...if people are still using Bold 9900s after all those years (believe me, I still see a lot of them in London!) don't see any reason why I can't use my Classic into 2017 and beyond - keyboard/hub/browser are perfect - the only long-term issue I have is the Whatsapp integration, which an Android side-load should help avoid!

Thoughts?

Follow me on Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM @ 2C1C340C / Proudly Posted via My PERFECT Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    bigjman likes this.
    03-09-16 01:40 AM
    Well, there is no reason why u should not use the Classic, but in the future, I see my classic(primary phone) as a second phone,becuase all the apps and stuff for android and ios, make me really want another phone, being this android or ios.

Posted via CB10
    stormgustwz and RealRichLRead like this.
    03-09-16 01:52 AM
    of course I'm going to use my Classic over the next few years, as long as the battery is working, after that time I'm going to use my 2nd spare Classic, next to the Passport...
    Unless a Classic-2 is released in 2017, but until then definitely using the Classic nothing else is coming closer to a perfect device.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    03-09-16 02:22 AM
    ...if people are still using Bold 9900s after all those years (believe me, I still see a lot of them in London!) don't see any reason why I can't use my Classic into 2017 and beyond - keyboard/hub/browser are perfect - the only long-term issue I have is the Whatsapp integration, which an Android side-load should help avoid!

Thoughts?

Follow me on Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM @ 2C1C340C / Proudly Posted via My PERFECT Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    03-09-16 05:39 AM
    I've enjoyed my Classic for over a year. As of yesterday, I started setting up my new PRIV.

I do believe that you should br able to get another year out of your Classic. I'll be using mine as a back up.

My key issues were BlackBerry's move to Android, the wait for non-Blackberry apps to open, and those that wouldn't work on BB10 at all.

I wish u all the best with your Classic.
    RealRichLRead likes this.
    03-09-16 05:54 AM
    The Classic handles all I need, business communications and productivity, but most of all security. Not a gamer or an app junkie... get business done, enjoy Life :-)

Posted via CB10
    quorky, the1 and RealRichLRead like this.
    03-09-16 06:23 AM
    Will keep using it for the foreseeable future it's the best phone ever! The only chance I might stop using it if whatsapp didn't work anymore.

Classic is my personal phone and the iphone 6s is work issued.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 09:35 AM
    If BlackBerry work out an arrangement with Whatsapp so it still works... for sure!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 11:46 AM
    I will continue to use the Classic until I physically am unable to, as in the phone falls apart and there's no way I can get another one cheap. I have plenty of experience using all-touch phones running Android or iOS, and hate it... So I'll hang on as long as I can. Hopefully by then consumers will finally wake up and realize that they are feeding a duopoly and that it's hurting innovation, or they'll realize they all look exactly the same with the same exact phones with different names and that there would be a market for something actually different then...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-09-16 11:57 AM
    Can you see yourself using the Classic over the next few years?
    Yes.

Until something better comes out, i'll stick with the best!
    The next phone I get will have proper 4 row physical keyboard, and a trackpad(or equivalent).

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-09-16 02:25 PM
    One of the great motivations to change our device is simply because it get older and we want a brand new invention with more innovations. Lately i�ve been very disappointed with the new releases from the other OSs : its always the same design ! a big square with many icons and just more power . So in my oppinion Classic is still a novelty, its a real powerful machine to insert and restore data with its surpassing keyboard . Im not minded to change it until nothing better appears.
    03-09-16 03:05 PM
    I'll use my Classic for a while, and just ordered the pretty blue one yesterday.

One good thing about BlackBerry 10 is that it probably won't be adding any new major features that the Classic can't handle. It's not like iOS 9 that is able to be downloaded on older iOS devices, but then slows the device down.

I look at how my Z30, a phone launched in 2013 runs the latest version of BlackBerry 10 here in 2016, and I think the Classic will be just as good at running BlackBerry 10 into the future, especially because I don't bog it down by downloading a bunch of Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    acovey, bigjman and joseanmx like this.
    03-09-16 05:00 PM
    I'll use my Classic for a while, and just ordered the pretty blue one yesterday.

One good thing about BlackBerry 10 is that it probably won't be adding any new major features that the Classic can't handle. It's not like iOS 9 that is able to be downloaded on older iOS devices, but then slows the device down.

I look at how my Z30, a phone launched in 2013 runs the latest version of BlackBerry 10 here in 2016, and I think the Classic will be just as good at running BlackBerry 10 into the future, especially because I don't bog it down by downloading a bunch of Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree with this - in one way I feel like the BB10 in it's current form is perfect and fear that any updates etc would slow the phone down - one of my friends who has iPhone4 was reluctantly forced to switch devices due to latest iOS upgrade, whereas I feel I can use my Classic forever!

03-10-16 01:43 AM
    Yes, definitely. It might be my fav BlackBerry ever.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 01:27 PM
    Well, there is no reason why u should not use the Classic, but in the future, I see my classic(primary phone) as a second phone,becuase all the apps and stuff for android and ios, make me really want another phone, being this android or ios.

Posted via CB10
    agreed with this, lookin' for ios next year since WhatsApp also not continuing supported OS 10
    03-10-16 10:47 PM
    I have on as a backup for my Passport SE. I find myself picking it up every now and then, so maybe I'll just use it for a week, see if I like it.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 01:29 AM
    I have on as a backup for my Passport SE. I find myself picking it up every now and then, so maybe I'll just use it for a week, see if I like it.

Posted via CB10
    You bought it but didn't really use it?

I have the SE too and am still torn as to which is my favorite phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 01:53 AM
    I am going to use the classic for at least the next 4 years. I can't see myself getting another phone.

Posted via CB10
    Josh Hill7 likes this.
    03-11-16 01:57 AM
    Sure. Hopefully they will release an android version of Classic with topnotch hardware, then I would be interested

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 03:08 AM
    Yes! Totally!! I used iPhone 5s - Q10 - Passport black - Priv and now I'm using my Classic black
    I think Classic makes me use phone less so I can concentrate other things! Also BlackBerry os10 is pretty good!
    And Classic's physical toolbar is awesome!
    If my Classic get broken I'll buy a blue cobalt!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 10:59 PM
    Great phone for productivity and work. Nothing beats it for cummunication except maybe Q10. Will be keeping both for at least next 2 years.
    03-13-16 12:27 AM
    Whenever I start to think my Classic is getting stale, I just ask my daughter to let me play with her iPhone, or I ask a friend to let my checkout their Android.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    03-13-16 12:56 AM
    As of now there is no alternative for me on the market, so I will us my Classic for quite some time.

I bought a Sony Xpaeria Z3 Compact to have a feel how a full touch Android would be like. The Sony is a high end devise and is better in some ways than my Classic (speed opening apps, Sceen colors and brightness, overall velocity in apps...). But in the end I just 'couldn't do it', the Classic did win.

I have used IOS, and really can't understand the popularity of this OS. Even more than Android it feels like an app-opening container. The missing of a back-button is not understandable, the usage of the home button is awful, and probably only implemented like this because of device design reasons.

So the Classic is the right devise for me for the near future. Only real problem ahead is a possible loss of WA. But I will deal with this WHEN it eventually happens, and not before.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 05:59 AM
    Looks like a very well balanced phone. Although a Passport fan I have to admit that the Classic can give a mighty punch. Using one since last week, I will put my Passport on vacation for a long while.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 06:10 AM
    Don't know the future and don't waste time to think about it. Just enjoy the present.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic
    03-13-16 06:59 AM
68 123