Greetings everyone.
    One of my customers that has an AT&T Classic with 10.3.2.556 would like to not SEE or HEAR any calendar notifications or appointsments (unless he specifically goes into the calendar app, of course). He doesn't want to see appointments on his lockscreen or any reminders or notifications of calendar events at all at any time...ever. Not just silence, he doesn't want to see them.

Is this possible that you know of? If it is how is it accomplished?

Thanks so much,

Brad
    07-24-15 09:18 AM
    Greetings everyone.
    One of my customers that has an AT&T Classic with 10.3.2.556 would like to not SEE or HEAR any calendar notifications or appointsments (unless he specifically goes into the calendar app, of course). He doesn't want to see appointments on his lockscreen or any reminders or notifications of calendar events at all at any time...ever. Not just silence, he doesn't want to see them.

Is this possible that you know of? If it is how is it accomplished?

Thanks so much,

Brad
    To turn off reminders/notifications go to the Calendar, swipe down from the top and go to Settings, turn Meeting Reminder and All-Day Meeting Reminder settings to No Reminder.

I don't think you can remove them from lock screen view.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-24-15 11:38 AM
    Thank you. We've already done that. I may have to live with there being a reminder on the lockscreen for upcoming events. He'll live.
    07-24-15 12:25 PM
    Settings - Security and Privacy - Lock Screen. Turn off Lock Screen Notifications. Also, go into notification profiles one at a time and customize for apps, choose calendar, and turn everything off. Going forward, for each new appointment, turn off reminders. Or, don't add anything into the calendar.
    07-24-15 01:41 PM
    To turn off reminders/notifications go to the Calendar, swipe down from the top and go to Settings, turn Meeting Reminder and All-Day Meeting Reminder settings to No Reminder.

I don't think you can remove them from lock screen view.

Posted with my  Classic
    Nope, that just silences notifications during meetings.
    07-24-15 01:42 PM
    Nope, that just silences notifications during meetings.
    Incorrect. If you set it to No Reminder, it will NOT remind you

Posted with my  Classic
    07-24-15 02:57 PM
    Settings - Security and Privacy - Lock Screen. Turn off Lock Screen Notifications. Also, go into notification profiles one at a time and customize for apps, choose calendar, and turn everything off. Going forward, for each new appointment, turn off reminders. Or, don't add anything into the calendar.
    This may work but I'm not sure he wants to lose lock screen notifications of messages as he would with doing this

Posted with my  Classic
    07-24-15 03:06 PM
    Thanks, he just wanted to lose any and all calendar notifications on the lock screen. Nothing we've tried so far has worked.
    07-27-15 10:59 AM
    Thanks, he just wanted to lose any and all calendar notifications on the lock screen. Nothing we've tried so far has worked.
    Sorry to hear. Hopefully in the future that's something that will be implemented: a lock screen notification setting page and you can choose which apps are and are not shown

Posted with my  Classic
    07-27-15 02:29 PM