I did a security wipe on my blackberry classic and now I can't log in to my newly created blacberry id. Everytime I try to log in I get a pop up saying "unable to connect to blackberry id server. Please try again(50501)"
    09-16-19 04:56 AM
    I did a security wipe on my blackberry classic and now I can't log in to my newly created blacberry id. Everytime I try to log in I get a pop up saying "unable to connect to blackberry id server. Please try again(50501)"
    There are ongoing issues with the BB10 BBID infrastructure. You may have to wait for a resolution.
    09-16-19 08:23 AM
    I just wiped a spare device and was able to sign in without issue.
    Maybe give it another go, make sure you have a good network connection.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-19 09:24 PM
    I just wiped a spare device and was able to sign in without issue.
    Maybe give it another go, make sure you have a good network connection.

Posted via CB10
    I tried on many different networks both wifi and cellular but nothing worked.
    09-16-19 09:40 PM
    ok so i just restarted the phone and now its telling me "sign in unsuccessful. the blacberry protect anti theft feature is on. please sign in with the blackberry id that was used to setup this device." i bought my bb from an online seller 3 years ago does this mean im supposed to ask the seller?
    09-16-19 10:29 PM
    ok so i just restarted the phone and now its telling me "sign in unsuccessful. the blacberry protect anti theft feature is on. please sign in with the blackberry id that was used to setup this device." i bought my bb from an online seller 3 years ago does this mean im supposed to ask the seller?
    That's a real possibility if you never put your own BBID on it.

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    OrlandoTruth likes this.
    09-17-19 03:00 AM
    That's a real possibility if you never put your own BBID on it.

but the thing is that i did use my bbid on it but then one day i had to delete that bbid which lead to my bb getting bricked which is why i had to do a security wipe. and im scared that its asking me for the bbid that already deleted.
    09-17-19 04:41 AM
    If you deleted your BBID that was on the phone then you have big problems.

Once its deleted you cannot set up a new one, even if the details are exactly the same it is effectively a different ID.

Some people on this forum have reported being able to circumvent the BlackBerry Protect and replace the ID but I haven't tried their methods and am a little sceptical.

You need to search BBID to find the posts, unless of course someone who has the information helps you out here.

Good luck.

09-17-19 07:11 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1100040

Take a look at this thread, it may help you out.

09-17-19 07:14 AM
    but the thing is that i did use my bbid on it but then one day i had to delete that bbid which lead to my bb getting bricked which is why i had to do a security wipe. and im scared that its asking me for the bbid that already deleted.
    Hey axmro,

Did you completely delete the Blackberry ID using Blackberry's website? What happens if you go to protect.blackberry.com and try to sign in with the e-mail address and password associated with your past BBID?
    09-17-19 09:25 PM
    Isn’t there some tool I read about somewhere on CB Forums that allows one to bypass and factory reset with a new BBID completely..

Edit

Chimera tool
    09-17-19 09:49 PM
    Isn’t there some tool I read about somewhere on CB Forums that allows one to bypass and factory reset with a new BBID completely..

Edit

Chimera tool
    Chimaera may be a possibility but it costs and we need more information about OP's specific circumstances first.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-19 10:12 PM
    Chimaera may be a possibility but it costs and we need more information about OP's specific circumstances first.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure you do, they deleted their BBID without taking it off the device first as I'm reading it.

09-18-19 03:10 AM
    problem solved! all i had to do to bypass blackberry protect was entering the wrong password and restarting the device.
    09-20-19 12:23 AM