Hello,

I have a Blackberry Classic given to me by work. It's quite locked down.
    I naively moved some photos via USB to my computer and they were unreadable. I figured out that this was because the media card is encrypted.
    I moved the photos back to the device and now they're unreadable on the device as well. Whether they're on the media card or directly on the device, I can't read them now. I don't have a way to turn off encryption. Some photos I hadn't touched are still fine and I just emailed them to myself.
    I tried Blackberry Link, that won't work as the functionality is disabled by my admin.

Any way to recover the encrypted photos?

Thanks.
    12-18-17 04:49 AM
    No way to recover double encrypted files.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-17 07:12 AM
    No way to recover double encrypted files.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your reply. So when I moved the files back, it essentially re-encrypted the already encrypted files? There's no tool or app I can use to de-encrypt them?
    12-19-17 07:16 AM
    Thanks for your reply. So when I moved the files back, it essentially re-encrypted the already encrypted files? There's no tool or app I can use to de-encrypt them?
    No. That's how the encryption works.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-17 07:31 AM
    An advice free of charge: NEVER use Move action, Copy only. And when you done and checked everything - then Delete originals.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-17 10:27 AM
    An advicce free of charge: NEVER use Move action, Copy only. And when you done and checked everything - then Delete originals.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, thanks I did move because then I didn't want to do a reconciliation afterwards to determine which files had copied over successfully and which hadn't. It never occurred to me it would copy over encrypted files.
    12-19-17 10:32 AM