03-23-15 07:36 PM
65 123
tools
    Avoid shop blackberry at all costs
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-31-14 02:41 PM
    Wonder if you had showed the receipt to Fedex, they might have cancelled the fees at the counter. Probably far easier for them to get a refund than you.

UPS used to be a pain, brokerage charges larger than the original cost, but sometimes you could just refuse to pay and the driver would cancel it. I recently ordered two ventilation fans from Amazon, taxes, duty brokerage and shipping all calculated ahead of time, very easy.
    12-31-14 02:44 PM
    what this thing still on the go...time to close it
    12-31-14 02:52 PM
    are you sure you didn't pay taxes and then a "brokerage fee" through FexEx? They are dirty with brokerage.
    12-31-14 05:33 PM
    I remember when when slagman was all protesting about not ordering from ShopBB. I said that he doesn't know what he's talking about. Everything went fine with my first order.

When I went to pre-order the Classic though? That's when the foolery began! Dealing with the people at Digital River would basically run ShopBB.com was the absolute worst experience from a consumer experience I've ever had and to make matters worse, they effed up in the end. And as someone who works with customer experience, it's even more shocking. Not attempting to buy anything from ShopBB until 2016... maybe.

BlackBerry needs a new distributor.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-31-14 09:37 PM
    Simple fix.

At door.

Say.

Take it back.

Call them and cancel order and get refund.
    Cracklen likes this.
    12-31-14 11:03 PM
    For some reason mine was shipped from the US even though it was ordered from the Canadian site.

Posted via CB10
    All shipments are from the US no matter whether you ordered from the Canadian or US site, both my Z30 and Passport came from the US and weren't subject to any additional charges. But electronics are not due additional duty and if you paid HST upfront then you can claim it back. This has nothing to do with BlackBerry or even Digital River, but rather the shipper who assesses and is responsible for collecting extraneous taxes and duties.
    01-01-15 11:40 AM
    For those who don't want to deal with ShopBB, Amazon.CA also has it, but there's a wait time of 1-4 weeks they say.

http://www.amazon.ca/BlackBerry-Clas...droidcent08-20

Cheaper because they don't charge for shipping. And knowing Amazon you get a WAY better return policy.

They also have the Passport for slightly cheaper than Shop BB Canada:

http://www.amazon.ca/BlackBerry-Pass...droidcent08-20
    Cracklen likes this.
    01-06-15 01:26 PM
    I ordered the classic on the CANADIAN shop BlackBerry site (was charged HST) and when I went to pick it up I was charged HST and other customs duty.

This is the last straw for me with BlackBerry. I know BlackBerry doesn't run that site but they pick their vendors and I've heard similar bad stories when ordering from that site. Shame on BlackBerry for letting it continue.

Posted via CB10
    You should look into it with customs as I have ordered two BlackBerry phones from Shop Blackberry - other than paying HST there wasn't any other charges.

Either the customs official made a mistake or there might have been some documentation missing from the shipment that customs needed.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 06:50 PM
    So its save to say i can order a Passport and won't Have pay duties right?
    03-23-15 04:49 PM
    you will very likely receive a bill from DHL or UPS whoever it was that shipped it for you to pay the customs and duty charges within a month or 2 of receiving your item
    03-23-15 06:35 PM
    Maybe, instead of posting some negative story about your experience with shop BlackBerry, try contacting the place you ordered your device from and explain the problem to the people who caused it. Digital River is the vendor, why would making this thread be the avenue you take? Like, seriously, grow up and deal with your friggin' problems like an adult instead of whining for attention like this in the forum. Why is it that as soon as somebody has a little issue with BlackBerry, they come here and b!tch? How come if I have a problem with a company or a product, I do not go to some 'slightly related forum' and post a BS thread about it. Who here is going to resolve this for you? Nobody. So stop, take a breather, and deal with the issue by following the right channels.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 07:06 PM
    "....I was charged HST and other customs duty. ..."

If ya knew (or felt) it was wrong, decline !!

Learned long ago thru hobby-related purchases from outside Canada not to deal with companies insisting on using anything other than postal service, unless provided with a itemized list of charges (for potential order) !

ie bought a set of rims from a reputable u.s. based vendor i was told entire charge, worked out right and courier just delivered (thank goodness knew when shpg so was home) with no additional brokerage fees imposed by their Cdn outlet !
    03-23-15 07:24 PM
    Ordered my Classic last week on Tuesday and it came Thursday, no duty fee

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 07:33 PM
    I've ordered all my BB10 phones from Shop Blackberry Canada. Z10, Z30, Q10, Classic, and Passport. Accessories too.

No import and duty charges.
    03-23-15 07:36 PM
65 123