Many great posts and I share the frustration.

I too waited patiently for years for another toolbelt Blackberry. During that time I followed and joined quite a few discussions here on CB about the needs of a toolbelt. Meanwhile, Classic is finally out now, yet here I am, still following discussions and the more I do, the less I feel motivated to actually buy Classic.

Who the hell designs this stuff, and why do they constantly get simple things so wrong.
    This is question constantly lingers on my mind as well.

I guess many key designers, who originally conceived Blackberry are not there any more. To secure their careers, they must have moved on long ago and as they left, so did the original Blackberry spirit and passion for perfection. Hired hands filled the void, a new generation of people with different views and different priorities.
    dan_slack and Flip Flip like this.
    01-26-15 05:19 PM
    I don't know why it is taking BlackBerry so long to get OS10 up to a point where the core functionality is even equal to that of the old OS7. There is almost no real advantage from a messaging and calling point of view (previously BlackBerry strong points) over the competition.

I've now had a play with the new classic for a few hours, and it does seem a little clumsy. With the three actions require to terminate a call under certain circumstances, it makes the toolbelt a bit of a joke. Who the hell designs this stuff, and why do they constantly get simple things so wrong.

Think about it - a hard call end key that under often used conditions won't end the call..

So we're stuck with the perfectly sized Q10 with an awful double typing keyboard, the powerful passport which for many is just too big and a classic with a poorly implemented tool belt.

I don't think I can wait another three years to get a phone that just about matches the functionality of a phone that will then have been introduced some seven years earlier.
    Lol! Stop it! I'm trying to be objective here, but if you keep talking I'm going to be forced to return my Classic

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    01-26-15 06:19 PM
    Purchase an app to have what you used to get for free?
    Don't be cheap :P
    Functions come and functions go. That's just how software development works.

99% of the things talked about in here are non-issues for over 99.9% of the market by now.
    It's pretty interesting to see how this small subset of users feels so entitled to get everything they want from BlackBerry.

It's obvious that the overall market for a keyboard device is already nearly nonexistent, but the market for a device that emulates a 2007 paradigm is even smaller.

The end key issue is epic though. If the phone has an end key, it should end calls whenever pressed. That BlackBerry overlooked something basic as that is astonishing.
    01-26-15 06:19 PM
    Wait, you have to buy an app to get holster profiles? Ridiculous. How is this gonna attract any Legacy user?
    BelfastD...
    Ever thought about the possibility that... Most Legacy users don't give a damn about those features?

What about the possibility, that most legacy users have been lost anyhow, because they want touchscreen phones now and BlackBerry sadly doesn't have any good ones (which would make those people buy a phone from someone else).

Never considered that things you appreciated from your legacy device, were things only a tiny tiny tiny minority of buyers actually wanted?

Welcome to 2015. The year in which the keyboard celebrates its 6th jubilee of having completely lost to the touchscreen (on smartphones)!
    Also the 7th jubilee of BBOS getting annihilated by the competition.
    In the end, the paradigm you want BlackBerry to make phones for, already ended in 2009.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-26-15 06:36 PM
    Wait, you have to buy an app to get holster profiles? Ridiculous. How is this gonna attract any Legacy user?
    Rofl
    Catch 22. Legacy users don't know BB10 does not do all the things OS7 does nor did they expect to pay another $20-40 to customize BB10 to do what OS7 does.

.....but it is all like that. Just part of the upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 11:47 PM
    Ever thought about the possibility that... Most Legacy users don't give a damn about those features?

Never considered that things you appreciated from your legacy device, were things only a tiny tiny tiny minority of buyers actually wanted?
    Deja vu. Heard that one before.

Not too long ago, people constantly shouted down BelfastDispatcher for asking for a toolbelt with the same arguments as yours.

Yet here we are and the toolbelt is back.

BelfastDispatcher was right and even many of the people who once opposed him are now quietly using Classic themselves.
    01-27-15 10:07 AM
    Deja vu. Heard that one before.

Not too long ago, people constantly shouted down BelfastDispatcher for asking for a toolbelt with the same arguments as yours.

Yet here we are and the toolbelt is back.

BelfastDispatcher was right and even many of the people who once opposed him are now quietly using Classic themselves.
    Belfast was right? He told us the classic would be a new BBOS device not BlackBerry 10. No I'm pretty sure he wasn't right. lol..

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and TgeekB like this.
    01-27-15 10:16 AM
    Belfast was right? He told us the classic would be a new BBOS device not BlackBerry 10. No I'm pretty sure he wasn't right. lol..

Posted via CB10
    and where were you and what were you advocating for in those days?
    01-27-15 10:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    No i didn't, I said BB will make a new BBOS device but instead they restarted production of the 9900.

In different threads I made the case for the tool belt and predicted it will come back.

You're getting these two confused.
    01-27-15 12:08 PM
    Me too. I was watching the Weather Channel about the "storm of historic proportions" and one of the Weather Channel guys standing next to the ocean says "let me get out my blackberry and get an update for you". He pulled out what looked like a Bold, and with ONE HAND, and with GLOVES ON, found the message and read it aloud on the air. I grabbed my Bold, and sure enough, you can manipulate it with gloves on (and of course using one hand).

The Bold is what BB was meant to be - all they had to do was provide a better camera and add a little more speed. And pay developers to provide some of the key apps instead of pissing money away trying to emulate iphone/droids. The so-called "you can download Android apps" stuff is very problematic.
    andy957, Flip Flip, Witmen and 1 others like this.
    01-28-15 06:57 AM
    So true!
    I wish I would not be addicted to keyboard, I love Nokias with Windows! ;-)
    I emailed John Chen with link to this forum but didn't hear back ;-)
    Sometimes I wonder if anyone's there gives any F*** about couples of us still hanging?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 07:24 AM
    Sometimes I wonder if anyone's there gives any F*** about couples of us still hanging?
    I'm certain that Classic was developed based upon the numbers of users hanging on to their legacy devices.

Indeed, contrary to fanboy claims and assurances, until now BB10 turned out to be a major sales flop, so consequently I believe it is fair to say that Blackberry is presently (until Classic) still majority legacy user supported.

Further since nobody seems to give a damn about Blackberry any more, it is the upgrade to Classic/Passport dollars spent of the loyal legacy user, that is goint to make the difference for Blackberry in terms of phone sales.

So Blackberry better give a "star" about those still hanging in, because if those that are hanging in stop giving a "star" about Blackberry, Blackberry likely stop exist in the form it does today.
    01-28-15 10:19 AM
    Well, I have a 9930. I semi agree with most of what you said. However using the blue tooth in my car with this phone is a headache, can�t wait to upgrade to a BB10. I am not selling or trading in my 9930 for all the reasons mentioned in so many other posts. I�m sticking with BB. All Smartphone�s have there strengths and weaknesses. Smart people use there Smartphone�s in the area of its strengths not its weakness. If they didn�t they wouldn�t be smart and nether would there phones. Best, T500J
    01-28-15 11:57 PM
    Why do my screen have blink so many different screens when I do speed dial? I hate these animations, feels like they consume so much memory. I wish Classic will by classy and simple!

Posted via CB10
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    01-30-15 06:46 PM
    Well, I have a 9930. I semi agree with most of what you said. However using the blue tooth in my car with this phone is a headache, can�t wait to upgrade to a BB10. I am not selling or trading in my 9930 for all the reasons mentioned in so many other posts. I�m sticking with BB. All Smartphone�s have there strengths and weaknesses. Smart people use there Smartphone�s in the area of its strengths not its weakness. If they didn�t they wouldn�t be smart and nether would there phones. Best, T500J
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 08:05 PM
    I'm certain that Classic was developed based upon the numbers of users hanging on to their legacy devices.

Indeed, contrary to fanboy claims and assurances, until now BB10 turned out to be a major sales flop, so consequently I believe it is fair to say that Blackberry is presently (until Classic) still majority legacy user supported.

Further since nobody seems to give a damn about Blackberry any more, it is the upgrade to Classic/Passport dollars spent of the loyal legacy user, that is goint to make the difference for Blackberry in terms of phone sales.

So Blackberry better give a "star" about those still hanging in, because if those that are hanging in stop giving a "star" about Blackberry, Blackberry likely stop exist in the form it does today.
    Yes, of course that's what's happening.
    01-30-15 08:10 PM
    Yes, of course that's what's happening.
    What is also happening, is that fanboys, who until about a few years ago were completely satisfied using BB7 and were calling any other OS a complicated toy garbage, now since the introduction of BB10 loudly preaching why it is better to use two hands, multiple actions and gestures instead of one simple action. Suddenly they were just as convinced, that one could select text better without trackpad.

I wish all of them lot's of fun watching their favorite Netflix and playing their favorite games on OS10.

If anything, all we need now are Blackberry's in lot's of baby colors.
    01-31-15 10:39 AM
    What is also happening, is that fanboys, who until about a few years ago were completely satisfied using BB7 and were calling any other OS a complicated toy garbage, now since the introduction of BB10 loudly preaching why it is better to use two hands, multiple actions and gestures instead of one simple action. Suddenly they were just as convinced, that one could select text better without trackpad.

I wish all of them lot's of fun watching their favorite Netflix and playing their favorite games on OS10.

If anything, all we need now are Blackberry's in lot's of baby colors.
    My perception is the other way around, with the holdouts on a dying technology being the "fanboys". But each one is entitled to their own opinion.

I still would call either a fanboy, though.
    01-31-15 10:58 AM
    as a business user of the Bold 9900, it still does what i need, and eventually when it and the new spare ones fail replacements will be required, so far the Classic is not yet there maybe Blackberry might produce a Classic 2 which is a true Bold replacement, but on their first attempt not too hopeful, the small batch of 9900's produced recently was probably an easier solution than the Classic to keep Legacy users buying Blackberry phones, if there are customers willing to buy a product keep selling it.
    WES51 likes this.
    01-31-15 01:13 PM
    My perception is the other way around, with the holdouts on a dying technology being the "fanboys". But each one is entitled to their own opinion.

I still would call either a fanboy, though.
    Calling a technology that still works better and more accurately as a "dying technology" is fanboyism in my opinion. Most knowledgeable technology geeks know that newer is not always better. But the typical consumer easily swayed by marketing or bandwagons are the only ones arguing that all newer technology must be better. But yes, of course, none of this is my business...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    andy957 and WES51 like this.
    01-31-15 01:18 PM
    That's the perfect phone FOR YOU. The whole point of the toolbelt is for the keys to be physical. A "virtual" toolbelt might as well not be there since if it's touchscreen dependent it doesn't solve any of the issues a toolbelt solves, which has all to do with not needing to look at the screen in order to use it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    If the kb looked like that but was touch sensitive like passport,
    the screen was 1080x1440 (3x4)
    processing power and memory and storage was similar to passport maybe with a slightly newer more power efficient chip set to make up for what would have to be a smaller battery than passport -
    Then......
    I'd probably agree with SLAGMAN although I'd quite like a call answer key squeezed in

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 01:40 PM

- we have got back the menu key - why can't i hold it to see my running apps

Pressing the END call key from ANY app will show you all your running apps. Same function is available but on a different key, weird but I got use to it.
    That's not entirely true. You only see the apps that are running with an active frame. But you don't see the apps that are running in the background.

A classic post via CB10 app
    01-31-15 01:41 PM
    I see this "dying technology" argument coming up again and again. Usually it is brought people who just upgraded and because of that now they appear to themselves as up to date and tech savvy.

But are they really?

Do they upgrade their cars every 2-3 years?

Do they upgrade their flat screen TV's every 2-3 years?

How about their home alarm? Do they even have one? And let alone is it older than 2-3 years?

How about their bathrooms? Do they still use manual faucet? Never heard of automatisation in this field?

The list goes on, and people will quickly see and point out how silly this comparisons are.

AND THAT IS EXACTLY THE POINT.

If it works why change it. One can be extremely smart and successful using existing technology. No need to upgrade.

Smartness has nothing to do with being tech savvy and using the latest technology as well as smart phones won't make anyone smart.

Seems quite clear, but of course all of this has to be pointed out over and over to those, who think they are smart just becasue they happen to use smart phones.
    01-31-15 03:49 PM
    i couldn't agree more. I tried the classic for 2 days and went back to the bold.
    Everything is more efficient on the bold. If you have a document you often go to you just put it on the desk top so you can quickly access it. In the OS10 you can only put apps on the desk top, not files (so important often used things must be put in evernote but it takes longer to access them).
    In the bold i have a separate icon for facebook, gmail (used for work), yahoo mail (used for personal), and whatsapp. A little star appears when there is a new message. So right away i know if i have a new work email, new text, new whats app message so i know if it's for work or personal even before i touch anything. The hub mixes them all up. That's worse

Forget swiping, it's not efficient. Touch screen means it's redundant just move left or right like turning a page in a book.

The classic needs a removable battery which means you never run out of battery life if you buy a spare and carry that not too far. The classic battery didn't last a whole day when i used it for skype and played with it. That's horrible.

What we need is more apps for the OS7 phones and a bold with better hardware but still using the OS7 which is plain better efficiency wise.
    Hardware: The bold needs auto focus on it's camera and it needs to be of higher resolution because pictures of fine text don't have the resolution to be able to read the text from the picture.
    It needs a front facing camera (useful for skype and checking if you have food in your teeth or something of the sort).
    It needs a faster processor for web browsing
    It could use a slightly bigger screen.
    Software: it has to be able to do parkmobile apps (paying your parking meter from a distance), a gps that can read out the directions, skype and tinder.

So for now i am keeping my bold 9900.
    02-01-15 05:03 PM
    i agree 100% percent. I tried the classic for 2 days and returned it and returned to my bold 9900. i posted on it later in this thread.
    02-01-15 05:10 PM
119 ... 2345