Hey guys,

new member here, just about ready to pull the trigger on my first Blackberry (Classic) unless I can be convinced it's not a good idea.

I have been using a Nokia E6 for the past 2,5 years. Before that had a couple of E72s on the trot and an E63, E62 and E61 before those; see the pattern emerging? My current E6 would still serve me well enough but it's developed these irritating quirks as of late (random restarting, failing to restart etc.) and as the most acute push-factor, WhatsApp (the only 3rd party app I have in constant use) is forcing me to update a new version every few weeks and since a few versions back, this app has got horrendously laggy and non-responsive.

Seeing as I'm decidedly not bothered about consuming multimedia on my handphone and instead, give a major emphasis on quick messaging and calling, with occassional emails thrown in for good measure, all lines of logical thought have led me towards purchasing a Blackberry Classic. Here's the catch though: I live in a country with no official (or unofficial, for that matter) representation of Blackberry and as such, I cannot "test drive" the device before parting with my hard-earned. The only first-hand experience I have of Blackberries is from minute sessions of fiddling with some ex-girlfriends' devices (hmm that sounds a bit off) around the turn of the decade.

If I had an outstanding concern, it would be about typing characters not found on the pkb; obviously, my pkb Nokias excell in this with their full keyboards, complete with separate keys for �, � and �. I know the theory of making these appear on a Blackberry but but but... Does it work well enough? I communicate using 4 different languages on any given day and having to trust the dictionaries to make auto-corrections strikes as cumbersome and something I'd rather avoid.

Am I making sense here, do I go ahead and buy this phone? At the end of the day, there's literally only one way for me to find out whether it suits my needs or not but as it's a 400� investment, I'd like to go in fully prepared.

Thanks heaps in advance and my apologies for what is probably the umpteenth introductory thread started by those umming and erring over their purchase.
    07-26-15 11:30 AM
    We would have to see a picture of you first before we decide if it's for you.

You will need to pass through a committee of your peers, answer a questionnaire and a credit check.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    07-26-15 01:32 PM
    I would recommend it based on what you've said, make sure that you purchase your device from somewhere with a decent return policy just in case you decide that you don't like it so you wont be stuck with it in that scenario.

You can switch between languages quite easily on the Classic (I believe Alt-Enter is the keyboard shortcut to switch input methods) so no need to worry about that. In addition, you can customize or even disable the auto correct functionality based on your preferences.
    07-26-15 01:59 PM
    Based on your needs, it sounds like the Classic would be an excellent choice for you.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-26-15 06:28 PM
    To the OP, you already answered your question by stating your needs
    The Classic is obviously meant for you.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 04:21 AM
    Nice to see another Symbian user around, a friend of mine just bought a Classic from a E6 (he was running Anna because he didn't like Belle)

BB10 from Symbian can take some getting used especially after been on the platform for so long, but it's worth it in the end.
    07-27-15 05:05 AM
    Based on your needs... the Classic would indeed be the phone for you!

Posted via my awesome Classic
    07-27-15 11:17 AM
    I had various Nokias before moving to blackberry. I had an e71,e73 and a C6.

So far I have been very happy with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 11:22 AM
    Oh, and I am using the Passport now, but coming from an e6, I would think you would like the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 11:22 AM
    You will love the Classic

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 10:58 AM
    Sounds like it will suit your needs nicely. I wouldn't worry about the languages, I am forever typing in 2 different languages and I don't even need to switch, it works very well for that.

Concerning the 400 euro investment, get it from Amazon, they have a good return policy. On ShopBB you can return it within 1 month.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my BlackBerry doesn't have an app for that.
    08-02-15 12:23 PM
    Is the Classc for me?-img_20150802_210803.png

You can only enable up to 3 languages for language input at a time on BB10. If you disable spell check, or don't mind the spell checker underlining most everything in the 4th language you write in, you'll be fine.

Is the Classc for me?-img_20150802_210824.png

Also you can chose the keyboard layout separately per enabled language.
    08-02-15 02:08 PM