Get Call and SMS Blocker pro...works great for me

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 08:14 PM
    Get Call and SMS Blocker pro...works great for me

Posted via CB10
    That application is very buggy!

I don't like downloading applications that a phone could and should have built into the operating system.

Classic 2BF2EA40 ...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    02-09-15 10:00 PM
    Ok guys here is the final on the call blocking issue. The BlackBerry representative called me and did a conference call with the t-mobile rep. He assured me that in fact it was a feature that cannot be used because it's T-mobile does not support it on their network. I spent a good amount of time on the conference call getting all the facts about why it didn't work and why the phone keeps asking for that password that none of us can figure out.

It's confirmed a network (carrier) supported feature that will require some interactions with your carrier to get set up. It's a shame that I had to go through all this just to get a definitive answer on this issue. So I closed the incident with BlackBerry and I basically gave a poor review when they sent me that survey via email.

Thanks for coming along for the ride folks. In the words of the BlackBerry representative " this case is considered closed" See you all in another forum thread!! You're welcome to contact me via BBM directly for further explanation if need be.

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    andy957 and eji930 like this.
    02-21-15 08:57 PM
    Ok guys here is the final on the call blocking issue. The BlackBerry representative called me and did a conference call with the t-mobile rep. He assured me that in fact it was a feature that cannot be used because it's T-mobile does not support it on their network. I spent a good amount of time on the conference call getting all the facts about why it didn't work and why the phone keeps asking for that password that none of us can figure out.

It's confirmed a network (carrier) supported feature that will require some interactions with your carrier to get set up. It's a shame that I had to go through all this just to get a definitive answer on this issue. So I closed the incident with BlackBerry and I basically gave a poor review when they sent me that survey via email.

Thanks for coming along for the ride folks. In the words of the BlackBerry representative " this case is considered closed" See you all in another forum thread!! You're welcome to contact me via BBM directly for further explanation if need be.

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    Well that is disappointing. The carriers have too much to gain by not blocking calls.
    02-24-15 06:57 PM
    Well that is disappointing. The carriers have too much to gain by not blocking calls.
    I guess they do. Explain what you mean by that...

02-25-15 06:57 PM
    I guess they do. Explain what you mean by that...

They stand to gain on all these calls. The spammer calls, we answer, if there is no talk plan on your phone, you either use valuable minutes or you are charged for the minimum one minute just for answering the call because you don't want to miss an important call.
    The cell provider gets paid. If you have minutes and they run out, you are forced to add more, at an expense the cell company benefits from, or you are charged for that intial minute if you are out of minutes or just dont have a talk plan for that time of day.
    Some may argue, "well its only a minute charge but if say 1000 people have to pay for the .35 cent call, thats $350.00 revenue a day for the phone company, $10500.00 a month or $126000.00 a year of pure revenue. I would love that arrangement to go nto my bank account, all of it for doing absolutely nothing.
    Call blocking stops that revenue. It would be a very Bad corporate decision to allow an app to prevent revenue that easy. I am confident these numbers are alot higher too, I am being conservative in the numbers.
    02-27-15 07:39 AM
    That's very true I never thought about it that way. I figured all major carriers are offering unlimited calling plans with unlimited calling mins for all day. I remember a few years back here in America the cell phone companies offered calling plans with a bucket amount of mins. That concept has long vanished in my region but I guess it still exists in some places.

Very good point you make. Thanks for sharing.

02-27-15 10:40 PM
    Check out BlockIt app
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...countrycode=CA

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 08:01 PM
    Check out BlockIt app
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...countrycode=CA

Posted via CB10
    The grammar in the description of that app on BlackBerry World is atrocious. Doesn't anyone at BlackBerry review them before they're posted?

Posted via CB10
    firefighterdrew likes this.
    02-28-15 09:41 PM
    The grammar in the description of that app on BlackBerry World is atrocious. Doesn't anyone at BlackBerry review them before they're posted?

Posted via CB10
    If the app developer can't even put up a decent grammatically correct description of their application...what makes you think I'll even keep reading about it much less waste my time installing it!!!

andy957 likes this.
    02-28-15 11:26 PM
    Nn
    That's very true I never thought about it that way. I figured all major carriers are offering unlimited calling plans with unlimited calling mins for all day. I remember a few years back here in America the cell phone companies offered calling plans with a bucket amount of mins. That concept has long vanished in my region but I guess it still exists in some places.

Very good point you make. Thanks for sharing.

Sadly in Canada, we do have those plans still, unlimited plans are very expensive. Canada is one of the most expensive places on earth for cell phones. We were hoping Verizon would come here, that would have done wonders for our cell prices but sadly they backed out. Too bad too because i would have switched to them. In anyevent, Canadian cell providers are screwing us here, they know it, we know but there is very little we can do until more competition comes here.
    03-02-15 09:17 PM
    Sorry to here that... I have a solution.. Check out the BBM CHANNEL C00285CE7 "POWER OF CHOICE". If we make a stand with our consumer dollar, the big businesses must listen.

Classic 2BF2EA40 ...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    03-05-15 12:36 AM
    I have installed blockit, and I have to say that it works perfectly.
    It blocks any phone number you enters.
    03-05-15 02:08 AM
    @firefighterdrew, I'm wondering if you've seen and/or tried this: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=CA (well, that's the Canadian URL)? Says it blocks all or individual phone numbers. It's $2.99 but might be worth it.
    04-04-15 06:20 PM
    IPhone does not have a real call blocker anonymous numbers can still get through AND when using that crappie call blocker it turns off text message alerts too!
    Apple is a nice phone but it sadly is more show than real substance.
    I could run down the list what's wrong with the iPhone but for now I'll leave it alone.

Mostdistortion likes this.
    05-18-15 12:28 PM
    @firefighterdrew, I'm wondering if you've seen and/or tried this: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=CA (well, that's the Canadian URL)? Says it blocks all or individual phone numbers. It's $2.99 but might be worth it.
    I'll try this link and get back to you with what I think. Thanks for the recommendation.

05-19-15 08:44 AM
    I agree with your sentiment. The why apple or why android or why BlackBerry is better argument is getting so old. Lol

05-19-15 08:46 AM
    Ok I looked at the application that you had suggested and I was again disappointed because from reading the reviews it seems this application is not capable of blocking certain numbers. It's either all or nothing.

If everyday consumers were able to put their device on a BES they would have all the functionality that the BlackBerry was intended to have. All the security and customizable options that BlackBerry boasts seems to primarily be available when the device is on a BES. If I could operate my BlackBerry from BES12 I think I'd be more satisfied with my BlackBerry use.

05-19-15 08:56 AM
    IPhone does not have a real call blocker anonymous numbers can still get through AND when using that crappie call blocker it turns off text message alerts too!
    Apple is a nice phone but it sadly is more show than real substance.
    I could run down the list what's wrong with the iPhone but for now I'll leave it alone.

True. IOS can only block known numbers. It's a pick up/ hang up functionality and can be set on a per- number basis. Doesn't work for unknown numbers AFAIK. There are many threads about this on the Apple forums.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by andy957; 05-19-15 at 09:54 AM.
    05-19-15 09:10 AM
    Maybe T+Mobile will implement something to gain access since they now "support" this device.................

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    05-21-15 03:28 AM
    Maybe T+Mobile will implement something to gain access since they now "support" this device.................

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    I really hope so. Sometimes carriers do good things to a device. Most of the time they don't.

05-23-15 02:15 AM
    I recorded a voice note, I use Robbie the Robot's "Danger Will Robinson", but it can just be silent.

Then use that as a ringtone for all unwanted calls from "Spammer"

OK, you get the call once, add it to contacts as "Spammer" add your preferred voice note ringtone. Add every unwanted caller as Spammer and they all go in the same Contact list. Set vibrate to off. LED to Off

Now when they call, you know if it's an unwanted call by your voice note and if the voice note is just silence, that that's what you hear (or don't)

Missed call Notifications will appear as Spammer, so just delete.
    andy957 likes this.
    06-25-15 06:45 AM
    I'd love to get a response too

It's about time BB got their act together on this. I am about to send my new Classic back because I get too many unwanted calls that I cannot block,

I cannot even set up a silent or off ringtone when I attempt to make a contacts entry for "Dont Answer".
    Even with the android runtime I've never been able to get the current call block apps to work properly with my Q10,Z30, or passport. I have always loved the auto hang up feature but it doesn't seem to work. And I've tried quite a few of the available call block apps and nil.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 07:32 AM
    I hate when stuff supposed to work on the BlackBerry and it doesn't. BlackBerry has so many good things theoretical good productive ideas, but a lot of them don't actually work.

07-19-15 11:40 PM
    This is absurd. I don't consider call-blocking to be the carrier's problem. I agree it should be baked into the phone and if my HTC G2, which was created over five years ago, can block calls without having to go through T-Mobile, then BlackBerry should not have a problem implementing that feature. I don't see how a carrier stands to gain from allowing spammers and scammers access to their consumers. You can always put your number on the Do Not Call registry (which I have done), but phone scammers don't really care about those lists, and neither do stalkers.

I seriously don't know what to make of this company these days. You would think that customer service would be the priority for a former giant that is struggling to retain a grip on their consumer base. BlackBerry CS people are illiterate idiots. Why would you hire idiots to interface with a customer base that is primarily executive? INCONCEIVABLE!
    firefighterdrew likes this.
    07-21-15 01:44 PM
136 ... 23456