Hi!

Can I save only my Contacts and Text Messages (sms) through BlackBerry Link? How exactly please?

Thanks!
    Pankaj Jaju
    Goa, India

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 11:27 PM
    Hi!

Can I save only my Contacts and Text Messages (sms) through BlackBerry Link? How exactly please?

Thanks!
    Pankaj Jaju
    Goa, India

Posted via CB10

Open BB Link, connect the phone... when the device is connected click Backup & Restore.
    Under Backup Type: select Custom Backup & Click Configuration. You are then allowed to select the data you wish to back up. Contacts/Calendar are a package deal - can't split that up but you can select your SMS and MMS in isolation of the remaining data.
    03-23-16 01:26 AM
    Keep in mind however that you're only going to be able to view that information by restoring it back to your device.

I'm not discouraging you from doing a backup (even Link) but you may wish to consider a third party backup solution to complement your Link backups. Those like Ultimate Backup will allow the selective backup of your messages and contacts (and more if desired) with the benefit of being able to view and manage the backup data if you'd like a bit easier in my opinion.
    03-23-16 01:45 AM