My Classic acted strange this weekend, think it was water connecting "P" and "Delete" button, wrote long strange words. Well that has passed, it's back to normal.

Except that when I connect it to BlackBerry Link via USB, I can't see the device on my PC and while the name of my PC is visible in File Manager, there's no files.

The cable works, tried 2, in the sense that it can charge the BB.

Any ideas? SW is updated, both on device and BB Link

Thanks
    05-22-17 10:34 AM
    My Classic acted strange this weekend, think it was water connecting "P" and "Delete" button, wrote long strange words. Well that has passed, it's back to normal.

Except that when I connect it to BlackBerry Link via USB, I can't see the device on my PC and while the name of my PC is visible in File Manager, there's no files.

The cable works, tried 2, in the sense that it can charge the BB.

Any ideas? SW is updated, both on device and BB Link

Thanks
    Have you rebooted both devices? You did mention WATER which is a dreaded word when it comes to cell phones. It might have cleared up in one respect but still causing problems elsewhere. Give it a thorough drying although continued use might have damaged it too much.

SD-card? Remove and see if you can see its contents in an adapter on pc.

Also, while you tried two cables, they could both be charging cables - although you mention you do see the device.

Good luck.
    05-22-17 10:55 AM
    Yes to reboot, no SD card. Both cables worked before...
    05-22-17 02:24 PM
    You could try connecting through Wi-Fi.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-17 02:29 PM
    Nothing worked. In the end I took another Classic in use, a new non scratched I had had as a spare. And with that one, everything works. So must be an internal fault in the old Classic
    05-24-17 09:42 AM
    Have you tried reconnecting through Wi-Fi ie. deleting it from your device and setting it up again. I've had this issue once when I was still using that. New setup always fixed it. Disclaimer: this was a few years ago when the features were still being actively developed. Everything is in maintenance mode now. But it should work.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 12:56 PM