You folks need a class action lawyer.

Posted via CB10
    I have thought exactly the same thing. I wonder who will rally the troops?

A keyboard based phone, with a malfunctioning keyboard. How curious.

My double typing Q10 is put out to pasture, awaiting litigation.

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    04-30-15 12:59 PM
    Problem started about ten days ago - two months after I bought my Classic. Only happens with the spacebar so far. (like there) and it is random, but it's enough to start driving me crazy. Loved the phone before this started, now not so much.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 07:58 PM
    Oh no. I have suffered the Q10 double typing for a year. And I have an upgrade available in June that I was going to use for a Classic, a birthday present to myself. Now I don't know if I should or not...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 08:04 PM
    I was looking at the Q10 keyboard replacement video. Definitely not for the faint of heart. I wonder how much a repair place charges?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 10:32 PM
    The double typing issue is not that scary! But then it might depend on "the" handset that you get.
    I have experienced the same issue and it started after 3-4 months of purchase. Gets very annoying at times.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 10:50 PM
    Oh no. I have suffered the Q10 double typing for a year. And I have an upgrade available in June that I was going to use for a Classic, a birthday present to myself. Now I don't know if I should or not...

Posted via CB10
    Makes two of us. Shame. Most likely will not. At least with the Q10 the keyboard is replaceable -- the Classic, not so much. Might have to say my farewells to Blackberry soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 10:53 PM
    This is sad. I hope you change your mind and stay with BlackBerry. This issue needs to be address before it gets worst.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 11:07 PM
    Been using a Q5 for almost a year and a half now and was thinking of upgrading to the classic soon, this thread has deterred me a bit, hopefully BlackBerry releases a new keyboard device with a keyboard similar to the Q5's design in the near future.

'Clickity-Clack' goes my keypad! - White BlackBerry Q5
    05-01-15 01:41 AM
    I'm pretty sure what I'm experiencing with my Classic is software related, so could potentially be solved with a software upgrade. Based on all that I have read in various posts this seems like a different problem to the Q10.
    Though annoying at times, I have no regrets and would not trade it for another brand.
    If the autocorrect worked better it would be a non issue. I get around it by using the predictive text which I should be using more anyway since it does make typing faster.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    05-01-15 06:55 AM
    I've experienced the double typing on the spacebar. I got the phone in March. Had to disable the double space insert period setting. Since then, random keys have very randomly started double typing. Definitely noticed the P key doing it. If it keeps up, as much as I love a physical keyboard and BB10, I may just go back to a Sonim feature phone and be done with smartphones. I absolutely cannot stand touching screens.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 07:54 AM
    I'm pretty sure what I'm experiencing with my Classic is software related, so could potentially be solved with a software upgrade. Based on all that I have read in various posts this seems like a different problem to the Q10.
    Though annoying at times, I have no regrets and would not trade it for another brand.
    If the autocorrect worked better it would be a non issue. I get around it by using the predictive text which I should be using more anyway since it does make typing faster.

Posted via CB10
    I hope you are right. Wishing an OS update would solved it.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.281
    05-01-15 07:57 AM
    Has this been narrowed down to hardware or software?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 08:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    If the Q10 is anything to go by, and given the Classic keyboard's similarity to said model, I'd put my money down on hardware as the main issue.

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    05-01-15 09:49 AM
    If this was 'software' it would effect every single unit on the offending software ver.

As that is not happening, it is a hardware problem.
    Software would not randomly pick a specific letter, or get worse over time.
    Software would not explain how a new replaced kb (on Q's) no longer have double type.

If this were a software bug, it would have been hunted down and killed by now... we hear nothing from BlackBerry because it is an embarrassing hardware failure.
    anon(8080272) and Bbnivende like this.
    05-01-15 09:51 AM
    I get the period in the middle of the sentence thing a lot. That, and the occasional 15 second freeze are about my only complaints. And rarely the screen goes a little crazy. But I still do like the phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Classi Double Typing-crazy_bb_screen.png  
    05-01-15 10:39 AM
    I also get double typing, mostly if I'm typing fast. I got it on the q10 also . It's getting more frequent now.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 01:17 AM
    not good reading about double typing on classic as Q10 has same problem, was thinking of trying the classic and moving from 9900, but will wait to see if this problem is cured by Blackberry, and classic is not easy to self repair as 9900 is easy to dismantle and repair which is important for IT departments, another feature the classic does not have.
    05-02-15 02:49 AM
    Just gonna type a few lines to see if I can replicate the double typing issue. So far things are going well. In the last few days I must say I have seen an improvement on the double typing issue and the problem is less frequent.
    Ok I guess I woont be able to replicate it. But just as I said that I have been proven wrong!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 04:16 AM
    In case anyone was wondering what caused double-typing on the Q10, here's a look at how delicately made the keyboards are. Incidentally, the Classic and the Passport utilize the same design:

Classi Double Typing-img_20150502_090240.jpg

The little foil domes on the far left are what collapse when you press a key, and then bridge the copper traces you see underneath (to the right) to register a key press . A few physical issues can cause double-typing:

- The foil contacts become fatigued, corroded or misaligned. If fatigued, there's no way to repair. If corroded, a wipe with alcohol can restore function. If misaligned, it is possible to re-seat the foil domes to restore function.

- The copper traces become corroded. It is possible to restore function by cleaning with alcohol, and carefully re-seating/aligning the foil contacts.

I managed to restore the keyboard above by cleaning and re-seating properly. Prior to surgery, it double-typed.

Of course, this is a very delicate and tricky procedure only recommended for advanced, brave, tinkerers.

Lostonline and SpartanSK117 like this.
    05-02-15 11:24 AM
    I get the period in the middle of the sentence thing a lot. That, and the occasional 15 second freeze are about my only complaints. And rarely the screen goes a little crazy. But I still do like the phone.
    Uh, get your phone replaced if it's still under warranty, which almost all Classic's should be still... Don't just accept those things. Mine hasn't had any double typing or weird screen glitches, so don't think that all of them will have any of those issues...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-02-15 11:34 AM
    Mine was from kijiji, I can't do warranty on it.
    05-02-15 11:39 AM
    Thee most common double typing is for letter "e", like for eexample heere.
    The other. Issue is for. Space bar double pressing, which goes to. Period. Like heree.
    Are you saying double tapping the space bar to have the period at the end of the sentence is an issue?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 11:53 AM
    Yes! This double typing issue on Classic is... A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G!! It seems to be getting worse too. C'mon BlackBerry... 2 BB10 devices (Q10 and now Classic) in a row now with same issue? WAKE UP PLEASE!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kobnyc; 05-04-15 at 02:17 PM.
    05-02-15 12:01 PM
    Did the 9900 have this issue? Mine did not. Is the 9900 keyboard of the same construction? Do they have a new supplier?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 12:29 PM
    Did the 9900 have this issue? Mine did not. Is the 9900 keyboard of the same construction? Do they have a new supplier?

Posted via CB10
    I think it is a different manufacturer. The Q5 does not have this issue. Its keyboard feels similar to the curves of old.

05-02-15 12:34 PM
118 1234 ...