Could I take my Classic to like a phone repair shop and upgrade the processor or something like that? Just to make it a little more responsive n snappier.

If so, which processor would swap out n be best option. Thanks
    11-10-16 03:14 PM
    no, i doubt that is possible. how would it interface with the OS?
    11-10-16 04:49 PM
    no, i doubt that is possible. how would it interface with the OS?
    What do you mean? Like how would it work with the phone? Faster processor means faster phone?
    11-10-16 05:45 PM
    processors each have custom drivers to interface with the OS and the underlying hardware configuration. Plus the ball-grid array from SOC to SOC between generations are most certainly are not the same so you have a fitment issue.

You really can't leverage what you know about desktop processors to mobile on this one.
    11-10-16 06:15 PM
    processors each have custom drivers to interface with the OS and the underlying hardware configuration. Plus the ball-grid array from SOC to SOC between generations are most certainly are not the same so you have a fitment issue.

You really can't leverage what you know about desktop processors to mobile on this one.
    Gotcha. Thank you for the informative response
    11-10-16 07:57 PM
    The limit of phone hardware upgradability is the battery (if removable) and/or the SD card (if present). Mobile computing =/= mobile computers.
    velkod likes this.
    11-10-16 09:21 PM
    Seems a certain poster this time forgot the tell how snappy and responsive her current phone with a different OS is and therefor she is not experiencing any of the issues OP mentions.
    11-11-16 03:09 AM
    Wondered about this myself. Taking some cash and see it as a project, could have been fun.

Thought that it will not that easy as with a PC, well.

CB10 on my Classic
    velkod likes this.
    11-11-16 04:41 AM
    Wondered about this myself. Taking some cash and see it as a project, could have been fun.

Thought that it will not that easy as with a PC, well.

CB10 on my Classic
    Lol there has to be a way. like bbm and text open so slowly n laggy some times, Internet is slow now. If my classic was faster I would have NO need for any new phone coming from and company
    11-11-16 11:13 AM
    Lol there has to be a way. like bbm and text open so slowly n laggy some times, Internet is slow now. If my classic was faster I would have NO need for any new phone coming from and company
    Well, such is life.

It's got the same guts as the Q1 2013 Z10.
    11-11-16 11:15 AM