Hello, I have a classic and I'm trying to install fbreader because the pre-installed adobe reader is bad.

Unfortunately I can't install the plugin to read pdf. It tell "can't install the app". I tried to download it directly here : https://fbreader.org/content/fbreader-pdf-plugin but it still don't work.

Anyone have an idea? Or a good alternative, i need a reader that allow to see all the page if i zoom, and if possible have an option to "search", and "go to page".
    Last edited by BckerryQ20; 04-14-21 at 10:40 AM.
    04-14-21 03:28 AM
    Hello, I have a q20 and I'm trying to install fbreader because the pre-installed adobe reader is bad.

Unfortunately I can't install the plugin to read pdf. It tell "can't install the app". I tried to download it directly here : https://fbreader.org/content/fbreader-pdf-plugin but it still don't work.

Anyone have an idea? Or a good alternative, i need a reader that allow to see all the page if i zoom, and if possible have an option to "search", and "go to page".
    First, there is no such thing as a Q20 - it's called a Classic.

Second, what you're trying to download is a FBReader plugin - not a standalone app.
    04-14-21 07:28 AM
    Second, what you're trying to download is a FBReader plugin - not a standalone app.
    I was able to install the app, but when I try to install the plugin it give me the error message.
    04-14-21 10:42 AM
    I was able to install the app, but when I try to install the plugin it give me the error message.
    No doubt.

Don't forget the Android Runtime on BB10 is a semi-compatible version of Android 4.3 from 8 years ago.
    04-14-21 01:19 PM
    No doubt.

Don't forget the Android Runtime on BB10 is a semi-compatible version of Android 4.3 from 8 years ago.
    Thanks for the answer. So it's just not possible ?
    04-15-21 02:54 AM
    Thanks for the answer. So it's just not possible ?
    It's not full Android and installing a plug-in to an existing app usually fails.

Might look into their premium solution?
    04-15-21 10:37 AM
    If it's an android plugin then this might help you
    Just Demcompile Apk and and add these lines under the activity tab of AndroidManifest.xml file

<activity android:name=".bblauncher">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
    </intent-filter>
    Then build the apk and install.
    I hope this will work.

Posted Via Blackberry Passport
    04-15-21 09:19 PM
    If it's an android plugin then this might help you
    Just Demcompile Apk and and add these lines under the activity tab of AndroidManifest.xml file

<activity android:name=".bblauncher">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
    </intent-filter>
    Then build the apk and install.
    I hope this will work.

Posted Via Blackberry Passport
    Here the android manifest I got

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?><manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:compileSdkVersion="28" android:compileSdkVersionCodename="9" android:installLocation="auto" package="org.geometerplus.fbreader.plugin.pdf" platformBuildVersionCode="28" platformBuildVersionName="9">
    <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.touchscreen" android:required="false"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_ST ORAGE"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="fbreader.permission.LIBRARY"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="fbreader.permission.CONFIG"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="fbreader.permission.SYNC"/>
    <application android:appComponentFactory="android.support.v4.ap p.CoreComponentFactory" android:icon="@drawable/fbreader_pdf" android:label="@string/app_name" android:largeHeap="true" android:name="org.geometerplus.fbreader.plugin.pdf .PDFApplication" android:resizeableActivity="true">
    <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation| screenSize" android:excludeFromRecents="true" android:label="@string/app_name" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:name="org.geometerplus.fbreader.plugin.pdf .FBReaderPDF" android:theme="@style/FBReaderMD.DrawerActivity">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.fbreader.action.plugin.VIEW_ V2_2"/>
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT"/>
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.fbreader.action.plugin.KILL_ V2_2"/>
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.SEARCH"/>
    </intent-filter>
    <meta-data android:name="android.app.searchable" android:resource="@xml/searchable"/>
    </activity>
    <service android:name="org.geometerplus.android.fbreader.fo rmatPlugin.PDFCoverService" androidrocess=":metainfo">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.fbreader.action.plugin.CONNE CT_COVER_SERVICE_V2_2"/>
    </intent-filter>
    </service>
    <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation| screenSize" android:excludeFromRecents="true" android:label="@string/app_name" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:name="org.fbreader.plugin.format.base.FBRe aderIncompatibleFree" android:theme="@style/FBReaderMD.Dialog">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.fbreader.action.plugin.VIEW"/>
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.fbreader.action.plugin.VIEW_ V2"/>
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.fbreader.action.plugin.VIEW_ V2_1"/>
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.fbreader.action.plugin.KILL"/>
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.fbreader.action.plugin.KILL_ V2"/>
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.fbreader.action.plugin.KILL_ V2_1"/>
    </intent-filter>
    </activity>
    <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation| screenSize" android:excludeFromRecents="true" android:label="@string/app_name" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:name="org.fbreader.plugin.format.base.FBRe aderIncompatiblePremium" androidrocess="remium" android:theme="@style/FBReaderMD.Dialog">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.fbreader.action.plugin.VIEW"/>
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.fbreader.action.plugin.VIEW_V2"/>
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.fbreader.action.plugin.VIEW_V2_1 "/>
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.fbreader.action.plugin.KILL"/>
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.fbreader.action.plugin.KILL_V2"/>
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.fbreader.action.plugin.KILL_V2_1 "/>
    </intent-filter>
    </activity>
    <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation| screenSize" android:name="com.paragon.dictionary.fbreader.Open DictionaryActivity" android:theme="@style/FBReader.Transparent"/>
    <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation| screenSize" android:exported="false" android:label="FBReader crash" android:name="org.geometerplus.zlibrary.ui.android .error.BugReportActivity" androidrocess=":crash" android:theme="@style/FBReaderMD.Activity"/>
    <activity android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation| screenSize" android:exported="false" android:name="org.geometerplus.android.fbreader.di ct.DictionaryNotInstalledActivity" android:theme="@style/FBReaderMD.Dialog"/>
    <provider android:authorities="org.geometerplus.fbreader.plu gin.pdf.files" android:exported="false" android:grantUriPermissions="true" android:name="android.support.v4.content.FileProvi der">
    <meta-data android:name="android.support.FILE_PROVIDER_PATHS" android:resource="@xml/filepaths"/>
    </provider>
    </application>
    </manifest>
    I don't understand, where I have to paste those lines ?
    04-16-21 08:43 AM
    @BckerryQ20, @Dunt Dunt Dunt, @conite,
    It is possible, but you cannot do it on your own without knowledge.
    Write if an all-in-one version is required (or Pro or Premium), besides pdf, other plugins exist - in order not to tackle the assembly twice.
    @lucifer_morninstar,
    This method will not work properly.
    I understand that you have disassembled my plugins for Total Commander and identified the patterns. But in this case, this will lead to a cyclic opening of the plug-in and the impossibility of further operation of the application. Think or at least check before advising, otherwise the user may have trouble disabling the app after your advice.
    04-16-21 08:46 AM
    @BckerryQ20, @Dunt Dunt Dunt, @conite,
    It is possible, but you cannot do it on your own without knowledge.
    Write if an all-in-one version is required (or Pro or Premium), besides pdf, other plugins exist - in order not to tackle the assembly twice.
    @lucifer_morninstar,
    This method will not work properly.
    I understand that you have disassembled my plugins for Total Commander and identified the patterns. But in this case, this will lead to a cyclic opening of the plug-in and the impossibility of further operation of the application. Think or at least check before advising, otherwise the user may have trouble disabling the app after your advice.
    I only need the pdf plugin.
    04-16-21 02:12 PM
    04-22-21 09:34 AM
    It worked. Thank you very much.
    04-23-21 11:31 AM