Don't see a clear response: can the Classic keyboard backlight stay on all 1the time when I'm using it, or not on if the ambient light is low
    Last edited by mkmilan; 05-16-15 at 05:37 AM.
    05-14-15 07:58 PM
    But why?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 08:30 PM
    No. It goes off in regular lighting inside or outside

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 09:00 PM
    Why would you want the keyboard backlight on all of the time? (Not being condescending. I am simply asking.) It would just drain the battery quicker and will most likely make your phone feel really hot. I guess I can kind of see where you're getting at, OP in terms of having options, but in my opinion, sometimes having too many options isn't good. IF Blackberry created this option/customization, I wouldn't really see myself using it. The way it is right now using the light sensors is fine with me.
    NikoB82 and DeliFresser like this.
    05-15-15 08:31 AM
    Respectfully, I don't need to qualify my question: with my eyesight, the backlight in was a favorite feature of my 9900, and ALL virtual Keyboards are in essence Backlit, including my old physical keyboard androids. I'm so glad YOU wouldn't use it, but I was asking for MY needs.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-15-15 11:06 AM
    So by all the time, you mean only when the screen is on.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 11:59 AM
    Respectfully, I don't need to qualify my question: with my eyesight, the backlight in was a favorite feature of my 9900, and ALL virtual Keyboards are in essence Backlit, including my old physical keyboard androids. I'm so glad YOU wouldn't use it, but I was asking for MY needs.
    There's no need to be condescending.

And your response makes absolutely no sense. In normal lighting neither you nor anyone would be able to see the backlight on the keyboard because ambient lighting would light up the keyboard from the front, so you're "needs" sound more like a "want".

Posted via CB10
    davisgq and DeliFresser like this.
    05-15-15 01:00 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry will even do something for one individual. If you have the skills, make an app that will do that, for yourself. But if you don't, just imagine it's always on.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:03 PM
    This doesn't make any sense. The backlight in the 9900 is no different than the classic. When you use the phone, it lights up. Why do need it lit when you are *not* using the phone?
    05-15-15 01:10 PM
    No, I understand it is NOT ON who the ambient light is "bright", the 9900 key our is backlit regardless of ambient light!!
    05-16-15 05:24 AM
    Wow, I ask a simple question and I get judgement rather than a simple response as "does it or doesn't it do something". Really. And I said "respectfully".
    05-16-15 05:27 AM
    I asked a simple question, didn't expect so many people question or judging my needs or wants or whatever.
    05-16-15 05:28 AM
    Ok ever one, i asked a simple question and got one answer without being judged or evaluated as to why i needed or wanted a certain features. So thank and least me be. Wow, some people don't know how to be helpful at all!!
    05-16-15 05:33 AM
    Ok ever one, i asked a simple question and got one answer without being judged or evaluated as to why i needed or wanted a certain features. So thank and least me be. Wow, some people don't know how to be helpful at all!!
    They were being every single bit helpful, and you got your answer with many replies too. Even I was being helpful.

Posted via CB10
    davisgq likes this.
    05-16-15 01:47 PM
    Simple answer....NO.

Posted using my physical keyboard on my BlackBerry Classic.
    davisgq likes this.
    05-16-15 02:13 PM
    Have to agree with OP. Don't see why you guys are telling him he doesn't need it. Obviously if hes asking it's because he might need it...

But no, there is no option, though I suppose it can be useful
    05-16-15 04:51 PM
    Have to agree with OP. Don't see why you guys are telling him he doesn't need it. Obviously if hes asking it's because he might need it...

But no, there is no option, though I suppose it can be useful
    It would be useless if in the holster, a pocket, a purse, backpack, pouch/fannypack or brief case (some put their smartphones inside those).

Posted from my QNX powered BlackBerry Q10.
    05-16-15 09:52 PM
    It would be useless if in the holster, a pocket, a purse, backpack, pouch/fannypack or brief case (some put their smartphones inside those).

Who gives a crap what you think it would be useless for? Obviously it would be useful to him if he's asking about it. Maybe he just needs to turn it on sometimes ? Who cares?
    05-16-15 10:01 PM
    Who gives a crap what you think it would be useless for? Obviously it would be useful to him if he's asking about it. Maybe he just needs to turn it on sometimes ? Who cares?
    Just to him, meaning only 0.02% of the entire userbase of BlackBerry smartphones. BlackBerry doesn't bow down to individual requests.

05-16-15 10:34 PM
    Where are the mods?
    Nothing more to learn here.
    LOCK!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 07:05 AM
    Backseat moderation is not appropriate, and I have a better idea than locking the thread. Note that the OP edited his post yesterday to clarify the question. Read the first post again and advise if there is an appropriate solution - without questioning why the OP wants the functionality.
    05-17-15 12:00 PM
    Battery battery...

 Instant Classic!
    05-17-15 01:07 PM
    I agree. No.
    05-17-15 02:33 PM
    There is a trick to get the keyboard to light up if you need it. If you cover the ambient light sensor with your thumb for a second or so it should light up. I used to do this on my old 9700 and 9900.

Moto X 2014 / Q10
    05-17-15 03:52 PM
    There is a trick to get the keyboard to light up if you need it. If you cover the ambient light sensor with your thumb for a second or so it should light up. I used to do this on my old 9700 and 9900.

Moto X 2014 / Q10
    The downside to this is the screen backlight goes all the way down and then it's hard to see unless in direct sunlight (we don't have a TFT display as in the past which reflected sunlight all over the display, such as the 72xx series had).
    05-18-15 01:42 PM
27 12