first of all, hello CB!
    i'm having a very frustrating charging issue with my classic, and i looked everywhere online (CBs, extensive google search, and even on reddit, r/blackberry) with no luck, so finally decided it's time i ask for help..

so long story short, starting few days ago, i started having charging issues with my classic. i've only used the charger that came with the phone or my computer. then all of a sudden, my classic stopped recognizing usb connections sometimes, i tried wall charger, computer, used different usb cables. sometimes it will recognize for a second or two, will charge and stop. i tried "stacked charging" and same thing. sometimes it'll recognize but will only last for few seconds. sometimes it'll hold and will charge for a bit but will have warning like "surge connection blah blah, remove other connections blah blah" can't remember the exact wording of it, but it was connected via a wall charger.. but yeah, i'll constantly have to keep an eye on my phone and "stack charge", charging 1-2% at a time.

anyone else experience something similar? i know there's a thread on unable to charge with the phone powered off, but i can't charge it when off either..

AND my phone's screen sometimes just come on for no reason, without receiving any new notifications.

one time i was able to charge my phone all the way to 90s%, but it dropped down to 20s% in 7 hours. my fully charged classic used to last me a good day and a half, almost 2 days with moderate usage.

anyway, not sure if all these issues are related or not, but if anyone can help/suggest what i can do.. it's a very frustrating issue as you guys may imagine...

i've got my phone thru at&t few months ago, so no warranty.
    05-24-15 03:34 AM
    Have you tried wireless charging? It might be a short term solution for your problem but worth a try.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 just can't handle it.
    05-24-15 03:47 AM
    If you tried a hard reset and it didn't work... then you should do a security wipe.. in other words... start all over again. I think it's a software issue.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-24-15 03:47 AM
    hard reset.. is that where you press alt, shift and delete button? if so, then yes.
    i would do a security wipe, but i can't even do a back up since my computer won't recognize my classic, so i can't unless lose everything on my phone.
    05-24-15 03:52 AM
    You can use apps to backup. Yeah, they'll back up less than a computer backup would but you can save your critical data.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 just can't handle it.
    05-24-15 05:48 AM
    hard reset.. is that where you press alt, shift and delete button? if so, then yes.
    i would do a security wipe, but i can't even do a back up since my computer won't recognize my classic, so i can't unless lose everything on my phone.
    Hard reset hold volume up and down buttons for ten seconds

LeapSTR100-1/10.3......
    05-24-15 06:19 AM
    I am having charging isssues as well. My phone died while away this weekend and tried multiple car charger usb's and wall chargers, hooked it to the computer and it wont recognize or do anything with the cable in it. It hasn't gotten wet or dropped or anything. Ive had it for a month.
    05-25-15 11:58 PM
    I am having charging isssues as well. My phone died while away this weekend and tried multiple car charger usb's and wall chargers, hooked it to the computer and it wont recognize or do anything with the cable in it. It hasn't gotten wet or dropped or anything. Ive had it for a month.
    What os are you on?

LeapSTR100-1/10.3......
    05-26-15 12:26 PM
    i have the latest OS.

anyway, i brought my phone to AT&T device support center, and the supervisor there found what she claims to be "corrosion" on my charging port and got me a replacement phone. but since they dont have blackberries on site, they had to have one shipped to my house, and i had to send mine back.

i just sent mine back today so not sure what caused all my charging issues, but since blackberries have one year factory warranty from the date of your purchase, they might cover for my replacement phone if the issues are due to hardware/software issues, but if it is by user error (so called "corrosion" on my port for an example), i'll have to pay $350ish for the replacement phone... not sure what could even cause this corrosion on a 2 months old phone, and i've only used blackberry charger that came with my phone.. but we'll see what the verdict is and will keep you guys updated.
    05-28-15 02:47 AM
    Qi wireless charging has worked great for me. Haven't plugged in my phone since I got it. Zero issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 06:30 AM
    BB Z10 in water.. not charging afterwards. any ideas?
    05-28-15 07:05 AM
    You just have to go wireless charging. Seems to of have alleviated any and all issues related to charging and taken the wear and tear off of my port. I have some minor issues as well untill I went to wireless charging.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 08:09 AM
    I was told by my Business Rep that there is an software update coming in probably July that corrects the problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 02:17 PM