"As good as the old bold" it is leaps and bounds over the 9900. Os 10 is a whole new os and has nothing to do with your beloved os7. Its at 10.3!
    .3 dude just hold up Rome wasn't built in a day. Is there a huge learning curve, yes? But once you get used to it you will love it.

You talk about "criticizing" but title of your thread is putting down blackberry and you are suggesting that the classic isn't better than the 9900?

Anyways enjoy your Classic and have a great evening.

Posted via CB10
    It's not "putting down" BB, no need to get defensive for BB, if people never criticized the way it works (or doesn't) how do you expect them to know how to improve their product? It's not like OP went all "buy android, BB is dead!!" OP listed things that could be improved and how to improve it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces, andy957, Witmen and 2 others like this.
    01-23-15 06:08 PM
    The hub is dumb and they should have just kept with the webos knock off ui like the playbook but they had to go with the "screen o icon/apps" that ios and android made popular... I am glad to see the "revolutionary" always there home screen in the latest update! that's almost there...

The end call button works, it just is preempted by "wake device up" as primary function as god forbid that our physical keys DO something before we wake our screen up... so now just to end the call you press twice and your screens on while it most likely is just going to be put in pocket or holster etc and the things on and prone to pocket presses... or you have to press the power button (now 3 presses) to put the phone up... while if the dumb hang up button just DID THAT it could go straight to the pocket etc. as there is no need to wake the phone up... and if you did want it awake, one button does just that... so three constantly? or one constantly and two occasionally? Some one get some sixsigma up in the programmers suite.

Posted via CB10
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    01-23-15 06:29 PM
    ^ yes I understand. I could give 2 sharts about defending blackberry. I've got the phones that work for me. He is stating his opinion at the same time misleading people on the classic. When I make a call or receive a call I end it by hitting the end button ONCE on the tool belt. There are flaws all over his opening post witch make me wonder if he's ever used a classic. For him to say he doesn't want any criticism, however he may criticize is a joke. But oh well. Go back to the 9900 and its blistering internet speed,tiny screen,small buttons,horrible battery,random reboots,5mp camera ect. Maybe he can upgrade his os to os8 or os9.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 06:36 PM
    ^ yes I understand. I could give 2 sharts about defending blackberry. I've got the phones that work for me. He is stating his opinion at the same time misleading people on the classic. When I make a call or receive a call I end it by hitting the end button ONCE on the tool belt. There are flaws all over his opening post witch make me wonder if he's ever used a classic. For him to say he doesn't want any criticism, however he may criticize is a joke. But oh well. Go back to the 9900 and its blistering internet speed,tiny screen,small buttons,horrible battery,random reboots,5mp camera ect. Maybe he can upgrade his os to os8 or os9.

Posted via CB10
    The end call button issue is real. Not talking about if you have the phone to your face. Use speakerphone, set the phone down, allow the phone's screen to turn off. That's when the problems start. Either you have to hit the end call button twice, or worse, if the device is locked, you'll have to hit end call, the touch an icon on the screen or swipe up on the screen and press end call again...

Edit: It is utterly STUPID, no way around it, it renders the physical button useless and we might as well use a touchscreen button instead. The end call button needs to end the call no ifs, ands, or buts, from anywhere, no matter the situation. Requiring the screen to be on or requiring you to interact with the touchscreen first makes absolutely ZERO sense.

01-23-15 06:38 PM
    WoW that is a glitch they must fix nice find but makes sense kind of because its in sleep then has to wake what is bull is if you try hold the button it shuts the phone off when the call is still active.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 06:45 PM
    WoW that is a glitch they must fix nice find but makes sense kind of because its in sleep then has to wake what is bull is if you try hold the button it shuts the phone off when the call is still active.

Posted via CB10
    I do hope they fix that, although admittedly it's a very specific situation, but still I absolutely believe the end call button has to end calls under any circumstance no matter what. But either way, I'm glad to have the button back for the 99% of the way we use the phone to make phone calls. I use speakerphone only when calling a corporation that puts me on hold...

01-23-15 06:47 PM
    It helps that BB10 has good face detection logic and that most of the time if your talking and you are done and take the phone from your face it properly wakes up and shows u the screen allowing for one button hang up... the worst face dialing I have ever had is android...good lord it was bad. I never face dialed with webos it's logic was so good it was crazy...someone on the forums mentioned when LG bought webos that LG should put the face talk logic in their android phones lol.

Anywho- some... because of face dialing issues always press power to sleep the phone before they start talking and then you have to press button to wake it up no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 06:53 PM
    ^ yeah speaker phone is a biggie for me. I always wanted a "Swipe to answer in speakerphone"...

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 06:55 PM
    Exactly! And I said I love BlackBerry! It is just not as good as it could be.

Learning curve? I had Q10 11 months and did not have 1 day without swiping in wrong direction.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 08:00 PM
    I hope the Classic 2 is much improved. I was disappointed in my experience with the Classic.

My personal gripes:

- Too big. The phone is the same size as my iPhone 6. Which is too big. Not to mention that the Classic is a brick in terms of weight.
    - Built quality. Had backlight leaking between the screen and the toolbelt. Keyboard backlighting was leaking everywhere.

I realize that this was not meant to be the premium device is the Passport is but still. It's nowhere near a 9900 replacement. That said, I do miss it and wish it had been slightly better.
    01-23-15 08:25 PM
    It helps that BB10 has good face detection logic and that most of the time if your talking and you are done and take the phone from your face it properly wakes up and shows u the screen allowing for one button hang up... the worst face dialing I have ever had is android...good lord it was bad. I never face dialed with webos it's logic was so good it was crazy...someone on the forums mentioned when LG bought webos that LG should put the face talk logic in their android phones lol.

Anywho- some... because of face dialing issues always press power to sleep the phone before they start talking and then you have to press button to wake it up no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, I always see my friend with her Android when she has the phone to her face the screen stays on and I keep watching to see if she hits the disconnect icon with her face, lol.

01-23-15 08:30 PM
    Uh, no. I rest my thumbs on the keyboard when i'm thinking about what to type. Not to mention, I don't always lift off the keyboard while I move from one key to the next, sometimes I slide my thumb from one to the next, that would screw a lot of things up. A separate trackpad and physical call send/end keys is the way it should be for me...

....or perhaps no toolbelt at all. I rarely use the trackpad on my Classic. The touch gestures works perfectly fine. Too many redundant functions.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    01-24-15 12:36 AM
    So... i dropped my bold 9900 to try Android and went back to Q10 very quickly, i guess just wanted to confirm i was actually addicted to BB... i felt addicted and happy actually;-)

Q10 was never as smooth as good old "bold" line. everything in Q10 was taking longer and even after 1 year the whole swiping idea was not flawless for me, not mentioning difficulty with copying text, i knew it was only a temporary condition though

Oh boy - how much was i waiting for the Classic. I didn't even think 1 sec to drop the Verizon and go to T-mobile with my new pre-ordered Classic. I was hoping the Classic would bring best combination of Bold and new OS10 in one device. It somehow did but it is so far away from perfection... I have a feeling that completely new crew at BB R&D was given a Q10 with a task to get it as close to Bold as possible, the only problem was - these people never felt how great it was to use the Bold with all its goodness...

So may things to complain... can i hope someone from BB is actually going thru these forums and using it to make future devices better???
    - we finally got back the menu key - why is the same menu on the screen still, taking so much from small screen size?
    - we finally got back "end the call" button - why it does NOT end it when pressed??? not only you have to press it twice but when screen goes OFF you have to swipe up first to wake up phone...
    - we have got back the menu key - why can't i hold it to see my running apps
    - so may swiping and screen touching is necessary while tool bets and track pad should eliminate it...
    - the phone is sooo slow! i do not use it for anything fancy beside heavy communication but using search option takes 2-3 seconds to see results, i said i am addicated! please let me pay $700 for Classic and put some good stuff in it! i will gladly pay.
    - using notes, tasks, calendar, creating, editing, switching between apps was so much quicker was Bold
    - Quick Launch was adding even more productivity

I'm sure many of you can add more stuff... Can we hope Blackberry would listen and implement into next device? as I said i will pay a lot, but it may be the last time.
    Call me hater but I'm seriously thinking about windows phone. I hate Iphone and I don't like Android but i like Windows phone very much... Keyboard still keeps me with BB but all this swiping takes most of the fun and productivity.

Please do not post here if you want to criticize me. I want to make it as constructive as possible for all people who feels the same. Its is my last hope to make Classic Blackberry the most bold and productive device again...

thanks.
    I agree this thing isn't very fast and like you I use for communication only. Can't believe they chose to use q10 SOC. The class ick should have been the q10

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3 : T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    01-24-15 01:20 AM
    I want the next QWERTY to have no toolbelt (maybe make a virtual one), remove logo on top, put in a 4:3 display.

Attachment 329089

Put some Passport specs on it. That's the perfect phone. I'll gladly pay $750 for it.

It wouldn't be the Classic if it does not include the physical tool belt imo - It would just be an upgraded Q10 which I wouldn't want.
    slagman5 likes this.
    01-24-15 01:25 AM
    I hope the Classic 2 is much improved. I was disappointed in my experience with the Classic.

My personal gripes:

- Too big. The phone is the same size as my iPhone 6. Which is too big. Not to mention that the Classic is a brick in terms of weight.
    - Built quality. Had backlight leaking between the screen and the toolbelt. Keyboard backlighting was leaking everywhere.

I realize that this was not meant to be the premium device is the Passport is but still. It's nowhere near a 9900 replacement. That said, I do miss it and wish it had been slightly better.
    Hmmmmm I have to say for the past few years I've carried a Note device and I love the way the Classic looks and feels HATE its guts, ya know pretty on the outside ugly on the inside

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3 : T-Mobile 4G LTE
    meagvg likes this.
    01-24-15 05:27 AM
    Sooooooooo I'm pissed. I work for company "hahahahaa" so for the past two years I've collected numbers from contact's coworkers etc...all saved under "hahahahah" But each time I add a number I could go to custom and put their name. One job one contact space yet several numbers.....I love google contacts

Well this dumb *** blackberry has changed every name to OTHER so I know have all these numbers listed as other ! What the **** why would it go and change the names....oh because blackberry requested permissions to add or change your Google contacts.

Can you say irritated ! I dont think they use a lot of "sense" at. Blackberry

It took them over a year to release a q10 with a trackpad -_-.........because thas all this is. Love the bigger size and keyboard though but out of frustration I have no choice but to return this device. I rather keepnmy $450 and just cringe as I type on glass

01-24-15 05:33 AM
    Sooooooooo I'm pissed. I work for company "hahahahaa" so for the past two years I've collected numbers from contact's coworkers etc...all saved under "hahahahah" But each time I add a number I could go to custom and put their name. One job one contact space yet several numbers.....I love google contacts
    I don't understand? You mean all the contacts were in one contact group and now they are not?
    01-24-15 08:50 AM
    ....or perhaps no toolbelt at all. I rarely use the trackpad on my Classic. The touch gestures works perfectly fine. Too many redundant functions.

Again, FOR YOU.

I just switched to the Classic from the Q10. I'll keep my hardware call send/end keys and the separate trackpad, it works the best with the way I use my phone. You can get a Passport if you don't use those things.

Alain_A likes this.
    01-24-15 11:29 AM
    It wouldn't be the Classic if it does not include the physical tool belt imo - It would just be an upgraded Q10 which I wouldn't want.
    Exactly, people who think touchscreen controls can replace physical ones don't quite understand the point of the physical controls. I wonder if they have considered just getting an all-touch device since apparently touchscreen versions of physical controls work fine for them, the same should be said for the keyboard right? Maybe then they might understand the point of the physical toolbelt...

01-24-15 11:31 AM
    I don't understand? You mean all the contacts were in one contact group and now they are not?
    Basically, instead of creating a new contact for each new contact (like he should have), he made one contact that he simply added the phone numbers to. And under the label, he would change that (the thing that for BB is "work" "home" "mobile") to the name of the person. Well, I agree that BB needs to give the option for custom labels, but it doesn't. So it changed them all to "other." So now he has a contact card under "hahahahah" and a bunch of phone numbers labeled as "Other."

Sorry, as much as it frustrates him, and I'm always one to promote criticism to push progress and improvements, and I do agree that we need custom labels, but in this case, I think it was his fault. I've always created separated contact cards for every individual. If they belong to the same group, that's what contact groups are for... Just my opinion, but you can't really blame the phone for not handling the contacts in the exact same VERY specific way in which you used it with a whole different OS...

That's like going from a M4 to a FAL and complaining that the mag release isn't in the exact same place. They work differently, that's it. Sorry for the gun reference, was the best example I could think of.

VeryBumpy likes this.
    01-24-15 11:38 AM

My personal gripes:

See, for me it's the perfect size. They make it smaller and I'm not interested.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-24-15 11:51 AM
    The Classic is already better than the 9900.

 Classic
    01-24-15 02:31 PM
    I've been using for a year now my Z10 and still have the same problems (constantly misspelled words) with virtual keyboard as on day one.
    Waiting for Classic to come to Orange... and buy one immediately, but as I discovered this topic... I will think twice before even thinking to get one.
    Fact is that looking at many presentations and reviews of Classic, I was wondering why there is a virtual on screen call end button, if there is a physical one too?!
    This is just to name one of my doubts...
    But remember first OS10 version... What about first Playbooks, with no native email and calendar applications?!
    Well, let's give BB Classic a chance and wait for its second incarnation, if any.

BTW, my Z10 randomly reboots at least 4-5-6 times per week , File manager app is constantly crashing, Contacts birthdays are nonsense, since there is no alert for them, battery hardly keeps the phone up and running after 12 hours of moderate use... and so on.

Here are some pros of OS10.2.1 on my Z10:
    the Hub, email and attachments handling, the browser, quick (custom) settings, the led, the integrated File manager (it has a minus too, see above mention), BBM, virtual keyboard swipe gestures and so on...
    Hope 10.3.1 will bring some nice improvements and bug fixes.

Could 9900 be a (temporary) solution till a new Classssic will come? Is it better than Z10 for daily activities?
    Let's here some other opinions...
    Last edited by dan_slack; 01-24-15 at 04:50 PM.
    01-24-15 04:15 PM
    I have a feeling that completely new crew at BB R&D was given a Q10 with a task to get it as close to Bold as possible, the only problem was - these people never felt how great it was to use the Bold with all its goodness...
    This idea never left my mind since I first bought the Q10 a couple of years ago (it was since sent back to the store in 2 days, like a plague). Sadly, they were all let go, and gone with them was the accumulated knowledge and experience of usability/UI over so many years, which in essence was the great asset of RIM at the time. They scrapped it all together and started from the scratch only to accumulate $1B Z10 inventory write down. How nice :-(
    Chen seems to understand the gripe/feedback from the market and set about going back to what was really making a BB a BB. Still not enough. But as long as he minds and strives for it.....

BB10 is all good and dandy, and BBRY should continue developing this platform for survival anyway.

But in the meantime.......
    All Heins & Co, should have done before they were all psych'd up to catch up the iPhone was continue the BBOS UI (yes, UI programming, not necessarily the platform itself on which the UI is programmed) with the hardware accelerated browser. (and/or the use of HTML5) About the only thing that was missing in 9900 was a faster browser (just for business use, such as Google search etc). And no need for gaming and streaming video etc. It was a business communication (and PIM) device. If they offered this alongside with new BB10 devices, the picture would have been much different.
    Oh well.....
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    01-24-15 06:23 PM
    How about no more BlackBerry Classic? You appealed to the technophobe diehards, now let it die.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-24-15 06:29 PM
119 1234 ...