Hope it'll retail for $300 unlocked. I really need the physical keyboards, but can't afford to pay outright anymore than $300 for a phone off-contract.
    10-29-14 08:54 PM
    I think BB is going to be pleasantly surprised (relieved) at how many of these they sell. If I could hold a Passport for a while (better yet, a week) I would be able to decide on whether it would work for me. It is a safer bet that BB would not make a physical keyboard phone that's not workable. With the Classic, I "know" what it is and that I'd like it. I suspect many more BB owners are placing the safer bet on what they know they'd like.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-29-14 09:36 PM
    With proper grammar I meant "Verizon's testing process is well known to take longer than other carriers, who are GSM...."
    I thought you probably did. Sprint also is CDMA. Not sure about their testing but it took them a long time to get bb10.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 09:56 PM
    I thought you probably did. Sprint also is CDMA. Not sure about their testing but it took them a long time to get bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Just a clarification. LTE 4g is GSM. For everyone including Verizon. Cdma is really just the 3g network at this point.

Doesn't change the fact that Verizon users need the Cdma version. Just clearing things up

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 10:44 PM
    cant have the classic blackberry without the classic blackberry delays
    allwi, phuoc, Xenolock and 3 others like this.
    10-29-14 11:04 PM
    Why doesn't everyone just get a passport to hold you over until the classic comes out?

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-29-14 11:09 PM
    Why doesn't everyone just get a passport to hold you over until the classic comes out?

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    Because we all can't afford to just buy multiple phones a year just because...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    AllanQuatermain and Mr4aces like this.
    10-29-14 11:14 PM
    How difficult is it to bring a Q10 with a trackpad and four extra buttons to market?

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-30-14 02:45 AM
    Let's hope it's still November
    exactly! I need a new OS soon!
    10-30-14 05:48 AM
    Just a clarification. LTE 4g is GSM. For everyone including Verizon. Cdma is really just the 3g network at this point.

Doesn't change the fact that Verizon users need the Cdma version. Just clearing things up

Posted via CB10
    Yea, I am aware of that. Verizon is soemwhat of a hybrid now. In 10 years, you shouldn't need anything different for different carriers but who knows how long CDMA towers will be on.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 06:22 AM
    I hope they give us 10.3.1 the same day cause I had enough waiting.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 07:42 AM
    I don't want to be optimistic here,or anything, but could he be announcing and opening pre-orders for the classic at the BES event, with shipping to start in December...maybe to make the classic launch a little smoother than the passport?

It's all semantics anyway, I couldn't get a passport today, when was it launched?
    10-30-14 07:49 AM
    A very reliable source from within Rogers Wireless said their release date for the Classic is December 17th
    10-30-14 10:14 AM
    17 th is to close to Christmas. The current outlook for carrier release is the second week of December. They are trying to get it out earlier however i don't see that happening. I continually bug our account reps about devices because of all the BB10 device the Classic would be the easiest for my user to upgrade too.
    10-30-14 02:20 PM
    He did say November, but he didn't state specifically November of this year.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Priceless!! Nice one since everybody is getting technical. Thanks!
    hnguyen likes this.
    10-30-14 02:28 PM
    That's not the point. I agree with your point, but that's not why people are upset. People are upset because BlackBerry has a bad history of promising and then failing to deliver. They failed with BBM and then they failed so hard to push update 10.2 even after promising users in the United States it would come. So I understand if the November deadline can't be met because things do happen. Just don't say things if you're not sure of them. Why tell everyone something, fail to deliver, and then we as consumers make excuses for BlackBerry?

Chen should have been, "It'll come, when it's ready" and not go on writing his stupid pointless essays about his strategy about fixing the culture, how he's going to turn things around, how things are looking bad, etc. Just release the damn phone, muffka.
    Slow down, buddy. You might want to run BlackBerry yourself before saying something like that. Some things are just easy to say than to do. You seemed to be so upset. How much does patience count for you? Is it that hard to wait?

Anyway, a week before holidays come. Perfect for people receiving incentives
    10-30-14 06:18 PM
    How difficult is it to bring a Q10 with a trackpad and four extra buttons to market?

Posted via CB10
    This really made me LOL!!! haha good point.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-31-14 01:51 AM
    I think the wait is intentional to space out after the Passport and BES12 announcements.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 07:42 AM
    A very reliable source from within Rogers Wireless said their release date for the Classic is December 17th
    Well.... given that Chen said that it would be coming out a month after the November 13th event, anyone could guess within that timeframe.
    10-31-14 10:28 AM
    Was the interview in the USA ? Maybe the classic will be available in December in the US but in November in Canada ?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Track & buttons were probably the easy part. We're still waiting for 10.3.1 to go with the belt, IMO.
    11-04-14 01:53 PM
    Over promise and under deliver again? This has got to change.
    Sorry - won't. Normal.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 12:52 AM
    Maybe he meant november 2015 and he is REALLY early?

Posted via CB10
    elgolfman likes this.
    11-07-14 01:00 AM
    Maybe he meant november 2015 and he is REALLY early?

Posted via CB10
    Ahhh - yes. Finally. Ahead of schedule.
    11-07-14 01:05 AM
49 12