Can you fully operate the Blackberry Classic without touching the screen at all? So only by pressing the buttons, keyboard of course and the trackpad. And has anyone ever tried to use the track pad with gloves (regular gloves -thin winter gloves for instance- not the ones made to use with touchscreen phones).

I have an older Blackberry with os7 and although it's way behind modern phones I love the fact that I can operate it with buttons and don't have to touch the screen.

I'm really looking forward to reading your answers and appreciate every input.

Cheers.
    04-17-15 03:14 PM
    Yes, that's what the track pad is for.

Posted via CB10
    J_Apryono and BlackB_Sam like this.
    04-17-15 03:16 PM
    As long as you stay inside native app, you can do virtually everything without using the touchscreen at all. I was pretty surprised by this myself when I got the phone, didn't expect it would work so good.

The trackpad also works with lighter winter gloves, have tried that myself back in January. Only downside compared to those legacy devices is the size of the trackpad: The new one is smaller than those installed on older devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 03:42 PM
    In theory yes, but I often find myself touching the glass instead of using the trackpad. Why? For example, this forum I have app for. While I am scrolling the threads, if I am using my finger, everything would be fine, scrolling is ok, text is ok. But when I try to use the trackpad for scrolling, it behaves as a cursor marker, marking every aspect of the forum in blue color. If I scroll a bit to the left, it will mark the avatar in blue. And I find it annoying and continue to use my finger. This is a frustration for me, since I've migrated form 9900 and forgot how light that phone was, and I have this issue now.

Posted via CB10
    BlackB_Sam likes this.
    04-17-15 05:25 PM
    I'm with you,OP.
    BlackB_Sam likes this.
    04-17-15 11:30 PM
    Thanks a lot for your answers.
    04-18-15 01:16 AM
    In theory yes, but I often find myself touching the glass instead of using the trackpad. Why? For example, this forum I have app for. While I am scrolling the threads, if I am using my finger, everything would be fine, scrolling is ok, text is ok. But when I try to use the trackpad for scrolling, it behaves as a cursor marker, marking every aspect of the forum in blue color. If I scroll a bit to the left, it will mark the avatar in blue. And I find it annoying and continue to use my finger. This is a frustration for me, since I've migrated form 9900 and forgot how light that phone was, and I have this issue now.

Posted via CB10
    Are you using the CB10 app to browse these forums? I don't have any trouble scrolling around, it highlights each individual posting and, if it is a rather long one, scrolls nicely through the posts.

Posted via CB10
    BlackB_Sam likes this.
    04-18-15 01:20 AM
    You actually can, with a little practice. I'm so used to BlackBerry 10 gestures that I find it takes a little getting used to, but it is possible to use a BlackBerry Classic without touching the screen.

Posted via CB10
    BlackB_Sam likes this.
    04-18-15 02:06 AM
    For most basic operations but it is not as accomplished as the former os7 in that you can't select from lists by hitting the related first letter and in some instances you can't use the paste function without tapping the screen (see post Life is too short)
    BlackB_Sam likes this.
    04-18-15 07:45 AM
    I am having a small similar issue with the CB10 app but I am more into using the space bar for page down. Most of the times it skips a line or a line and a half and need to scroll upwards with the touchscreen.

Posted via CB10
    BlackB_Sam and whattiger like this.
    04-18-15 09:44 AM
    Thank you CB-users.
    04-18-15 12:09 PM
    Well. Almost everything is possible to select with Trackpad. Navigating CB is so easy for me with it. The menu button (the one with BlackBerry logo) do a very good job while you are typing.

Actually I am still learning how to hold the Classic but more and more getting used to not touch the screen.

From my Classic
    BlackB_Sam likes this.
    04-18-15 01:55 PM
    Most of the time I'm operating my Classic one handedly with my left thumb on the trackpad, depending on one or the other app which are not updated to 10.3.1.xxx branch, the touch screen is needed and my right hand swiping what ever need to be done to carry on.
    Initially coming from a Z10 it. Didn't need long to get use to get in to the one handed habits, love it.

Posted via BB-Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.2.281
    BlackB_Sam and idssteve like this.
    04-18-15 06:17 PM
    Ok, that's interesting. Thank you.
    04-19-15 03:35 PM
    Good question.I find the answer is no.I have found several "bugs" of the trackpad. Sometimes,the cursor can not go somewhere,or can not click somewhere.

Posted via CB10  My Einglish is not good.
    03-24-16 12:37 PM
    Yeah I've been challenging myself to not touch the screen, mostly to not smudge it up with fingerprints. It's pretty good...maybe not as quick or convenient as the touch-screen, but it is still fun to use.
    03-24-16 01:10 PM
    Yes you absolutely can... 9900 has a touchscreen also and I next to never touched that... Same thing with the Classic and BlackBerry's gesture system... I am not a fan of touching my screen... Thumbs on the screen only get in the way... Like that annoying head in front of you at the movie theater... Using the keyboard/toolbelt/trackpad is like copping a front row seat each and every time...

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    03-24-16 06:34 PM
    I try to do it, but inevitably I go back to touching the screen sometimes. I think it's just force of habit coming from using touchscreen phones for almost 7 years now.

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789
    03-24-16 08:03 PM
    With trackpad easy possible.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 01:17 PM
    I'd say around 95% of things you can do with the Trackpad (assuming native apps only) - I only use the touch screen for 'fast scrolling' of pages and trackpad cursor is too slow for browser/page scrolling sometimes, I've found

Follow me on Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM @ 2C1C340C / Proudly Posted via My PERFECT Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    03-25-16 02:19 PM
    I'd say around 95% of things you can do with the Trackpad (assuming native apps only) - I only use the touch screen for 'fast scrolling' of pages and trackpad cursor is too slow for browser/page scrolling sometimes, I've found

Follow me on Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM @ 2C1C340C / Proudly Posted via My PERFECT Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    Fine tune your scrolling speed in settings... I tweak mine upon 1st setting up the device... I have no issue scrolling through Web pages via the cursor...

My settings

Can you fully operate it without using the touchscreen?-img_20160325_193728.png
    PERFECT for me...

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 06:37 PM