Hey guys,

I've been running the latest OS 10 from Virgin Canada (I believe they receive the same releases as Bell Mobility), OS 10.3.1.2708 / Software release 10.3.1.1865, since it was first released maybe 3-4 weeks ago. My battery life has definitely decreased since. I did however forget to take note of the previous official version that I first updated to when I bought the device on April 4th 2015. I've done some extensive googling, and based on that and my poor memory, I THINK (but am only 70% sure) that up until this version, the latest official release for this carrier/device was OS 10.3.1.2072 (not sure about software release version).

Anyways, I want to revert to the last official version, but I want to confirm that this is in fact the most recent previous "official" before doing so. Can anyone tell me with certainty, or point me in the direction of a "history of official OS 10 releases" type page/thread?

Thank you!!
    05-15-15 04:42 PM
    Your battery life issue may not be related to the OS version. It could be due to a new app or the way you have been using your phone since the update. The simplest way to revert back to the previous version would be to load the backup you made just before updating the OS.
    05-15-15 04:55 PM
    Your battery life issue may not be related to the OS version. It could be due to a new app or the way you have been using your phone since the update. The simplest way to revert back to the previous version would be to load the backup you made just before updating the OS.
    Perhaps, although even when I leave the device overnight not charging, I see a bigger drop (from 100 it drops to 85-88% by morning) than before the update. Looking at the Device Manager/Battery Usage section in the morning, the battery consumption by seemingly passive processes, "Standby" for example, seems to account for the vast majority of it.

I took a look in Blackberry Link at my updates, and I see one from April 15th which I think was probably pre-OS-update... How do I tell what OS version was there? And would a Restore also downgrade to the OS that was installed at that point?
    05-15-15 05:05 PM
    You could use Darcy's BlackBerry Tools, or some script I whipped up:

~~~CARRIERCHECKER VERSION 1.5.2~~~
    CARRIER: BELL MOBILITY (CANADA)
    DEVICE: CLASSIC
    VARIANT: SQC100-4
    HARDWARE ID: 9700270A

CHECKING CARRIER...

AVAILABLE BUNDLES:
    05-15-15 05:13 PM
    Whoa thursask how'd you do that? I'd love to triple-check that Virgin Canada does in fact use the exact same releases as Virgin also.
    05-15-15 05:21 PM
    Virgin is owned by Bell and runs on the Bell network, so the OS versions should be the same.
    05-15-15 08:55 PM
    Whoa thursask how'd you do that? I'd love to triple-check that Virgin Canada does in fact use the exact same releases as Virgin also.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...tools-1012929/

As for Virgin, their carrier codes are identical to those of Bell, so that's what they have.
    05-15-15 09:42 PM
    Hey guys, thanks for the help. I downloaded Darcy's Blackberry Tools, and after discovering that i apparently have the fourth version of the Classic (not sure exactly what that means) and putting the right carrier info in there for Virgin, it appears that yes, the versions are the same as Bell's.

Does that app allow me to download a non-current version as well? Or do I just look for a download link in the forums here. Thanks!!
    05-16-15 09:35 AM
    Here is the autoloader for OS 10.3.1.2072, which is the previous official release that was pushed out by Bell/Virgin Mobile in Canada for the BlackBerry Classic (model/variant SQC100-4):
    https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...S8-Wml1q6Bs8DA

You will need to extract this downloaded file using a tool such as 7-Zip or WinRAR. Once extracted, you will have an .EXE file which you can run, once you see "Connect to bootrom..." appear on the screen connect your device via USB and it will be flashed with that particular OS and radio.

Important note: This method will erase all of the data on your device and return it to a fresh state. Once you have completed the initial set up and signed in with your BlackBerry ID, you can then go ahead and restore your backup that you created prior to upgrading to the latest release. If you want to restore a backup created with a newer OS release, you will need to modify it using Darcy's BlackBerry Tools to allow it to be applied -- however I wouldn't recommend this as it may introduce inconsistencies.

You could also try OS 10.3.1.2744, which I would recommend as it has been officially released for the BlackBerry Classic and from my usage it performs quite well in all aspects, including battery life. You can use the following autoloader to upgrade to that release: https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...QJyF7OXaeRj-7g

Thanks to thurask for providing the autoloader archive where both of the above files are hosted -- feel free to send him a beer.
    05-16-15 10:46 AM
    Hmm OK I'd prefer to not wipe and restore if possible, so maybe the second option would be smarter - does updating to a newer OS through an autoloader still require a wipe?

Thanks!
    05-16-15 01:08 PM
    Hmm OK I'd prefer to not wipe and restore if possible, so maybe the second option would be smarter - does updating to a newer OS through an autoloader still require a wipe?

Thanks!
    Yes, an autoloader will erase all of the data from your device.
    05-19-15 05:35 AM