Hello everyone.

I am looking to replace my archaic old iPod with a new iPod Touch.
    My question though, is whether anyone knows if it is possible when out and about (outside of wi-fi area) to connect the iPod Touch to the Classic and use its data through Hotspot?

It would really solve my app gap problems and allow me to use the iPod in my car to connect my entire music collection as well as use it when I needed the apps I can't get to run as well on my Classic.

I've tried searching but haven't brought any results up it would be an expensive test too if it failed so I'd rather be sure.

Thanks!
    01-02-16 06:38 AM
    Yes that will work. Your classic will just be discovered like any other WiFi provider on your ipod.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 08:13 AM
    Yes that will work. Your classic will just be discovered like any other WiFi provider on your ipod.

Posted via CB10
    OK great thanks. Does that include areas outside of Wi-Fi? Sor can the Classic give the iPod my 3/4g data connection to allow it to connect to Internet out and about?

Thanks!
    01-02-16 10:50 AM
    OK great thanks. Does that include areas outside of Wi-Fi? Sor can the Classic give the iPod my 3/4g data connection to allow it to connect to Internet out and about?

Thanks!
    Yeah it will work as long as your Classic still maintains a network connection with the telco. Just mind the battery level.

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    01-02-16 11:49 AM
    I do it all the time. I have T-Mobile and I get LTE most areas. So I connect my iPod touch and it works great.

Mobile Hotspot on Classic does use a bit of battery though.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    01-04-16 01:53 AM
    I do it all the time. I have T-Mobile and I get LTE most areas. So I connect my iPod touch and it works great.

That's great, thanks!
    It wouldn't happen a lot really, just when I needed to connect the iPod and there was no WiFi connection available.

But this is very helpful! Tempted to pick me up a Blue Classic and a new iPod Touch 6th Gen to work alongside one another. Think it'd be the perfect mix seeing as the Priv just didn't work for me.
    01-04-16 07:00 AM

That's great, thanks!
    It wouldn't happen a lot really, just when I needed to connect the iPod and there was no WiFi connection available.

But this is very helpful! Tempted to pick me up a Blue Classic and a new iPod Touch 6th Gen to work alongside one another. Think it'd be the perfect mix seeing as the Priv just didn't work for me.
    01-04-16 07:00 AM
    That's great, thanks!

It's a great combo.

Can a new iPod Touch use my Classic data connection via Mobile Hotspot?-img_20160104_110156.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    01-04-16 01:02 PM
    It's a great combo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160104_110156.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	386582

Posted via CB10
    Now THAT is a delicious photo.

I definitely am investing in this combo when I can. End of the month probably.
    Thanks for sharing

I take it you find the app gap that people (myself included) complain about with Blackberry is non existent with you using both of these devices in harmony?
    01-04-16 01:13 PM
    Now THAT is a delicious photo.

I definitely am investing in this combo when I can. End of the month probably.
    Thanks for sharing

I take it you find the app gap that people (myself included) complain about with Blackberry is non existent with you using both of these devices in harmony?
    Yeah, the iPod has all the apps BlackBerry World will never have, the only annoying part is, my iOS friends who I iMessage with get a little too used to me being on iMessage, so sometimes they'll iMessage me and I've left my iPod at home.
    01-05-16 12:40 PM