switching from q10 to classic. trying to do this through link. the classic will show up as connected, however, when I go to switch device, it says connect new device and click on picture of device. It will not move from there. No picture ever shows and it just sits on that screen. If I hit cancel, it goes back to the home page and shows the classic as connected. Any ideas or help? Thanks.
    03-16-15 12:34 PM
    I used device switch when switching phone, couldn't move the photos though as it was just too many I guess. Try doing it with device switch?

Posted via the cutest little fantastic phone ever!
    03-16-15 12:53 PM
    I did use that as well. Most the stuff didn't move over. Calendar appointments, notes, downloaded files etc. Things I need.
    03-16-15 01:58 PM
    I switched from a Curve to a Classic. Did a full device backup through the old BlackBerry desktop sw. Imported the backup to the Classic through BlackBerry link. Brought over everything, txts, emails, contacts, calendar, call logs, etc.

Posted from my Classic
    03-16-15 02:26 PM
    I connected Q10 and Classic together on two USB ports and it worked fine using Link.
    03-16-15 02:44 PM
    I connected Q10 and Classic together on two USB ports and it worked fine using Link.
    I'll try that. It seems to be a problem of link recognizing the classic in the switch device mode.
    03-16-15 05:41 PM
    Didn't work. Link apparently doesn't recognize the classic at all. It shows up as connected but if I try and perform any task, switch device, backup, read files... it says it isn't connected. That's wireless and USB connected. Makes no sense. The list at the left says connected. It is the newest version of Link too. I'm out of ideas. Works perfectly fine with the Q10.
    03-16-15 07:39 PM
    Yeah the software is a nightmare I succeeded with device switch but it took several attempts.
    03-16-15 08:59 PM
    Didn't work. Link apparently doesn't recognize the classic at all. It shows up as connected but if I try and perform any task, switch device, backup, read files... it says it isn't connected. That's wireless and USB connected. Makes no sense. The list at the left says connected. It is the newest version of Link too. I'm out of ideas. Works perfectly fine with the Q10.
    Have you checked to see if the OS of the Q10 is newer than that of the Classic - like you installed a leaked OS on the Q10 for example?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 09:53 PM
    Have you checked to see if the OS of the Q10 is newer than that of the Classic - like you installed a leaked OS on the Q10 for example?

Posted via CB10
    The Q10 is 10.2, the Classic is 10.3. Neither is a leaked version though.
    03-16-15 10:14 PM
    Have you tried getting Link to forget the device, then start again? After that maybe a full reinstall of the link software if that doesn't work.

Posted from my Classic
    03-17-15 08:06 AM
    I usually do complete backup then I restore to the new device I just had my passport sent to repair and worked fine on the loaner q10
    03-17-15 08:12 AM
    If I did it that way, complete backup of Q10, restore to classic, wouldn't it then load 10.2 onto the classic? These are also different carriers. From Sprint (Q10) to AT&T (classic).
    03-17-15 10:17 AM
    Have you tried getting Link to forget the device, then start again? After that maybe a full reinstall of the link software if that doesn't work.

Posted from my Classic
    Haven't tried that but I will. The Link software has been deleted and reloaded three times now. On the phone itself, when I plug the USB in, it says attempting to install drivers. It fails and has me open the drive assigned to the BlackBerry. Once I do that, I get a pop up asking if I want to download a package with driver, link and blend. I've done that. Doesn't seem to do anything different.
    03-17-15 10:21 AM
    You have to do what it tells you to do to make it work.
    Only connect it when it tells you to connect it.
    You wrote that your new device was already connected when you started the process. That is no good.
    Disconnect all devices (turn wireless connect off, unplug usb), then start the process, and do what it tells you to do.
    And yes, deleting the new device from link before starting the process might help too. Like a previous poster said.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 06:10 PM
    I tried that at least 15 times. I didn't just try it once, fail then come running here to ask. I have been at this for hours at a time for three days. I have unistalled link, re-installed link seven times, had airplane mode on/off, had storage on/off, connected before opening link, connected after opening link, connected before I click switch device, after I click switch device and it tells me to, standing on my head, sitting on a piece of foil, with a fork taped to my nose.....etc. You get the point. NOTHING works! I have googled it and read at least 20 different posts on various forums that have the same issue and all their replies. NOTHING works! I give up. I could just sit and type in the info from my Q10 faster than I can get this to work. Good job Blackberry.
    03-17-15 08:29 PM
    I tried that at least 15 times. I didn't just try it once, fail then come running here to ask. I have been at this for hours at a time for three days. I have unistalled link, re-installed link seven times, had airplane mode on/off, had storage on/off, connected before opening link, connected after opening link, connected before I click switch device, after I click switch device and it tells me to, standing on my head, sitting on a piece of foil, with a fork taped to my nose.....etc. You get the point. NOTHING works! I have googled it and read at least 20 different posts on various forums that have the same issue and all their replies. NOTHING works! I give up. I could just sit and type in the info from my Q10 faster than I can get this to work. Good job Blackberry.
    I'm sorry to hear that you've been going through so much problems with your transition from one BlackBerry to another. What are the types of files or documents that you still need to move over to the new device? Maybe we could try some other apps that could do the job.

Posted via CB10
    rikenco likes this.
    03-17-15 09:35 PM
    I did a fresh install, things work best that way on such antique SOC

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-17-15 09:41 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that you've been going through so much problems with your transition from one BlackBerry to another. What are the types of files or documents that you still need to move over to the new device? Maybe we could try some other apps that could do the job.

Posted via CB10
    I have PDF files in the file manager > download. A note app with approximately 47 notes, some are pages long. I believe this is the 'noted' app, which moved over when I used device switch via wifi, however, it imported empty. Several of my contacts did not move and some that did, partial information is missing.
    03-17-15 10:55 PM
    I did a fresh install, things work best that way on such antique SOC

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    Could you please elaborate?
    03-17-15 10:56 PM
    I have PDF files in the file manager > download. A note app with approximately 47 notes, some are pages long. I believe this is the 'noted' app, which moved over when I used device switch via wifi, however, it imported empty. Several of my contacts did not move and some that did, partial information is missing.
    Have you tried Exporting those files to Dropbox from your Classic? About the PDF files, when the phone is connected to the computer, you cannot access the phone as an external drive from the computer to go into the Download folder and copy and paste it to the computer?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 12:34 AM