Why is there no Red charging light and Green charged light on the phone like the Q10 to indicate the charging status when the phone is off?
    03-13-15 03:32 PM
    There is. I saw it last night when I was charging my classic

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    03-13-15 04:36 PM
    Do you plug it up first and then turn it off?

03-13-15 04:40 PM
    I never seen that..

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 04:41 PM
    I only see the Led alert lights never seen the battery light when turned off.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 06:49 PM
    I think he is referring to the LED indicator

03-13-15 08:05 PM
    Do you plug it up first and then turn it off?

I turn the phone off first, then plug in the charger. Did the same thing on my Q10, but the red and green lights always worked normally on that phone. The only indication I get of charging is with the phone on there is the charge symbol next to the battery indicator.
    03-13-15 08:21 PM
    If you plug it up first and then turn it off, you will get the charging indicator lights. That's the only way I get it

03-13-15 08:28 PM
    If you plug it up first and then turn it off, you will get the charging indicator lights. That's the only way I get it

I will try it and report back...................thks
    03-13-15 08:38 PM

Yes.............tried that and it works great. Thanks for the help.
    03-13-15 11:35 PM
    Awesome, glad I could help

03-13-15 11:55 PM
    Why is there no Red charging light and Green charged light on the phone like the Q10 to indicate the charging status when the phone is off?
    Because that wouldn't be "Classic"

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-14-15 01:20 AM

Well, I'm back. Using the procedure that we talked about..........plug charger in first, then turn off phone................doesn't always work. Last night tried that twice and the phone would not charge after the phone turned off. Anyone else having this problem? Frustrating!
    03-25-15 09:20 AM
    Well, I'm back. Using the procedure that we talked about..........plug charger in first, then turn off phone................doesn't always work. Last night tried that twice and the phone would not charge after the phone turned off. Anyone else having this problem? Frustrating!
    Reconnect the charger with the phone turned off...

Point is why would you want your phone to be turned off for 1-2 hours while it charges so you get to see the light flash?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 12:03 PM
    Reconnect the charger with the phone turned off...

Point is why would you want your phone to be turned off for 1-2 hours while it charges so you get to see the light flash?

Posted via CB10
    Phone is off overnight while it is charging. If it charges???
    03-25-15 07:30 PM
    Just curious why you want to turn your phone off. My phone never gets turned off. At night, I use "bedside mode". All notifications are turned off except phone calls ... and that can be silenced also if I so desire. Just don't see a need to turn the phone off.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 09:51 PM
    Just curious why you want to turn your phone off. My phone never gets turned off. At night, I use "bedside mode". All notifications are turned off except phone calls ... and that can be silenced also if I so desire. Just don't see a need to turn the phone off.

Posted via CB10
    You have a good point about turning the phone off at night..............I guess it's just a habit from the past. BUT...............shouldn't the phone charge when you plug the charger in no matter if the phone is on or off? I can't believe that I'm the only one having this problem.
    03-27-15 09:24 AM
    I've only noticed the red charging light when the battery has died and when fully charged it changes to green. Otherwise I go by the Lightning indicator in the top-left corner of the screen.
    03-27-15 11:01 AM