12-02-15 12:49 AM
30 12
tools
    That was my feeling too. Given the same internals, and the smaller size of the Q10 (which I see as an asset), I didn't see the point of making the change.
    I've been using the Classic in tandem with my Q10 for about a week.
    T-Mobile gives you 30 days to return a phone and I'm giving it a shot.
    I stayed with OS10.2.1 on my Q10 and upgraded the Classic to 10.3.2.
    Yes, after using the Classic for a while, the Q10 does feel like a toy compared to the weight and size of the Classic, because it is slightly smaller and certainly a lot lighter.
    But that's where it ends.
    When I jump back on the Q10 and start using it, I don't see a difference in productivity.
    But once again, I am very conscious of how small that phone really is.
    The Q10 is just as good as a phone and the screen isn't that much smaller.
    And perhaps because I'm used to it, I type faster on the Q10. Which means it's slightly smaller pkb isn't an issue for me. I like the keyboard on the Q10.
    I know this is being nit picky but it's the 10.3.2 GUI on the Classic that's bothering me.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 05:44 PM
    I've been using the Classic in tandem with my Q10 for about a week.
    T-Mobile gives you 30 days to return a phone and I'm giving it a shot.
    I stayed with OS10.2.1 on my Q10 and upgraded the Classic to 10.3.2.
    Yes, after using the Classic for a while, the Q10 does feel like a toy compared to the weight and size of the Classic, because it is slightly smaller and certainly a lot lighter.
    But that's where it ends.
    When I jump back on the Q10 and start using it, I don't see a difference in productivity.
    But once again, I am very conscious of how small that phone really is.
    The Q10 is just as good as a phone and the screen isn't that much smaller.
    And perhaps because I'm used to it, I type faster on the Q10. Which means it's slightly smaller pkb isn't an issue for me. I like the keyboard on the Q10.
    I know this is being nit picky but it's the 10.3.2 GUI on the Classic that's bothering me.

Posted via CB10
    You're not making full use of the toolbelt if you don't notice a decrease in productivity with the Q10. When I use the Q10 now it feels so annoying all of the back and forth I have to do with my thumb between the screen and the keyboard. Way too much wasted movement compared to the Classic.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-30-15 10:04 AM
    All ones personal opinion, but the contour (smiley face) layout of the 99xx series keyboard was, IMHO, far easier, and comfortable, to type on.
    That's understandable. However; the Classic is bigger, therefore, I prefer it over the 9900 Series and the Q10. It's just my personal preference.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    12-02-15 12:44 AM
    You might think that now, but after using the Classic for several months, when I pick up my Q10 it looks and feels like a toy to me, haha.

Yeah, the Q10 has been a joke to me ever since. I'd still use it if I had to though.

12-02-15 12:46 AM
    You're not making full use of the toolbelt if you don't notice a decrease in productivity with the Q10. When I use the Q10 now it feels so annoying all of the back and forth I have to do with my thumb between the screen and the keyboard. Way too much wasted movement compared to the Classic.

It's all about personal preference, of course, but I feel like people find small things wrong with the Classic and make a big deal out of them. You're right about the annoying back and forth swiping in an out of applications. If you're used to using the Q10, of course you'd be more comfortable typing on it, but the Classic keyboard is an obvious upgrade once you get used to it.

12-02-15 12:49 AM
30 12