Hi All,

Apologies if these have been answered before, I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to my questions.

Seriously considering buying a Classic to use as a work phone since I loved using Blackberry for email previously. However, my work emails are provided through Gmail (Google Apps?) and there are some core functions that I would like to make sure I can use in the same way I do on the Gmail app on my Android. I know on older devices there was the 'Advance Gmail Plug-in, is there something similar still? Any info anyone can provide on the following would be hugely appreciated...

- Does the "conversations" view settings still exist?

- Labels - Am I able to read old mails that have been filed using labels - I receive all mails into inbox and then file every email I receive under a label(s) once actioned, and need to go back and read them often - If it is possible, do the conversations then get added back to Inbox when a new mail is received

- Am I able to apply labels on the phone?

- Can I 'Star' mails?

- Google Hangouts - Is it possible to use this (I found something that's called Google Talk, would this work?) I only need chat, not video/voice calls.

Thanks in advance for your responses - Simple questions I know, but seem to find contradictions.

A
    05-12-15 10:23 AM
    Hi All,

Apologies if these have been answered before, I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to my questions.

Seriously considering buying a Classic to use as a work phone since I loved using Blackberry for email previously. However, my work emails are provided through Gmail (Google Apps?) and there are some core functions that I would like to make sure I can use in the same way I do on the Gmail app on my Android. I know on older devices there was the 'Advance Gmail Plug-in, is there something similar still? Any info anyone can provide on the following would be hugely appreciated...

- Does the "conversations" view settings still exist?

- Labels - Am I able to read old mails that have been filed using labels - I receive all mails into inbox and then file every email I receive under a label(s) once actioned, and need to go back and read them often - If it is possible, do the conversations then get added back to Inbox when a new mail is received

- Am I able to apply labels on the phone?

- Can I 'Star' mails?

- Google Hangouts - Is it possible to use this (I found something that's called Google Talk, would this work?) I only need chat, not video/voice calls.

Thanks in advance for your responses - Simple questions I know, but seem to find contradictions.

A
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

Yes, you can use Gmail (free and paid Google Apps version) on a BlackBerry 10 device. No plugins are necessary.

Yes, in Hub > Settings > Display and Actions, you can chose between single or conversation style. (Note that this applies to all email accounts -- you can't have one account singe view, another conversation style.)

Yes, you can access the Gmail labels on your device, as file folders. These are not all synced by default when setting up the account, you will need to go in to "Edit Folder Settings" to specify which (or all) to sync. *** Note that the "All" label is the exception. So, anything without a label that isn't in the Inbox will not sync to your device. You can also specify how much email will sync to the device -- up to "Forever" for ALL email on the Gmail server.

Starring a message in Gmail shows it as flagged on a BB 10 device -- and vice versa.

Hangouts is not quite there on BB 10. The best option is HG10, a recently available app. It's works great for single chats (no group chats, curently).

If you have any more questions, take a few minutes to sign up as a CB member (http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...ry-com-941337/) and ask them here.
    raino likes this.
    05-12-15 01:09 PM