10-18-15 09:56 PM
89 1234
tools
    Now that's a very sizable collection - indeed !!
    Bravo...

Posted via CB10
    donemt likes this.
    04-19-15 11:05 PM
    The pouch for me

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 04:38 AM
    Now that's a very sizable collection - indeed !!
    Bravo...

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Started this build up of Blackberrys a long time ago with only my very first one the side pager 900 being the one I no longer have. And the only "dummy" model I put in my collection was the Q10 since I had to trade that for my new Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 06:19 AM
    No case

Posted via CB10
    Amen to that.

No case + a leather pouch

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 06:34 AM
    Had no case, dropped it, got a case now
    04-20-15 10:55 AM
    no case.

but can someone reccommend a neoprene sleeve/pouch. This is useful when travelling.

The OEM leather pouch, as others have mentioned, is a tight fit, and a PITA to pull the phone out.
    04-20-15 10:03 PM
    Gotta run nudist. I've had mine case-less since day 1 and it looks box new. Very durable construction and build quality.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 08:50 AM
    I had been using the Otter box case but much prefer to go naked. I find typing easier without the case. Plus anytime I take it out of the case there is crud wearing away at the finish of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 08:47 AM
    I use both my Classic and Q10 with a basic leather pocket (no clip) because I find they're pretty slim and prevent damage. One of my previous phones suffered from being in the same pocket as my keys without any sort of screen protection. I don't drop my phones very often (any more - apparently I said in that quote above), so I don't require more than that. I did have an Otter box on my old Curve, but I didn't like the fact that it was rubber, so it got stuck in my pocket all the time and it picked up every kind of fibre known to man.

As for the reason I think BB's are indestructible, I was walking along and chatting on a torch (the white one), and tripped over a seriously uneven slab of pebbly concrete. I slammed the Torch face-down on impact, and it came away with no worse than a couple paint chips. That would NEVER have happened with my brother's iPhone. That thing would be smashed to smithereens (again). I think that's one of my favourite features with these phones!
    09-16-15 10:23 AM
    Have a varied assortment of cases and use O always take em off and use bare bum .
    09-16-15 10:43 AM
    I use both my Classic and Q10 with a basic leather pocket (no clip) because I find they're pretty slim and prevent damage. One of my previous phones suffered from being in the same pocket as my keys without any sort of screen protection. I don't drop my phones very often (any more - apparently I said in that quote above), so I don't require more than that. I did have an Otter box on my old Curve, but I didn't like the fact that it was rubber, so it got stuck in my pocket all the time and it picked up every kind of fibre known to man.

As for the reason I think BB's are indestructible, I was walking along and chatting on a torch (the white one), and tripped over a seriously uneven slab of pebbly concrete. I slammed the Torch face-down on impact, and it came away with no worse than a couple paint chips. That would NEVER have happened with my brother's iPhone. That thing would be smashed to smithereens (again). I think that's one of my favourite features with these phones!
    I was sad to find out that the CLassic screen is nowhere near as durable as the Torch's. My Torch I dropped dozens of times and it would just get scuffed. First time I dropped my CLassic without a case, the screen was shattered.
    09-16-15 10:59 AM
    Jeez. Guess I'll be keeping a more careful eye on my Classic. Thanks for the heads up! Thankfully I don't talk as often while walking around the concrete jungle these days. And I find I don't drop my Q10 as often as I did my Torch, so that helps I guess?
    09-16-15 11:17 AM
    Jeez. Guess I'll be keeping a more careful eye on my Classic. Thanks for the heads up! Thankfully I don't talk as often while walking around the concrete jungle these days. And I find I don't drop my Q10 as often as I did my Torch, so that helps I guess?
    No problem.

Yeah, my goal is to not drop my Classic ever. Case or no case, it's best to not drop it. And to be honest, the good thing about dropping/damaging my first CLassic is that I am extra careful with my current one. I have an Otterbox Defender, but I love the feel of this phone naked, so I may decide at some point to just take the case off.
    09-16-15 11:41 AM
    Just an update. Bought and am using the Amzer Puddin Case and love it. Very tight fit, doesn't add much bulk at all, but provides decent protection and a lip so you can turn the phone over and not scratch the screen. Also have screen protectors on...
    09-16-15 02:23 PM
    No case. Naked.

Posted via Classic - 10.3.2.2639 
    09-16-15 03:45 PM
    I just ordered the black leather Tetded case without flip cover (for the Classic I prefer to have the front exposed). I want to be able to put it down either face-up or face-down without worrying about scratches. All it takes is a spec of sand and it's scratched. The lip around the case is really nice to have. Though the device feels nice naked.

Using an OEM softshell customized so that the logo has the shiny chrome-decals on it! It's the blue one but still looks pretty black unless you look close. I like the 'look' of it more than the feel.
    09-17-15 01:17 PM
    Here's what it looks like:
    Case or no case for the Classic?-img_20150916_181326.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Case or no case for the Classic?-img_20150916_181250.jpg  
    09-17-15 01:20 PM
    It's been 7 months of rugged use... no sign of wear and tear.

Used the BlackBerry official leather pouch for the first 5 months
    And the next one month, amzer pudding case. The amzer looked and felt good but it silently scratched the steel bezel of the phone as well as the volume rocker keys.

Since last month it's naked and haven't noticed any scratch yet.
    A special mention for the screen of classic. Wow! Never used a screen protector and still not a single scratch.

Btw I don't care cos passport SE is on its way!

 BlackBerry - Then, Now, Forever.
    09-18-15 04:24 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150916_181326.jpg 
Views:	1265 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	371829
    Have that one also very nice thou thought the back was very slippery to hold on to .
    09-18-15 06:00 AM
    I have the leather slip case for 'in jeans' days and the leather hipster for 'work pants' days.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 08:44 AM
    I have one of these:
    http://www.tetded.com/home/en/classi...-function.html

It does not add much bulk to the phone and the quality is excellent.
    09-19-15 03:04 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150916_181326.jpg 
Views:	1265 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	371829
    That is very nice! Where do you get the little BlackBerry logo glass/plastic bits? Do you just glue them on yourself?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 07:48 AM
    This is my entire BlackBerry collection both work and personal
    Attachment 348363

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 348364
    I spot a Priv.... LOL

J Be....Here But Gone...
    donemt likes this.
    10-11-15 07:25 AM
    No case for me. Just use the OEM sleeve if I think conditions are going to be rough.

I really think the phone naked is the best feeling phone out there.

Posted via my Classic
    10-11-15 11:09 AM
    I just got a new case and it made me love my Classic all over again. It completely changed how it fits in my hand.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    10-12-15 04:35 AM
89 1234