Call blocking is baked into 10.3.x but it's an all-or-none feature and has to be both supported and enabled by the carrier. Once enabled on the subscriber line (it sends a switch to the SIM and that switch enables the feature in the OS), '1234' as the default password should work.

The issue is both with carriers to enable the feature and BlackBerry on how the OS handles blocking. Not all carriers support it at this time.

However, the OS itself currently won't solve the problem sought after in this thread. Even if enabled, 10.3.x only allows blocking of all incoming and/or all outgoing calls. It does not have the ability to block individual numbers.

It's unknown why true individual call blocking isn't a feature in BB10 at this time.

[CB10 / Classic]
    andy957 likes this.
    07-21-15 08:20 PM
    Call blocking is baked into 10.3.x but it's an all-or-none feature and has to be both supported and enabled by the carrier. Once enabled on the subscriber line (it sends a switch to the SIM and that switch enables the feature in the OS), '1234' as the default password should work.

The issue is both with carriers to enable the feature and BlackBerry on how the OS handles blocking. Not all carriers support it at this time.

However, the OS itself currently won't solve the problem sought after in this thread. Even if enabled, 10.3.x only allows blocking of all incoming and/or all outgoing calls. It does not have the ability to block individual numbers.

It's unknown why true individual call blocking isn't a feature in BB10 at this time.

[CB10 / Classic]
    Thanks for the information. I was trying to get my carrier (Virgin Mobile Canada) to provide me with this password and they said that they don't have this option.

Reason being, I just set my Passport up with a 'data-only' plan and I would really like to be able to disable calls. I still have the option to make calls currently but it's at something along the lines of $0.40 per minute or something ridiculous. I'll just have to be careful not to do it.
    08-04-15 08:27 PM
    I just found a section under Parental Controls for blocking. It's vague but you have the option to block ALL Calls and/or Text that are not in your contact list. Kinda a double edged sword.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    08-11-15 03:15 AM
    Samsung has it right on my Note, it's simple and it works very well...I'm forced to keep adding to a no answer contact with silent notifications -_-

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    08-11-15 03:38 AM
    I seriously don't know what to make of this company these days. You would think that customer service would be the priority for a former giant that is struggling to retain a grip on their consumer base. BlackBerry CS people are illiterate idiots. Why would you hire idiots to interface with a customer base that is primarily executive? INCONCEIVABLE![/QUOTE]

I did my best to work with the BlackBerry customer service. They finally after weeks and numerous follow ups and email got back to me with some pretty silly answers as to why I couldn't get these features to work. The answers and replies via email were completely absurd!! They are all posted and screen shot above.

I created this thread and it seems others had similar concerns.

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    08-17-15 03:28 PM

[CB10 / Classic]
    I'm not sure who you are but I welcome your input, although be it inaccurate and in direct conflict with what was told to me by BlackBerry customer support. The problem lies with BlackBerry and the fact that there is truly no way to get support on their products. The service reps are not adequately trained to handle the requested help from customers (consumer or executive).

Why make a feature that cannot be explained by the people that are supposed to help?

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    08-17-15 03:33 PM
    I'm not sure who you are but I welcome your input, although be it inaccurate and in direct conflict with what was told to me by BlackBerry customer support.
    LOL... so what was CS's solution on getting this to work? BES12? Or, do they have an answer for everyday users on how to enable it?

[CB10 / Q10]
    08-17-15 06:02 PM
    For starters these call blocking apps are all useless every single one of them. All it does is hang up on the person it always rings once so the people on the other end of the phone know your hanging up on them.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 07:18 PM
    For starters these call blocking apps are all useless every single one of them. All it does is hang up on the person it always rings once so the people on the other end of the phone know your hanging up on them.

Posted via CB10
    You're exactly right! And not to mention you wasted money on the garbage application. This is why I switch off and use a Note 4.

Classic 2BF2EA40 ...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    08-21-15 02:49 PM
    LOL... so what was CS's solution on getting this to work? BES12? Or, do they have an answer for everyday users on how to enable it?

[CB10 / Q10]
    Long story short...the BlackBerry rep decided to track down a knowledgeable tmobile representative and we had a 3 way call conference. It was quite obvious that the BlackBerry rep had no clue on how to get this apparently "built in BlackBerry feature" to work. Tmobile rep was knowledgeable and informed on BlackBerry product. He was in an exclusive tmobile BlackBerry unit that dealt with these issues. Apparently the feature was incompatible with the device due to a network conflict I believe.

I have to scroll up and see what I hhad originally posted as it pertains to the outcome of all my inquiries. It's been a while since I went through that ordeal. I posted all the email correspondence for everyone to see. If you scroll to the first page of this thread you can see my posts.

Classic 2BF2EA40 ...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    modifier likes this.
    08-21-15 02:55 PM
    Long story short...the BlackBerry rep decided to track down a knowledgeable tmobile representative and we had a 3 way call conference. It was quite obvious that the BlackBerry rep had no clue on how to get this apparently "built in BlackBerry feature" to work. Tmobile rep was knowledgeable and informed on BlackBerry product. He was in an exclusive tmobile BlackBerry unit that dealt with these issues. Apparently the feature was incompatible with the device due to a network conflict I believe.

I have to scroll up and see what I hhad originally posted as it pertains to the outcome of all my inquiries. It's been a while since I went through that ordeal. I posted all the email correspondence for everyone to see. If you scroll to the first page of this thread you can see my posts.
    Thanks. I read all of those messages earlier. I'll stand by my original response. Being incompatible with T-Mobile (or T-Mobile not wanting to enable it) doesn't change how the feature works or alter my response in any way, and that's what I was answering. I don't know or follow the nuances of each carrier. Not all carriers support all features.

[CB10 / Q10]
    08-21-15 03:06 PM
    Hi everyone I get my Blackberry silver passport tomorrow, call and sms filter is very important to me . I was using Lumia before this and it has a fantastic blocker built in for calls and sms. I'm a bit sorry to see all this thread now, if I had of realised before it would have out me off to be honest. But if anyone can help me with a good call and sms blocker for the passport that works, it would be very much appreciated .
    I do agree that blackberry need this feature built into the OS. I'm surprised its not to be honest.
    But no point in crying now as its ordered and on its way. If I can't get sorted I will just send it back and go back to Lumia .
    08-23-15 06:29 AM
    Read thread again. I'm sure u can block sms successfully as the person sending it won't know you have blocked it. However regarding blocking calls...

This is how it works. You download any app and input a number to block if the blocked number calls you, so from their end the phone will ring once then pretty much hang up on them. That's it. So you can block them but the person will always know something is going on with you and think you are pressing the end call button or hang up button. It's a pain in the *** I've tested it with pretty much every call blocker app possible.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 09:43 AM
    What is the best call sms blocker available in blackberry world

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 12:32 AM
    Face palm.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 02:46 AM
    Read thread again. I'm sure u can block sms successfully as the person sending it won't know you have blocked it. However regarding blocking calls...

This is how it works. You download any app and input a number to block if the blocked number calls you, so from their end the phone will ring once then pretty much hang up on them. That's it. So you can block them but the person will always know something is going on with you and think you are pressing the end call button or hang up button. It's a pain in the *** I've tested it with pretty much every call blocker app possible.

Posted via CB10
    The Note 4 has a native call blocking program built in to the operating system. Works great. Phone never rings on the callers side. Truth is that the BlackBerry should have a similar feature.

JeBe4 likes this.
    09-29-15 09:24 PM
    Yes blackberry absolutely need this built in. But I have heard some people say the note 4 still does let some numbers through. But lumia let's none through at all. I have a 930 and its call blocker feature is the best you can get. So I'd like to see blackberry implement one like the lumia.
    I saw somewhere someone had said it's to do with the carriers, well that's rubbish.
    It's all to do with blackberry

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 09:22 AM
    I use a app blockit it blackberry world
    10-02-15 04:22 PM
    Yes I got that to it works well.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 05:30 PM
    I just found a section under Parental Controls for blocking. It's vague but you have the option to block ALL Calls and/or Text that are not in your contact list. Kinda a double edged sword.
    It works well for me. All texts are blocked from anyone not in my contact list and phone calls from people not in my contact list go to voicemail, so I can still call them back if I wish, I am just not interrupted by them.
    10-02-15 07:05 PM
    Hi Bro Ep1 but blocked numbers keep passing through any idea why?
    Pr should I buy the full version

From BlackBerry with Love
    10-03-15 02:43 AM
    Buy blockit

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 10:26 AM
    Hi Bro Ep1 but blocked numbers keep passing through any idea why?
    Pr should I buy the full version

From BlackBerry with Love
    I think I did buy the full version .cause you have to set permission if you didn't set them,you have to uninstall and reload and reset permissions.
    10-04-15 10:39 AM
    Needs a native program that runs in sync with the OS. Oh well now we have the Priv!

11-09-15 04:55 PM
    I use BlockIt also. Works great

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:22 PM
136 ... 3456