Hey, guys

I was hoping for some help, I finally took the plunge and got the Classic, (coming from the 9900 which I loved) but I seems to be having some issues with regards to mounting the internal memory on the phone, my plan was to use the internal memory for photos and videos, and use the external sd card that I have for music. I'm using a mac, which is a bit older so I cant install Blackberry Link on it, but it has all of my photos and stuff which I want to transfer to my Classic, I am only able to mount the sd but not the internal. I've looked around the internet and seem to be getting multiple different answers, some say can't happen, others say it can if you change your firewall settings and others just don't know, if anyone could help me out that would be great. I can send more information if this thread gets some traction.

thanks in advance.
    02-04-15 12:29 AM
    A simple workaround would be:

1. transfer all your files to the SD Card using your computer

and

2. move them from the SD Card on the internal storage, using the file manager of the phone.

It will take some time if you have many files to move, but it will solve your problem.
    02-04-15 12:40 AM
    I think the internal memory is surely mountable but this depends somehow (and not very transparent) on the BB Link option in the settings. BB Link must be switched ON, mass storage switched OFF. (note: you don't have to use BB Link on your Mac, I mean only the option on your BB device.)

On Windows I get then two independent USB drives, for internal memory and external SD card. On Linux I'm not sure, if I remember well I get one USB drive with the file system of the internal memory and there's a linked directory that leads onto the external SD card.

A workaround could be to use an FTP-Server app on the BB. Your Mac must then act as the FTP-client.
    02-04-15 01:35 AM
    thanks for the replies, I actually did use the classic to try to transfer over wifi, but it was painfully slow, but I just want to know if it is a feature, cause if it is and I'm not getting perhaps my phone is defective and I would rather get a replacement.
    02-05-15 12:09 AM
    Your device is surely not defective. I did transfer files to the internal memory using USB several times without any problem, on Windows and Linux, so you should also be ablte to do that using a Mac.
    02-05-15 12:51 AM
    thanks for the replies, I actually did use the classic to try to transfer over wifi, but it was painfully slow, but I just want to know if it is a feature, cause if it is and I'm not getting perhaps my phone is defective and I would rather get a replacement.
    How much data are you transferring? An alternative is using cloud storage such as OneDrive (which BlackBerry file manager supports), move your files to OneDrive, and then have them in your PC.
    02-05-15 01:30 AM