Has any Classic owners here found it difficult to go back to their Q10 keyboard after using the Classic?

I find it almost impossible to enjoy using the Q10 anymore, other than its size, because the keyboard is just so, I guess weak, compared to the Classic.

It's the tactile feedback - the Classic and Passport have a nicer firmer press? The Q5 still feels quite good. The Q10? Not so much!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 08:14 AM
    I believe that. I've replaced my Q10 keyboard, and the original one was horrible compared to the replacement. The original was soft and mushy and the replacement is very clicky and has a nice action. I think there must have been more than one supplier.
    11-18-15 08:35 AM
    Me too. I have the Q10 that I use in the kitchen as a timer. I always fumble with it, have to remind myself that I can't just easily press the call end button to minimize an app that I have to do the whole swipe up thing. I love the swipe up gesture for peeking, but to exit an app, I much prefer just pressing the call end button... I don't make calls with the Q10 or anything else though, but I do have an Android phone I use for Uber and it's a pain to use without the buttons too...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-18-15 08:55 AM
    I don't find the keyboards to be much of different other than the size. I do, however, like my Classic way more than my Q10 because it's bigger. I was perfectly fine with my Q10 and didn't want to switch to the Classic because I thought the size of the Classic was much to large for everyday use. Well, now I'm here.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    whattiger likes this.
    11-18-15 09:40 AM
    Had a Q10 and couldn't live with that keyboard for too long. Absolutely love my Classic (best PKB Blackberry has ever made) and couldn't imagine ever going back to a Q10 after the brilliant Classic!
    11-18-15 10:39 PM
    The Q10 is the least liked BB10 phone in our home. We have the Z10 and Classic too. The Q10 's screen is dim, the phone is very light and the keyboard feels Curve like to me.

I brought the Q10 to work, along with the BlackBerry bluetooth speaker. We use it to stream music via WiFi. Works great because the battery lasts for a long time.

Posted via Classic
    11-19-15 07:15 AM
    The Q10 is the least liked BB10 phone in our home. We have the Z10 and Classic too. The Q10 's screen is dim, the phone is very light and the keyboard feels Curve like to me.

I brought the Q10 to work, along with the BlackBerry bluetooth speaker. We use it to stream music via WiFi. Works great because the battery lasts for a long time.

Posted via Classic
    It's funny how we both use our Q10 for things other than as a phone. I use mine as a kitchen timer...

11-19-15 07:23 AM
    The size of the classic for me makes typing easier than the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 11:59 AM
    Love everything about the classic, just wish it was the same size as the Q10

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 12:14 PM
    I just bought a Classic.
    I must be the only one here who finds the Q10 better as a phone.
    My Q10 keyboard works and feels great.
    The Q10 is lighter and I don't need two hands to use it.
    What I like about the Classic is the tool belt and the track pad for editing.
    Although I was hoping for the same capabilities with the Menu option as I have on my 9900, but that's a software issue.
    I would have to agree that the keyboard feels a little more solid and professional on the Classic.
    Otherwise it's too awkward for me and heavy.
    Perhaps it's because I've been using the Q10 for two years now and I'm used to it.
    I'm going give it another day or two. Otherwise I'm going to return the Classic and try the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 02:43 PM
    I just bought a Classic.
    I must be the only one here who finds the Q10 better as a phone.
    My Q10 keyboard works and feels great.
    The Q10 is lighter and I don't need two hands to hold it.
    What I like about the Classic is the tool belt and the track pad for editing.
    Although I was hoping for the same capabilities with the Menu option as I have on my 9900, but that's a software issue.
    I would have to agree that the keyboard feels a little more solid and professional on the Classic.
    Otherwise it's too awkward for me and heavy.
    Perhaps it's because I've been using the Q10 for two years now and I'm used to it.
    I'm going give it another day or two return the Classic and try the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    You need two hands to hold a Classic? O.o

11-19-15 02:47 PM
    It's funny how we both use our Q10 for things other than as a phone. I use mine as a kitchen timer...

Repurposing, lol

Posted via Classic
    11-19-15 08:41 PM
    I am a heavy Q10 user and looking to eventually adopt a Classic. I'll be excited to see how it goes

 Pin: 2BD2A1FD| ‎  вιaсĸвεггч� Q❿/Z❿
    11-19-15 08:55 PM
    I am getting used to the phone and I'm enjoying the larger and brighter screen and the bigger keyboard.
    The only issue is OS related contained to the Classic : the limited capabilities of the tool belt compared to my Bold 9900
    All other problems are global with all OS10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 09:28 PM
    I have had the Classic since May and was in the BlackBerry store in the Dubai Mall in September, which was the first time I'd held a Q10 since selling mine when the Passport came out in September 2014. I couldn't believe how tiny it felt. It felt like a child's pretend phone, you know those little plastic ones? Not in terms of quality, because it's obviously a nice phone and I had one in black and one in white. I meant in terms of how tiny it felt, and how cramped the keyboard felt. While I do love the Passport's keyboard, both the original which I had and the Silver Edition which I have now, the Classic's is by far the best traditional BlackBerry keyboard... and even though the Silver Edition Passport has better specs and is newer, the Classic kind of has my heart because it reminds me of all the past BlackBerrys I've had and loved.
    11-21-15 11:08 PM
    I guess I don't really recall what the toolbelt did differently on the Bold.

11-22-15 05:32 PM
    My Q10 has been drawer sitting since I bought the Classic when it first came out and I honestly don't see it moving from that drawer unless I sell it because I will never use it again.
    11-22-15 06:13 PM
    Had a Q10 and couldn't live with that keyboard for too long. Absolutely love my Classic (best PKB Blackberry has ever made) and couldn't imagine ever going back to a Q10 after the brilliant Classic!
    While I agree with you that the Classic keyboard is better than the Q10 keyboard, IMHO, the best PKB that BlackBerry has ever made is still the one on the 99XX series. Awesome contour and amazingly easy to type on!
    andy957 likes this.
    11-22-15 06:27 PM
    While I agree with you that the Classic keyboard is better than the Q10 keyboard, IMHO, the best PKB that BlackBerry has ever made is still the one on the 99XX series. Awesome contour and amazingly easy to type on!
    I agreed with this until the Classic came out.

11-22-15 11:38 PM
    I guess I don't really recall what the toolbelt did differently on the Bold.

I had two Bolds and now the Classic. I honestly think it's a matter of perception. The toolbelt did pretty much the same thing on both, but there are more uses for the touchscreen with BB10 so it just seems like there is less functionality with the toolbelt. Even though some of the things can also be done with the touchscreen, I still prefer to use the toolbelt when I can.

11-23-15 10:59 AM
    I had two Bolds and now the Classic. I honestly think it's a matter of perception. The toolbelt did pretty much the same thing on both, but there are more uses for the touchscreen with BB10 so it just seems like there is less functionality with the toolbelt. Even though some of the things can also be done with the touchscreen, I still prefer to use the toolbelt when I can.

I use my toolbelt for pretty much everything I can. That's the only reason I don't plan on getting the Priv.

11-24-15 01:43 AM
    I agreed with this until the Classic came out.

All ones personal opinion, but the contour (smiley face) layout of the 99xx series keyboard was, IMHO, far easier, and comfortable, to type on.
    11-27-15 05:04 PM
    I believe that. I've replaced my Q10 keyboard, and the original one was horrible compared to the replacement. The original was soft and mushy and the replacement is very clicky and has a nice action. I think there must have been more than one supplier.
    Might be because I have the white Q10, but my keyboard is nice and 'clicky'. And joy to use (or maybe I'm just so used to it).

I played with a Classic at the carrier store and just couldn't pull the trigger. Not enough of an upgrade in my opinion and for my taste.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    11-27-15 05:16 PM
    I played with a Classic at the carrier store and just couldn't pull the trigger. Not enough of an upgrade in my opinion and for my taste.
    That was my feeling too. Given the same internals, and the smaller size of the Q10 (which I see as an asset), I didn't see the point of making the change.
    11-27-15 08:50 PM
    That was my feeling too. Given the same internals, and the smaller size of the Q10 (which I see as an asset), I didn't see the point of making the change.
    You might think that now, but after using the Classic for several months, when I pick up my Q10 it looks and feels like a toy to me, haha.

11-27-15 08:58 PM
30 12