Did the 9900 have this issue? Mine did not. Is the 9900 keyboard of the same construction? Do they have a new supplier?

Posted via CB10
    The Bold was good, as a matter of fact, everything before Q10 were good. Judging from Blackberry's responses (keep pretending they've never heard of this issue) and keep launching products with the same defective keyboard, I am almost entirely convinced that it is a deliberate attempt on BlackBerry's part to reduce the life of their devices so people couldn't hold on to the same phone for 5 years. And from the poll on this site, the Q10's problematic keyboard figure keeps rising, I would be led to believe that it would happen to every handset eventually.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-02-15 12:39 PM
    No this is just plain old incompetence. The main selling feature that BlackBerry had was the keyboard and now that is gone.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 12:43 PM
    Are you saying double tapping the space bar to have the period at the end of the sentence is an issue?
    Well....yeah. If you don't want the period and it comes out anyways. It'll be like the following....

Hi. How are. You doing. Today?

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    05-02-15 01:11 PM
    Yep, pkb is their bread and butter. I can't believe they allowed this to get out of hand. Been going on since the days of the Q10. If they acknowledge the problem since, fixed the Q10 then it wouldn't have transmitted to the Classic and Passport. Now the problem just got worst.

No this is just plain old incompetence. The main selling feature that BlackBerry had was the keyboard and now that is gone.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 04:34 PM
    Yep, pkb is their bread and butter. I can't believe they allowed this to get out of hand. Been going on since the days of the Q10. If they acknowledge the problem since, fixed the Q10 then it wouldn't have transmitted to the Classic and Passport. Now the problem just got worst.
    I wouldn't say it's worse. It's too early to tell. If anything it will be comparable, in terms of % impacted, to the Q10.

So far it's playing out similarly; folks start off insisting it's software, then slowly come to realize it's hardware related.

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    Q10Bold likes this.
    05-02-15 06:37 PM
    Brood could would should food mood toot foot groot root snoot loot gold rolled foul sour tower bowl roll snow flow row

Love how it doesn't do it once when I'm trying to make it but when I'm replying to something important it spams the double typing.
    05-02-15 08:58 PM
    How long is the warranty when purchased through Verizon?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 09:22 PM
    Conspiracy theorists like me would be tempted to say at least a small part of BlackBerry did this deliberately to make the hardcore fans and stubborn lovers of keyboard move on from a physical keyboard. Since one less patented part means easier and cheaper outsourcing manufacturers and a much cheaper cost to make.

I just can't find a reason to believe this is not deliberate since another user has torn opened the three problematic devices and discovered the keyboards are exactly the same despite Classic and Passport were released well after issues with Q10 were reported.

05-02-15 10:03 PM
    Brood could would should food mood toot foot groot root snoot loot gold rolled foul sour tower bowl roll snow flow row

Love how it doesn't do it once when I'm trying to make it but when I'm replying to something important it spams the double typing.
    Maybe we should all try to make the double-typing happen. It'll then be resolved.

05-03-15 02:03 AM
    Maybe we should all try to make the double-typing happen. It'll then be resolved.

I think the only thing that would possibly have the slightest impact and gives BlackBerry an incentive to stop this madness is to have a large number of users posting this on BlackBerry's Facebook page and official blog, preferably with screen caps as well.

Otherwise, I don't see BlackBerry caring and I don't see why they would care. I have said this multiple times on this forum, the few retailers in where I live that actually carry BlackBerry are openly discouraging people to buy them and not displaying them or only displaying them in boxes and the words are that there are just too many defective handsets that it takes up too much of their resources to deal with BlackBerry customers that it is just not worth it to sell them. It really sucks.

05-03-15 03:01 AM
    To all you folks whining, how hard is it to turn on auto-correct? This will fix 99% of all your double typos. For those complaining about the space bar, just simply turn off "double press space bar to insert period". It's as simple as that. You should be thanking BB for giving you the choice. 6 months in with my Q10 and no double typing whatsoever.
    Madhuchandran likes this.
    05-03-15 08:18 AM
    To all you folks whining, how hard is it to turn on auto-correct? This will fix 99% of all your double typos. For those complaining about the space bar, just simply turn off "double press space bar to insert period". It's as simple as that. You should be thanking BB for giving you the choice. 6 months in with my Q10 and no double typing whatsoever.
    We should thank BlackBerry for making double type defective keyboards on three models?!?!
    You do realize people paid a premium over mediocre specs because they want to be more accurate, not less accurate, with the qwerty keyboard, right?

05-03-15 08:25 AM
    Someone please fix the title

Posted via Q10Bold
    05-03-15 08:35 AM
    To all you folks whining, how hard is it to turn on auto-correct? This will fix 99% of all your double typos.
    Your experience with auto-correct seems to differ from mine. I find it doesn't work well on my Classic. If it did, I agree, this would minimise the impact.
    Unless I have not enabled auto-correct property. It doesn't fix aand for instance.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 11:47 AM
    I get the double typing issue frequently, as well as autoo correct dooesnt correct.

Didn't correct the above intentionally, it seems tooo be happening with the o mainly.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 12:43 PM
    Auto-correct doesn't work. It is suppose to correct an incorrectly spelled word when you press the space bar. It doesn't. Only see it with I'm or they've. Not wiiith or aannd.
    Is it like this with other phones?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 01:19 PM
    To all you folks whining, how hard is it to turn on auto-correct? This will fix 99% of all your double typos.
    I got the Classic so I don't have to use auto-correct.

05-03-15 06:42 PM
    I got the Classic so I don't have to use auto-correct.

I think it's how a lot of pkb owners want to use their phones: auto correct OFF so as to avoid embarrassing auto correct blunders. Little good that does us when the keyboard itself lets us down...

05-03-15 08:25 PM
    I tried Chris Le Neve's suggestion of turning off the space-space to period-space feature, and I'm finding a huge improvement. Thanks Chris. So folks, for what it's worth give this a try. The only down-side is that you'll have to get used to putting the periods in yourself. But it might at least improve the situation for you. I'm NOT using auto-correct since so much of what I have to type is technical stuff. However, this one change seems to have cleared the problem up for me. At least so far. I'll keep my fingers crossed. But not while I'm typing.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 08:43 PM
    I think it's how a lot of pkb owners want to use their phones: auto correct OFF so as to avoid embarrassing auto correct blunders. Little good that does us when the keyboard itself lets us down...

That's true. It's why mine stays off. But yes, if the keyboard fails, then that sucks. I've been lucky, haven't had the issue myself in the devices I've personally used.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-03-15 09:56 PM
    Auto correct is only effective if you choose the correct word on the spot, if you type past the miss typed word it sees it as acceptable. Sgosh, you finally gave up and got a Z30, how's it going?
    05-03-15 11:04 PM
    Tried these 2 recommendations. I'm sorry to say it didn't help or seem to have any effect on the issue. No change in the double typing problem from prior to this change. Still whining here.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 11:06 PM
    @thymaster Oh, I am staying with BlackBerry no matter what! I'm just not sure if I HAVE to have the Classic in such a rush now. I mean, I could just hang on to that upgrade for awhile and keep using my Q10 and Z30. I have found workarounds to keep my Q10 usable. I hope I can do that with the Classic too if I get it and it starts double typing on me.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 11:19 PM
    Auto correct is only effective if you choose the correct word on the spot, if you type past the miss typed word it sees it as acceptable. Sgosh, you finally gave up and got a Z30, how's it going?
    So far so good! The vkb is implemented quite well. I'm getting used to "the flick.".

What phone are you currently using?

05-03-15 11:21 PM
    @thymaster Oh, I am staying with BlackBerry no matter what! I'm just not sure if I HAVE to have the Classic in such a rush now. I mean, I could just hang on to that upgrade for awhile and keep using my Q10 and Z30. I have found workarounds to keep my Q10 usable. I hope I can do that with the Classic too if I get it and it starts double typing on me.

Posted via CB10
    If you live in or around the Vancouver area drop me a message. I have two extra Q10 - new - keyboards. I don't mind helping you with a replacement if yours is off warranty.

05-03-15 11:24 PM
118 12345