@sgosh hahahaha I'm really just used to it and I do love my phone even with it's flaws. I do worry that I might get a Classic with keyboard issues, and I won't be able to work around it as easily as I do now.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 09:15 AM
    @sgosh hahahaha I'm really just used to it and I do love my phone even with it's flaws. I do worry that I might get a Classic with keyboard issues, and I won't be able to work around it as easily as I do now.

Posted via CB10
    I wish I could, but your case seems really mild.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-05-15 09:21 AM
    @ATFC Could you describe yours? Or point me to a thread where you describe it in detail? I'm just trying to go into this Classic purchase as informed as possible. FWIW, my case did in fact seem very severe at first. So much that I didn't even use the phone for almost a year before picking it up and working with it again. That "stretching" out the key with gentle pulling seemed to be what made it usable again for me. I only had to do that a few times at first and then now I only do it sporadically, like if it is acting up really bad.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 09:44 AM
    @ATFC Could you describe yours? Or point me to a thread where you describe it in detail? I'm just trying to go into this Classic purchase as informed as possible. FWIW, my case did in fact seem very severe at first. So much that I didn't even use the phone for almost a year before picking it up and working with it again. That "stretching" out the key with gentle pulling seemed to be what made it usable again for me. I only had to do that a few times at first and then now I only do it sporadically, like if it is acting up really bad.

Posted via CB10
    Mine were Q10s and eventually the retailer offered to let me pay to exchange a Passport which also double typed until I just gave up. I never owned a Classic.

Anyway, they always end up double typing regardless of pressure unlike yours. It was either not registering or double type when it happens, no way to lightly type a single letter. It comes and goes and does not necessary stay with only one character but seemed to spread in all cases I've let them to before I exchanged, which makes it more difficult because I had to be careful with multiple letters which may or may not double type and impossible to get use to. Sometime for example, there were days when "a" starts acting normal and only "e" double types so I let my guard down then "a" double types again. It drove me nuts.

05-05-15 09:54 AM
    @ATFC Ugh!!! That does sound so annoying! I really wish there was an option to pull up a virtual keyboard on the screen so we could use that instead in these cases. But of course with the screen so small, that would be near impossible I'm sure?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 01:19 PM
    Mine were Q10s and eventually the retailer offered to let me pay to exchange a Passport which also double typed until I just gave up. I never owned a Classic.

Anyway, they always end up double typing regardless of pressure unlike yours. It was either not registering or double type when it happens, no way to lightly type a single letter. It comes and goes and does not necessary stay with only one character but seemed to spread in all cases I've let them to before I exchanged, which makes it more difficult because I had to be careful with multiple letters which may or may not double type and impossible to get use to. Sometime for example, there were days when "a" starts acting normal and only "e" double types so I let my guard down then "a" double types again. It drove me nuts.

With the Q10, I resigned myself to the fact I'd have to keep spare keyboards on hand - I still have two spares, even though I've more or less retired mine, and moved to a Z30.

Did you ever resort to replacing the keyboard yourself?
    05-05-15 01:26 PM
    @ATFC Ugh!!! That does sound so annoying! I really wish there was an option to pull up a virtual keyboard on the screen so we could use that instead in these cases. But of course with the screen so small, that would be near impossible I'm sure?

Posted via CB10
    The Q10 certainly is a charming little phone ... when it works properly. But as you say, there isn't the screen real-estate to use a vkb when the pkb fails.

I recommend to learn how to replace the Q10's keyboard. It's not difficult at all. You can purchase replacements for about $15.
    05-05-15 01:29 PM
    @sgosh I admire you for changing out that keyboard on your own. I'm a bit clumsy with tiny parts though. I couldn't even replace my trackball on my 8330 correctly...lmao

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 09:10 PM
    I wonder... the people having double typing issues... how do you keep your phone? In a holster or naked? I can imagine that a naked phone in your pocket damages easely.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-06-15 12:45 AM
    I wonder... the people having double typing issues... how do you keep your phone? In a holster or naked? I can imagine that a naked phone in your pocket damages easely.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    I use the BB branded leather pouch specifically for the Classic.
    05-06-15 07:10 AM
    Guys, I have to share this:

My Classic have got double typing for 3 days. Few minutes ago, when I lost my patience and decided to wipe out. I took out the micro SD card, and...

...my keyboard ran smoothly again.

So I hope that you can test and tell me if the memory card is the problem or not.

Thank you all.
    lactose likes this.
    05-06-15 07:17 AM
    Going by the amount of traction all the "double typing" threads are getting, I hope BlackBerry has taken notice and at the least investigating the reported problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 01:27 PM
    Only happens when I hit the space bar for me here n there
    05-06-15 01:33 PM
    Going by the amount of traction all the "double typing" threads are getting, I hope BlackBerry has taken notice and at the least investigating the reported problem.

Posted via CB10
    Haha. That's a good one.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    05-06-15 11:38 PM
    This is sad. I hope you change your mind and stay with BlackBerry. This issue needs to be address before it gets worst.

Posted via CB10
    Should people who have been burnt by defective products that Blackberry is still yet to acknowledge and address, stay with the brand just on your HOPE? Are you on drugs???

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 01:02 AM
    Haha. That's a good one.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    They don't need a Crackberry thread to know. They've got quantitative data on what each phone model's top warranty repair or replacement was for.

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    05-07-15 12:53 PM
    They don't need a Crackberry thread to know. They've got quantitative data on what each phone model's top warranty repair or replacement was for.

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    Agreed, but threads like this can alert the general public as to this issue. I think we can take note of BlackBerry's silence as a sign the problem is not isolated and BlackBerry has no solution ( that would not cost BlackBerry a great deal of money).

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 02:48 PM
    I have had this problem after upgrading to 10.3.1.1779. It's annyiing when you send mails and type password.
    05-29-15 03:41 PM
118 ... 345