I have Classic on Verizon running 10.3.2.556. Recently, not sure how long -- maybe as much as a month now, my device stopped being able to send and receive MMS messages. It started with not being able to send to my wife's iPhone on Cricket, but now I cannot even send to other Verizon users. SMS goes through fine, but group chats and picture messages do not. I haven't had time to go to the Verizon store, but I thought someone here might have a clue what the problem might be. All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
    Ted
    12-26-15 09:10 AM
    As usual with any problem, try doing a hard reset first. Sometimes, if you're lucky, that will be all you have to do to resolve most of your technical issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 09:32 AM
    As usual with any problem, try doing a hard reset first. Sometimes, if you're lucky, that will be all you have to do to resolve most of your technical issues.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I forgot to mention I have tried the hard reset. The error I get is invalid destination address.

Thanks
    12-26-15 10:02 AM
    Call your carrier.
    12-26-15 02:41 PM
    Call your carrier.
    I stopped by Verizon today, and after almost an hour and 4 people looking at my problem, no luck. I was told to come back tomorrow when their Blackberry "expert" would be in. I was hoping the folks here would have seen this before an might offer a solution that doesn't require Verizon, if it isn't a droid, we don't what it is, "experts."
    12-29-15 04:22 PM
    Go to the Hub-click settings-text messages-scroll to the bottom and click advanced -scroll to the bottom and click reset APN settings- restart the phone.

Hopefully, this procedure will solve your issue. If not, find out what Verizon's APN settings are and enter them manually at the same location. You could probably just chat online with a Verizon rep to get the information you need without making the trip to a store location.

Good luck!

DigitalCreation
    12-29-15 04:35 PM
    Go to Hub-click settings-Text messages- scroll to bottom and click Advanced- scroll down to bottom and click reset APN settings-restart phone.

Hopefully, this procedure will solve your issue. If not, you could chat online with Verizon and get the carrier APN settings and enter them manually at the same location and avoid going to the store altogether.

Good luck!
    12-29-15 04:41 PM
    Did they change out your SIM card. Had issue on Verizon, and it came down to the SIM card not being set up right for my Classic. Wish I had started with the SIM first prior to wiping the phone twice and spending a few hours in forums.
    12-29-15 04:47 PM
    Sorry for the double post. First one had an 'error' message and I was unsure if it went through.
    12-29-15 04:54 PM
    Thanks, but reseting the APN settings does nothing. Also, I cannot change the existing settings. When I click save, it does not actually save the settings to what they should be. Also the URL field is missing. We tried this at the store. The prescribed changes could never be saved.
    12-29-15 06:01 PM
    No, I have the same SIM card I have had for months. Only recently has MMS become an issue.
    12-29-15 06:01 PM
    Do your settings look similar to these? I also have a Classic on Verizon and my MMS send/receive just fine.

Cannot send/receive MMS-pic-1.jpg
    Cannot send/receive MMS-pic-2.jpg

DigitalCreation
    12-29-15 06:20 PM
    Do your settings look similar to these? I also have a Classic on Verizon and my MMS send/receive just fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic 1.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	386013
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic 2.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	386014

DigitalCreation
    Yep. Identical.
    12-29-15 07:19 PM
    After a long time with the "expert" they could find no reason to explain the behavior of my phone. They suggested I do a full wipe, so I did that when I got back home. Needless to say, that did not fix my problem, and I have spent the past few hours trying to get everything working the way it was before. When I go back to work on Monday, I am going to have to explain to my boss that I can no longer receive the group texts he sends to us and why, at which point he will tell me I have to switch to something that works reliably. Perhaps I will win that Priv from Crackberry.com! In the mean time, if someone has some other idea what to try, please feel free to share any ideas you can think of.

Thanks,
    Ted
    12-30-15 09:44 PM
    Reason I suggested you CALL your carrier is because they can actually check the status of your phone on their network and -- hopefully -- take remedial action. (Yes, store should be able to, but...) Every time I have had an issue like this the carrier (over the phone) has sorted. But, then I'm on T-mo. Also... did the in-store "expert" even suggest trying a different SIM? Had that problem once too.
    01-02-16 10:44 AM
    Reason I suggested you CALL your carrier is because they can actually check the status of your phone on their network and -- hopefully -- take remedial action. (Yes, store should be able to, but...) Every time I have had an issue like this the carrier (over the phone) has sorted. But, then I'm on T-mo. Also... did the in-store "expert" even suggest trying a different SIM? Had that problem once too.
    Yeah, I did call, and they said they could not find anything on my account to explain the behavior, and they couldn't change anything anyway as I am on a "national" account. The "expert" at the store called for me as well. He said I had the correct SIM card. Not sure if he tried a different one, but he did disappear in the back for quite a while. Based on the feedback I got from all parties as well as people who have had similar problems on Android and iPhone handsets on the Verizon forums, it is something to do with my account. Given my account type, I guess I have to wait until someone from work with full account access can take a look on Monday. I have already requested this help. Thanks for your feedback.
    01-02-16 12:21 PM
    Once VZW "refreshed" my account, MMS now works.
    01-04-16 05:09 PM
    Once VZW "refreshed" my account, MMS now works.
    Well, mostly works. I can receive MMS from all networks, but I cannot send to AT&T users. I can send to users on the other 3 big providers. I think the problem is at AT&T though, so I am not sure what to do about that.
    01-05-16 11:00 AM