So... i dropped my bold 9900 to try Android and went back to Q10 very quickly, i guess just wanted to confirm i was actually addicted to BB... i felt addicted and happy actually;-)

Q10 was never as smooth as good old "bold" line. everything in Q10 was taking longer and even after 1 year the whole swiping idea was not flawless for me, not mentioning difficulty with copying text, i knew it was only a temporary condition though

Oh boy - how much was i waiting for the Classic. I didn't even think 1 sec to drop the Verizon and go to T-mobile with my new pre-ordered Classic. I was hoping the Classic would bring best combination of Bold and new OS10 in one device. It somehow did but it is so far away from perfection... I have a feeling that completely new crew at BB R&D was given a Q10 with a task to get it as close to Bold as possible, the only problem was - these people never felt how great it was to use the Bold with all its goodness...

So may things to complain... can i hope someone from BB is actually going thru these forums and using it to make future devices better???
    - we finally got back the menu key - why is the same menu on the screen still, taking so much from small screen size?
    - we finally got back "end the call" button - why it does NOT end it when pressed??? not only you have to press it twice but when screen goes OFF you have to swipe up first to wake up phone...
    - we have got back the menu key - why can't i hold it to see my running apps
    - so may swiping and screen touching is necessary while tool bets and track pad should eliminate it...
    - the phone is sooo slow! i do not use it for anything fancy beside heavy communication but using search option takes 2-3 seconds to see results, i said i am addicated! please let me pay $700 for Classic and put some good stuff in it! i will gladly pay.
    - using notes, tasks, calendar, creating, editing, switching between apps was so much quicker was Bold
    - Quick Launch was adding even more productivity

I'm sure many of you can add more stuff... Can we hope Blackberry would listen and implement into next device? as I said i will pay a lot, but it may be the last time.
    Call me hater but I'm seriously thinking about windows phone. I hate Iphone and I don't like Android but i like Windows phone very much... Keyboard still keeps me with BB but all this swiping takes most of the fun and productivity.

Please do not post here if you want to criticize me. I want to make it as constructive as possible for all people who feels the same. Its is my last hope to make Classic Blackberry the most bold and productive device again...

thanks.
    01-22-15 11:30 PM
    HEAR! HEAR! BlackBerry, are you listening here. Op has nailed it. I be happy to 2nd it. The classic is a good start on a wonderful device, I thoroughly appreciate it, but so much room for improvement.
    My input:
    -changing/entering times in the alarm clock and calendar is hairpulling. We have a keyboard, let us use it.
    -the number of clicks and swipes to add an appointment in the calendar is crazy. Simplify!

Function over form always. Don't need eye candy or neato things.

Posted via CB10
    donemt and hhorac like this.
    01-23-15 12:13 AM
    And one more thing!

Notifications for incoming messages of any type:

-Bold 9900 had the option for up to 3 vibrations of varying length and then "ringtone" for up to 3 repeats. Rarely missed a message or call.

Vs

-classic quickly vibrates a few times while simultaneously playing a ringtone rather quietly. Missing calls and messages. No good at all.

Posted via CB10
    hhorac likes this.
    01-23-15 12:18 AM
    Yep, I really like the phone, but definitely a lot of improvements possible on the OS level that would make this phone so much better. And better hardware would just be icing on the cake.
    donemt likes this.
    01-23-15 12:40 AM
    I want the next QWERTY to have no toolbelt (maybe make a virtual one), remove logo on top, put in a 4:3 display.

Can next Classic be at least as good as old bold 9900 ?-concept-design-blackberry-q30-con-tastiera-fisica-qwerty-1.jpg

Put some Passport specs on it. That's the perfect phone. I'll gladly pay $750 for it.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    01-23-15 01:51 AM
    I want the next QWERTY to have no toolbelt (maybe make a virtual one), remove logo on top, put in a 4:3 display.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Concept Design BlackBerry Q30 con tastiera fisica QWERTY - 1.jpg 
Views:	3745 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	329089

Put some Passport specs on it. That's the perfect phone. I'll gladly pay $750 for it.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    That's the perfect phone FOR YOU. The whole point of the toolbelt is for the keys to be physical. A "virtual" toolbelt might as well not be there since if it's touchscreen dependent it doesn't solve any of the issues a toolbelt solves, which has all to do with not needing to look at the screen in order to use it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-23-15 09:35 AM
    Calendar and alarm notifications - they pop up in the middle of the screen every time I'm doing something "important", could that be more discreet, professionaly looking and perhaps customizable?

Addind tasks and notes or editing them, it used to be so simple and now several steps needed.

I'm not huge fan of universal search, can we have option of turning it off. Or even better - activating as one wish by pressing "S". It's great to have ability of speed dial by long pressing but I would like to set up even more shortcuts by short pressing keybord buttons when in home screen...

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 09:49 AM
    Hi slagman5 - real toolbelt is ok but let's put it in real use! Why do I need a "end call" button when it is not ending my call... like it used to in old good times.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 09:53 AM
    Hi slagman5 - real toolbelt is ok but let's put it in real use! Why do I need a "end call" button when it is not ending my call... like it used to in old good times.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, it's the point of it, I posted about it in the beta zone before.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    donemt likes this.
    01-23-15 10:11 AM
    Totally agree, OP!!!

Thing is, Classic is basically a Q10 with a tacked on tool belt.

What we BBOS users wanted was a Bold/Curve with tacked on BB10.

OS updates may add some more features but I fear that will add additional lag to the Classic.

Regardless, there is no choice. This is all we get. Deal with it or leave it.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    01-23-15 10:27 AM
    I'm still on the 9900 and waiting for ATT classic, posts like this make me worried b/c I'm also a die hard BB user since the days of "blue berry" 7xxx model. I have had the 9900 since day one and I'm quite used to this phone. I just hope the issues you are addressing can be corrected with software updates.

I do have a specific question about email on the phone. Since there is no longer BIS with the Classic, how do you set filters on the phone to allow certain messages to be level1 and the infamous Gmail email to self filter?

Thanks
    01-23-15 10:29 AM
    Bold 9900 is my main phone.

I've a Q10, which I update with the latest non-destructive leak...now that's 10.3.1.1154. Just use the Q10 with a test email account to keep up-to-date on BB10 software.

The Classic does have the trackpad and belt, which I consider necessary.

Realize that everyone has their own preferences...glad that BBRY is accepting that.

But the latest software, 10.3.1.2072, still doesn't make the grade for me. So I'm at the point of getting another used 9900 as a backup for my current Bold.

Once there's reasonable software for the Classic, that has at least the key capabilities of BBOS, then I'll get one.

But for now, the 9900 does an excellent job for my needs, far better than BB10.
    01-23-15 11:29 AM
    I miss 9900 so much I'm thinking about going back 2 devices...;-) more if counting other full touch devices. This would not usually happen with other platforms I fear.

What about lack of the LTE on bold 9900, it's not a problem?

I remember my bold was getting very slow at the end, I was typing and had to wait for letters to show up. It's not a problem for you?

What about amazon store and android apps, do they work on bold? I'm not an app collector but some of them are usefull.

I miss so much Quick Launch, Podtrapper and some other apps not available anymore on Classic...;-(

Does anyone know if what we write here gets any impact on future BlackBerry upgrades? Or they dobt care? Or they don't know how to care? I feel bad for myself! I love BlackBerry and I'm addicted but why no love back???

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 11:49 AM
    [URL="http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-classic-f419/classic-not-exactly-what-i-expected-coming-curve-984527/"]Thing is, Classic is basically a Q10 with a tacked on tool belt.

This totally hits the nail on the head for me.

I like to thank to the OP and other's with critical views for sharing those views.

It helps me with my decision to hold off for a bit on buying Classic until it becomes more mature.

Some people might say critisism is a bad thing and it might lead to bad sales for Blackberry.

I'm not so sure about that.

Lower than expected initial sales might just as well inspire Blackberry to mount an immidiate and much bigger effort to fix all these issues, which in turn might lead to faster and greater success on the long run.
    01-23-15 12:33 PM
    Totally agree, OP!!!

Thing is, Classic is basically a Q10 with a tacked on tool belt.

OS updates may add some more features but I fear that will add additional lag to the Classic.

Regardless, there is no choice. This is all we get. Deal with it or leave it.
    Well said. But we have moved forward. Hopefully BB10.4 will get there

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 12:41 PM
    Hope the whole mess from the Contacts app was removed and now in 10.3.1 all good behavior from a normal smarphone was brought back! I hate the way Contacts app acts! I hate from all my guts the guy or the team that missed so many productive features from old BlackBerry: direct prediction search into dialpad or better a Contacts app integrated into Phone app, a good Calendar app, profiles settings and so many things!
    They tried to update the BlackBerry phones like a media phone and forgeted all business stuff, claiming that it is still a business phone. Shame on you. Mr Chen somebody should tell you our opinion, or better take a look at us, we are your brand fans and supporters!