid like making it fingerprint sensor while I know many people would like that, I don't rally care for that function.

While we are on Classic 2, I hope they include ability to type the phone unlock password while in picture password mode, so you can have hybrid/dual password unlock option.
    Island Keyboard is Curve Keyboard. It just means there is spacing between keys like the old Curves and Q5. The Bold, Q10, Classic etc has keys without spacing, that's all.

Posted via CB10 with my AT&T Classic
    06-14-15 11:10 AM
    I believe there will be a classic 2, but I feel that it will not get release until about 2 years from the current classic release date. Personally, I have not had any issues with double typing on my Verizon classic and you can not really judge how wide spread that particular issue is by going by crackberry posters who have experience it. I think the trackpad is here to stay on the classic, as it would not be a classic without it. The following is what I believe are going to be apart of the classic 2, as the classic is being position as the device that you just make upgrades and make little improvements on:

upgrade internal components
    adding of the touch enable keyboard

What I am wishing for is upgrade in battery and have internal specs in line with at the least the current passport as far as gpup and cpu. As far as the touch enable keyboard, I am for it as long as you can disable in the os if you feel don't need it (which I don't, as I have the trackpad).
    Yeah, a finely tuned touch sensitive keyboard will eventually replace the trackpad. I think anyway. If they can get it working well enough.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 08:03 PM
    It also needs a cupholder to free my hands for typing...
    06-15-15 12:11 AM
    No thank you at all. Square screen is cool and works fine.

Posted via CB10
    The only reason I've suggested BlackBerry make the Classic screen taller is to close the "app-gap" on their own ecosystem. Which in reality they should have to do but at this point in time it seems necessary due to lazy devs. Take for example a very popular app like Viber for BB10. This app is only available on on full-touch devices, which is ridiculous. When Viber was asked about making the app available for devices like the Q5, Q10, Passport, Classic, etc (all physical keyboard or PK devices) they straight up said it's not happening.

Ouch, big slap in the face to a good chunk of users. Now I know you can do all the workarounds in the world to get it onto the PK-devices but why the hell do we have to jump thru hoops? This is not what makes a platform successful, this doesn't make for a good experience for the user at all. This is why BlackBerry needs to figure out something.

Thus, my suggestion to make the Classic screen taller so it could match the resolution of the full-touch devices and they can use the same apps and not be divided on their own platform.
    06-16-15 08:05 AM
    The only reason I've suggested BlackBerry make the Classic screen taller is to close the "app-gap" on their own ecosystem. Which in reality they should have to do but at this point in time it seems necessary due to lazy devs. Take for example a very popular app like Viber for BB10. This app is only available on on full-touch devices, which is ridiculous. When Viber was asked about making the app available for devices like the Q5, Q10, Passport, Classic, etc (all physical keyboard or PK devices) they straight up said it's not happening.

Ouch, big slap in the face to a good chunk of users. Now I know you can do all the workarounds in the world to get it onto the PK-devices but why the hell do we have to jump thru hoops? This is not what makes a platform successful, this doesn't make for a good experience for the user at all. This is why BlackBerry needs to figure out something.

Thus, my suggestion to make the Classic screen taller so it could match the resolution of the full-touch devices and they can use the same apps and not be divided on their own platform.
    That's why they're producing the Slider Phone I guess. Though if it runs Android, it's a moot point.

I'd not buy a 16x9 pkb candybar. Way too awkward. BlackBerry should have made app development resolution and aspect ratio independent. Morphing and all. Would have solved a lot of headaches.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 10:48 AM
    Yeah, a finely tuned touch sensitive keyboard will eventually replace the trackpad. I think anyway. If they can get it working well enough.

Posted via CB10
    Can't speak for the future, but it's a no for me. I prefer a separate trackpad, I move my thumbs over the keyboard a lot in between the typing, and I'd hate for that to result in things moving around...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-16-15 01:41 PM
    For me, keep the tool belt the same as one piece and a bigger track pad that lights up like the Bold 9900 and bring back the Bold name with updated specs!!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 02:32 PM
    For me, keep the tool belt the same as one piece and a bigger track pad that lights up like the Bold 9900 and bring back the Bold name with updated specs!!

Posted via CB10
    I've been using my bold today and I have to admit, it's nice having that small fully capable devise instead of that large sticking out of your pocket Classic. Today I reminded myself what a great phone the 9900 really IS...
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-16-15 04:34 PM
    I've been using my bold today and I have to admit, it's nice having that small fully capable devise instead of that large sticking out of your pocket Classic. Today I reminded myself what a great phone the 9900 really IS...
    I keep the 9900 cued up as my secondary! Wonderful companion for those days when pockets aren't part of the outfit... The 9900 is more compact, offering that 'barely there' feel that I DO miss... The era of the Phablets and Godzilla phones are awful... Deja vu of Zack Morris and Saved By The Bell all over again... Hello 80's... Bulky bricks are back... I am not a fan...
    Classic 2 needs larger trackpad and island style keyboard-zackmorris_0.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Soapm and FobiddenRiceman like this.
    06-16-15 05:29 PM
    It also needs a cupholder to free my hands for typing...
    I need 2 fold out arm rests as well... lol

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident and Soapm like this.
    06-16-15 07:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you like the toolbelt being one bendy piece of plastic? I'd really prefer island toolbelt keys. Just more reliable.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 08:33 PM

I know this is off topic, but did you remove the IMF and nuance file on 798?
    I did and works smooth.
    06-16-15 11:13 PM
39 12