1. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    10-28-14 07:18 PM
    Over promise and under deliver again? This has got to change.
    10-28-14 07:23 PM
    Would be nice if they get this phone out sooner!

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    10-28-14 07:25 PM
    The deadline for developers to opt-out from the offer to have their Q10 apps automatically being made available for the Classic expires on October 28 - so I doubt it will take BlackBerry more than a month after that to launch the Classic.
    10-28-14 07:28 PM
    Let's hope it's still November
    10-28-14 07:30 PM
    Can the OP or a mod please edit... the title does not have to be the URL, lol
    10-28-14 07:30 PM
    Chen never said November. So why do people keep saying there was a delay?

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-28-14 10:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    From back in April 2014:

BlackBerry Classic to launch in November, says CEO John Chen | PhoneDog
    10-28-14 10:40 PM
    I've heard him say November before. In this interview he said they were aiming for a Sept/Oct timeframe. It's always been roughly towards the end of the year though, and no official date was ever given. It was all informal.

Interesting to note is that the Q4 earnings report will be on December 19. Hopefully JC wants to get some good initial shipments/sales on the Classic before that to deliver good news similarly to what happened with the Passport last month around Q3 reports.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    10-28-14 10:44 PM
    WOW, that's going not going to be good. Since I'm in Verizon, I have been waiting for the classic, since I can't get the Passport unless I switch carriers. I was hoping that it would only be a few more weeks until I can pick up a new phone.

I also know a lot of legacy users that have been eyeing the classic to upgrade. Now that they have to wait even longer, they aren't going to be happy, but will still probably upgrade. BBRY needs to try everything they can to get it out in November.
    10-28-14 10:48 PM
    I've heard him say November before. In this interview he said they were aiming for a Sept/Oct timeframe.
    Yup, he's said November several times. Just never said an exact date of course. - BlackBerry Classic targeted for November release | CrackBerry.com
    10-28-14 10:52 PM
    If you have ever waited for a new phone before then you know release dates usually mean the unlocked gsm version. Carrier dates rarely line up, and in Verizons case it's rarely close. Nobody on verizon should expect this phone in 2014.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    10-28-14 11:37 PM
    It's okay if it's postponed to December, as long as they deliver a well working device with a good QC. People would prefer to wait a bit longer and get a great device rather than rushing up a premature device. I'm sure Chen think it thoroughly already.

But I do hope it's ready to be launched early December, so it can be a nice Christmas gift

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-28-14 11:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Really? you missed it probably. He repeatedly said in the interviews Classic was planned for November launch.
    10-28-14 11:49 PM
    He did say November, but he didn't state specifically November of this year.

10-28-14 11:55 PM
    The specs aren't that impressive to begin with. Each passing day I'm continuing to lose interest.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via CrackBerry App
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    10-29-14 12:10 AM
    The only reason I can think of for them delaying the release is because of software issues, maybe they still working on the Classic meshing with the BlackBerry 10 OS. I can't see an issue with them building the device, that shouldn't be too hard.

For South Africa, where there is a very big following of BlackBerry specifically with the 9900's and the 8520's people are looking for another toolbelt device. So if the launch only comes in Mid December around the 11th. That means people in South Africa would only receive the classic around Jan 23rd.

Which in my mind is perfect because everyone is now broke after all the holiday spending.. still hoping for that November release but doesn't look good.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-29-14 12:39 AM
    It's okay if it's postponed to December, as long as they deliver a well working device with a good QC. People would prefer to wait a bit longer and get a great device rather than rushing up a premature device. I'm sure Chen think it thoroughly already.

But I do hope it's ready to be launched early December, so it can be a nice Christmas gift

That's not the point. I agree with your point, but that's not why people are upset. People are upset because BlackBerry has a bad history of promising and then failing to deliver. They failed with BBM and then they failed so hard to push update 10.2 even after promising users in the United States it would come. So I understand if the November deadline can't be met because things do happen. Just don't say things if you're not sure of them. Why tell everyone something, fail to deliver, and then we as consumers make excuses for BlackBerry?

Chen should have been, "It'll come, when it's ready" and not go on writing his stupid pointless essays about his strategy about fixing the culture, how he's going to turn things around, how things are looking bad, etc. Just release the damn phone, muffka.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-29-14 01:08 AM
    If you have ever waited for a new phone before then you know release dates usually mean the unlocked gsm version. Carrier dates rarely line up, and in Verizons case it's rarely close. Nobody on verizon should expect this phone in 2014.

Posted via CB10
    than blackberry shouldn't expect too many sales from verizon... The same sales tactics that put them in the position they are in today should not be what they use to come back from the brink.
    10-29-14 01:09 AM
    I'm seriously doubting a December 2014 release either. Very probable the Classic will be released within the 1st quarter of 2015. Until then we will all have to be satisfied with those posts titles that say 'Classic peeks out the window' OR 'Coyness of the Classic' OR 'Classic spotted in such and such'.

At this point that type of flim-flam advertising should be retired from Blackberry! For Pete's sake BB, get a professional camera guy to shoot some nice video and stills of the device and release what it for SURE will be able to do.
    10-29-14 05:22 AM
    Really? you missed it probably. He repeatedly said in the interviews Classic was planned for November launch.
    Yes, I guess I did

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 07:06 AM
    I don't like doom and gloom thoughts but the people at BB better be working their butts off 24/7 to deliver this Classic ASAP and it better be flawless out of the box. Anything less will be another nail in the coffin for BB.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    10-29-14 05:00 PM
    If it's December because they realised the specs weren't good enough and are trying to improve then I'm all for this.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren and Mr4aces like this.
    10-29-14 05:06 PM
    Verizon's testing process is well known to take longer than other gsm carriers. Sucks, because means they rarely beat other brands to the market.
    Verizon isn't a GSM Carrier.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 05:28 PM
    Verizon's testing process is well known to take longer than other gsm carriers. Sucks, because means they rarely beat other brands to the market.
    So? thats just another excuse for BB not to deliver like they always promise. Other manufacturers are able to launch phones on multiple carriers at the same time.
    10-29-14 08:10 PM
49 12