I have had my classic for about two weeks and so far am loving it more than my iPhone 6. The only problem I am having other than laggy app start up (which I can live with) is the poor sound volume I am getting while listening to music or sirius app with my headphones. I have tried a couple of volume booster apps from BB world and they don't seem to work. Calls are fine and I'm happy with speaker volume, its just the headset volume for streaming and my music library. Since the Classic didn't come with a headset , I have been using my apple ear buds. Are other users experiencing this as I couldn't find any posts here on CB? Could it be the headset that is the problem? Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
    05-17-15 09:16 AM
    My Classic did came with earbuds. But I don't use them. I use the in-ear headset that was from my Sony Xperia device.. and I must say that the sound/loudness is fairly good. Maybe you should try another one.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-17-15 09:35 AM
    Yup, low volume through headphones is an issue. The Neutron music player fixes it for me but co$t.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.2267
    05-17-15 11:44 AM
    Yup, low volume through headphones is an issue. The Neutron music player fixes it for me but co$t.

I will try that. Don't mind spending a couple of bucks because its frustrating me. Thanks
    05-17-15 12:33 PM
    Does neutron support soundcloud for music streaming?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 02:10 AM

Neutron cures the volume issue, but it acts really weird when I use it for Bluetooth audio in my car. I still need to report that to them...

BB really need to reinstate Audio Boost... You can't sell a device with 128GB expandable storage and not expect people to want to listen to music on it!!!
    stevenolan1965 likes this.
    05-19-15 03:27 AM
    BB really need to reinstate Audio Boost... You can't sell a device with 128GB expandable storage and not expect people to want to listen to music on it!!!
    But the core of a BlackBerry phone is business... not music

05-19-15 05:44 AM
    But the core of a BlackBerry phone is business... not music

But even business users expect to be able to use their device as a music player these days. While commuting and during business travel are just two examples.

05-19-15 12:12 PM
    The music player is good and loud enough imo... depends on what earphones you have. And also your settings in the equalizer. You don't have to get deaf. I use Sony earbuds.. and a Sennheiser headphone... and sure.... with the buds the volume is higher than with the headphone, because their are in ear.

05-19-15 12:30 PM
    The music player is good and loud enough imo... depends on what earphones you have. And also your settings in the equalizer. You don't have to get deaf. I use Sony earbuds.. and a Sennheiser headphone... and sure.... with the buds the volume is higher than with the headphone, because their are in ear.

I tried every EQ setting on the phone and they all sound like ***, pardon my Swahili. My preference is no equalization, unless I can set the spectrum myself. My main headphones I use for the Classic are Audio Technica ATH-M50x's which are both low impedance and high sensitivity, and I'm just not satisfied with the Classic's volume. The 9900 with Boost blew it away.

It's not like BlackBerry has to do any real work to implement Audio Boost, since BB10 on some phones already has it.

BRING BACK AUDIO BOOST! -Posted from BlackBerry Classic
    05-19-15 12:41 PM
    Just wondering if you are located in the EU perhaps? You know that recent portable audio players, mobile phones (but not from every manufacturer still) sold within EU countries are volume capped, some can be bypassed, others are harder, or impossible at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 12:51 PM
    Just wondering if you are located in the EU perhaps? You know that recent portable audio players, mobile phones (but not from every manufacturer still) sold within EU countries are volume capped, some can be bypassed, others are harder, or impossible at all.

Posted via CB10
    I'm in US on Verizon. Audio boost is disabled by the carrier
    05-19-15 02:12 PM
    Understood. Hope you'll find a solution to cure the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-19-15 03:03 PM
    I'm in US on Verizon. Audio boost is disabled by the carrier
    Same here. Has anyone used one of the leaked betas and can confirm if Audio Boost is enabled?

05-19-15 03:32 PM
    Same here. Has anyone used one of the leaked betas and can confirm if Audio Boost is enabled?

In some countries audio boost won't be available by law whereas here in the UK it's there not a problem with any devices here. Mabys check with your network provider to see what they say

LeapSTR100-1/10.3......
    05-19-15 04:34 PM