I can definitely see myself using my Classic over the next few years. Nearing the end of year one, I still don't know all it can do, so it'll probably take a couple more years for me to figure it all out. Sometimes it seems like too much phone for me, but, from Curve to Bold to Classic over the years, I'm Blackberry by choice!
    J_Apryono likes this.
    03-28-16 02:57 PM
    I just bought a new one! I'm hoping I can get a few great years out of this phone. It's definitely one of the best I've used.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 03:34 PM
    I see Blackberry coming out with a Android classic very soon. The classic style device has always been blackberrys best selling device. I would probably prefer an android classic over the one I have now since it will be faster and have better apps.

Posted via CB10
    I can't see Blackberry coming out with any new devices anytime soon, considering they showed nothing at the recent Mobile World Congress... (whereas two years ago they showed the Priv)

Follow me on Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM @ 2C1C340C / Proudly Posted via My PERFECT Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    03-28-16 05:50 PM
    I can't see Blackberry coming out with any new devices anytime soon, considering they showed nothing at the recent Mobile World Congress... (whereas two years ago they showed the Priv)

Follow me on Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM @ 2C1C340C / Proudly Posted via My PERFECT Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    I think they are waiting for the sales to increase and get feedback from users. I would trade my priv for a Android classic I like the size of the classic and form factor screen real estate is not a big factor to me.
    03-28-16 05:53 PM
    I think they are waiting for the sales to increase and get feedback from users. I would trade my priv for a Android classic I like the size of the classic and form factor screen real estate is not a big factor to me.
    Android Classic.... with nice specs. Would not day no ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 01:12 PM
    No. Had it for a week and got rid of it.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 01:13 PM
    Yeah totally. Usually by now I would be looking into other phones and thinking about switching. However this phone is probably as close to perfection as I have seen in a long time. I played around with my SOs PRIV and I thought "meh". Although I will say I really like the passport as well but the classic is a much better form factor. I am probably a special case in the sense that I think BB10 is where it's at and I just don't want to deal with android anymore.

BlackBerry puts a lot of thought into their devices and they are built to last. If the don't put out anymore BB10 devices I can see me sticking with this a long time. Maybe buy another new one as a backup in case this one dies.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Classic
    03-30-16 05:05 AM
    As long as BB keeps the OS (and its Android runtime) up to date, then it's a yes for me.
    03-30-16 08:04 AM
    Battery is my concern as well. Luckily Classic's are coming down in price. I have been waiting for the bronze but like my cobalt blue.

Comparing to the 9900, I find the Bold's keyboard characters, both numbers and letters easier to read, on the classic, the font is too thin and shared keys the numbers are too small. The Bold's tool belt menu key has instant functions, while the Classic's is more like a task bar.

But overall I am pleased with my Classic. Bought a PP SE when I read it had the Classic's keypress feel.

Blackberry do need to offer a Q10 swappable battery version though. Then it will be 99(00) % perfect

Posted via CB10
    J_Apryono likes this.
    03-30-16 04:54 PM
    There are people that don't care about the "bells and whistles" of newer and newer phones, and that just want a phone that does the basics. Such people may be seeking out phones like old flip phones, also known as "dumbphones". To some extent, I feel like the Classic is one of those kinds of devices too, that has very good utility but is less likely to encourage its user to waste time on apps and what not. For this reason, the Classic appeals to me quite a bit, knowing that in today's modern world, here is a phone that is truly meant to be a communications powerhouse, and that's that.
    03-31-16 07:49 AM
    Just got a preloved blue classic. Coming from a PPSE, took some getting used to. Namely the smaller keyboard and the lack of swipe up to select word functionality. Also seems to have a slight lag compared to the blazing fast PPSE. Advantages are the small size and ergonomic handling with one hand

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 11:05 PM
    Just got a preloved blue classic. Coming from a PPSE, took some getting used to. Namely the smaller keyboard and the lack of swipe up to select word functionality. Also seems to have a slight lag compared to the blazing fast PPSE. Advantages are the small size and ergonomic handling with one hand

Posted via CB10
    Curious: so what were the reasons for you to give up a device as good as the Passport SE for something like the Classic?
    03-31-16 11:39 PM
    Maybe use it for this year and change to a newer model if BlackBerry still makes hardware in android. Or i'll have to move to android phone or iphone. Love the design but but essential apps dont work, playstore keep stopping for no reason whatsoever, so I have no choice. Will keep it for a second phone maybe

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ginakim; 04-01-16 at 04:20 AM.
    04-01-16 12:46 AM
    Curious: so what were the reasons for you to give up a device as good as the Passport SE for something like the Classic?
    "Advantages are the small size and ergonomic handling with one hand "

Just a guess. ;-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-01-16 08:06 AM
    yes. this is a great business phone
    04-01-16 08:50 AM
    IMO when blackberry releases the next android look alike classic device it is game over for the classic, by then they would have figured out the hub and all the good features from bb10. Blackberry is great improving os's.
    04-01-16 08:55 AM
    IMO when blackberry releases the next android look alike classic device it is game over for the classic, by then they would have figured out the hub and all the good features from bb10. Blackberry is great improving os's.
    Other than Android's built-in back-door access for the NSA, I wouldn't mind that as long as the good things from BB10 are brought over. But I guess we'll see if that happens...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-01-16 09:12 AM
    If the classic runs fine when I will continue to use it. I like the design, keyboard and size of the phone. The new phones, including priv, are just too big for me. I don't game or watch youtube frequently so screen size doesn't really matter. I mainly use my phone as a communication device. Ok... I use it as a music player as well

It would be great if BlackBerry release an android classic phone in the event that BlackBerry 10 gets terminated.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 11:23 AM
68 123