Hey everyone,

I have one problem with my self that i am always want my battery to be 100% .. Any time and place i find chance to charge my classic direct i put it in charge even if it was 90% .

My classic never been 30% because of this.

Before two days i change my classic with a new classic and I download the same apps ( only android store was in old classic but not the new one).

I find much different in battery between the devices ,i feel the new one stay longer , even in standby.

My question is do you thing what i was doing with the old classic ( every time charging) make the battery bad ?
    04-18-15 12:36 PM
    Yes and no. The act of charging it might not damage the battery in itself, the whole battery memory thing with the old-style rechargeable batteries do not apply anymore, but there is the issue of heat. Constant charging does heat the battery up and that could accelerate the corrosion of the internal contacts (which is the cause of battery degradation with Li-Ion batteries). So I would recommend only charging it when you actually need to...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-18-15 12:45 PM
    Yep, it's never a good idea to keep charging the battery in that way.

Constant charging when it's still over half the power left in the phone will ruin the battery and fool it into thinking that when it gets to 50 or 60% it needs to be charged again. Therefore, dramatically reducing the supposed battery life of the phone.

I personally will let the battery get below 10% before I charge it again.

Posted via BlackBerry�  Classic
    04-18-15 12:51 PM
    I agree with Slagman5 you dont need it at 100%. It must be a bad habit for the 9900 days (maybe) as the 99 had only a 1350mAh battery.

I dont like the battery to get below 30% so if I see it below 40% I charge it.

Set you "Battery Saving Mode" to whatever you feel comfortable at and carry a battery pack when away from home.
    04-18-15 12:53 PM
    Yes and no. The act of charging it might not damage the battery in itself, the whole battery memory thing with the old-style rechargeable batteries do not apply anymore, but there is the issue of heat. Constant charging does heat the battery up and that could accelerate the corrosion of the internal contacts (which is the cause of battery degradation with Li-Ion batteries). So I would recommend only charging it when you actually need to...

Thanks for reply.

I charged my classic always because its my only device and i dont want it to be low battery, but with my new classic i will try to keep it till 20%
    04-18-15 12:58 PM
    As much as I was excited for the new features of BB10, the most excited thing for me was finally getting a different phone than the 9900. Don't get me wrong, I loved the phone and I was super quick in getting things done with it thanks to the toolbelt and the keyboard, but the battery life just really annoyed the crap out of me, lol.

04-18-15 12:58 PM
    Thanks for reply.

I charged my classic always because its my only device and i dont want it to be low battery, but with my new classic i will try to keep it till 20%
    Let me know how it works out for you. I'm sure you'll find that it lasts a good long while under normal/moderate use.

04-18-15 12:59 PM
    I agree with Slagman5 you dont need it at 100%. It must be a bad habit for the 9900 days (maybe) as the 99 had only a 1350mAh battery.

I dont like the battery to get below 30% so if I see it below 40% I charge it.

Set you "Battery Saving Mode" to whatever you feel comfortable at and carry a battery pack when away from home.

Thank you.

I will try to do this keeping the battery till 20%
    04-18-15 12:59 PM
    As much as I was excited for the new features of BB10, the most excited thing for me was finally getting a different phone than the 9900. Don't get me wrong, I loved the phone and I was super quick in getting things done with it thanks to the toolbelt and the keyboard, but the battery life just really annoyed the crap out of me, lol.

With the BB10 there is much different in battery from 9900

I dreamed to have a classic with 3450mAh , 13 Mpixel rear camera , 5 Mpixel front camera, this is my dream.
    04-18-15 01:02 PM
    Let me know how it works out for you. I'm sure you'll find that it lasts a good long while under normal/moderate use.

Sure
    04-18-15 01:03 PM
    You're quite passionate about BlackBerry 10 just like me. Hats off bro!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 01:09 PM
    You're quite passionate about BlackBerry 10 just like me. Hats off bro!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you
    04-19-15 08:02 AM
    Hey everyone,

I have one problem with my self that i am always want my battery to be 100% .. Any time and place i find chance to charge my classic direct i put it in charge even if it was 90% .

My classic never been 30% because of this.

Before two days i change my classic with a new classic and I download the same apps ( only android store was in old classic but not the new one).

I find much different in battery between the devices ,i feel the new one stay longer , even in standby.

My question is do you thing what i was doing with the old classic ( every time charging) make the battery bad ?
    why did u change ur classic ? were u facing any issues with the old one ? did BB replace it easily ?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 09:05 AM
    why did u change ur classic ? were u facing any issues with the old one ? did BB replace it easily ?

Posted via CB10
    No there is no any problems, most of the people here they use two phones, but I am use only blackberry, that why I like to change my classic only because I want new one and cleaner one, I sell the old one and bought new.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 01:23 AM
    No there is no any problems, most of the people here they use two phones, but I am use only blackberry, that why I like to change my classic only because I want new one and cleaner one, I sell the old one and bought new.

Posted via CB10
    but u already own q10 and porche as well...don't u ? well...I was also doing the same...charging my fone even if I had taken it out of charging few mins back but I will be careful now..thank u guys.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 01:28 AM
    but u already own q10 and porche as well...don't u ? well...I was also doing the same...charging my fone even if I had taken it out of charging few mins back but I will be careful now..thank u guys.

Posted via CB10
    Actually I dont like to use two phones, I have the Q10 since almost 2years, I am not use it at all, I bought the porsche design before the classic announced, but now I have the classic since the first day they released and I am happy ^^

You should try not charging your phone every few minutes, and thank you a lot my friend.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 02:26 AM