For anyone who need an app to block individual calls please check out my BuzzOff app for OS10.3+

Buzz Off - Headless Call Blocker - BlackBerry World
    niss63 likes this.
    01-13-15 09:34 AM
    Turn all incoming calls off is exactly what I want to do.

Posted via CB10
    Actually it does not work in settings BlackBerry has to fix it to pass the password

From Classic
    01-13-15 09:42 AM
    Actually it does not work in settings BlackBerry has to fix it to pass the password

From Classic
    Has anyone actually called BlackBerry and asked what that que for a password is about when you attempt to set this call blocking feature up? BlackBerry customer support usually is not very helpful but it's worth a try.

I personally have no patients for incompetence.

2BF2EA40 My Passport will take a back burner to my Classic! And my Galaxy Note 4 is now a paperweight!
    01-13-15 07:23 PM
    Has anyone actually called BlackBerry and asked what that que for a password is about when you attempt to set this call blocking feature up? BlackBerry customer support usually is not very helpful but it's worth a try.

I personally have no patients for incompetence.

2BF2EA40 My Passport will take a back burner to my Classic! And my Galaxy Note 4 is now a paperweight!

hummmm,, i think one tried...don't remember who tho...
    01-13-15 07:40 PM
    Hello..... Tweet the CEO and say what the f. I need this or I'm going to keep my note 4
    01-15-15 07:16 PM
    Hello..... Tweet the CEO and say what the f. I need this or I'm going to keep my note 4
    That would be sillier than your comment...

01-15-15 08:11 PM

Not as rich as your username
    01-15-15 08:21 PM

I dont think this is silly at all and at this point in Blackberry's fragile exsistance, John Chen better be listening to what the CONSUMER wants.
    As an executive in my company, I welcome all criticism to our products and services, how else am I going to address the issues if I dont hear from the people who who pay my wage, the consumer.
    If we make enough noise about this, Blackberry will listen. Its a simple software addition and if Blackberry wants to keep aimimg this and all their device at enetrprise then they have to see the need for blocking unwanted spam numbers and texts and it should be done with trusted, efficient Blackberry developed apps, not 3rd party.
    I am a busy man in my work day, I dont have time to keep answering spam calls. Our customer base is so wide, I have to answer all calls and having a blocking app built into the OS would definately keep me using the Classic but right now, it is too frustrating. I get at least 5 spam calls a day. But I cannot risk missing a customers call out of fear of answering my phone.

Come on Blackberry, give your consumers what we NEED to stay consumers.
    lactose likes this.
    01-16-15 07:43 AM
    This above post needs to be Tweeted to John Chen. It's a very fair point, and BlackBerry phones, who have always been about security, should definitely have proper call blocking built into the OS.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic (10.3.1.2072)
    01-16-15 10:55 AM
    I dont think this is silly at all and at this point in Blackberry's fragile exsistance, John Chen better be listening to what the CONSUMER wants.
    As an executive in my company, I welcome all criticism to our products and services, how else am I going to address the issues if I dont hear from the people who who pay my wage, the consumer.
    If we make enough noise about this, Blackberry will listen. Its a simple software addition and if Blackberry wants to keep aimimg this and all their device at enetrprise then they have to see the need for blocking unwanted spam numbers and texts and it should be done with trusted, efficient Blackberry developed apps, not 3rd party.
    I am a busy man in my work day, I dont have time to keep answering spam calls. Our customer base is so wide, I have to answer all calls and having a blocking app built into the OS would definately keep me using the Classic but right now, it is too frustrating. I get at least 5 spam calls a day. But I cannot risk missing a customers call out of fear of answering my phone.

Come on Blackberry, give your consumers what we NEED to stay consumers.
    I apologize for the misunderstanding of me calling your comment "silly". What I meant was that BlackBerry customer service is so pathetic that I thought it would be "silly" to make a mention of this issue to them

On a different note, I'm currently on the line with a BlackBerry support rep for over an hour. She is clueless on how to set this feature up. However to her credit she is doing all she can to figure it out! I wish I could put all you guys on the line to listen.

01-16-15 06:28 PM
    For anyone who need an app to block individual calls please check out my BuzzOff app for OS10.3+

I've had this app for several years. It was great on BBOS and is very good on BlackBerry 10. Only fly in the ointment is that BlackBerry hasn't released API's (?) to prevent blocked numbers from leaving voice mails.

I use and recommend this app.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by niss63; 01-16-15 at 07:05 PM.
    01-16-15 06:49 PM

Looks great. Do you plan on adding pick up/hang up functionality? That would make it more useful IMHO. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 06:50 PM
    Looks great. Do you plan on adding pick up/hang up functionality? That would make it more useful IMHO. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Not possible since there is no way to answer the call.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 11:34 AM
    I love this keyboard, but back to my note 4 it's just missing too many features I use. I hate frivolously erroneous apps. They didn't think this device through.
    01-17-15 12:38 PM
    I love this keyboard, but back to my note 4 it's just missing too many features I use. I hate frivolously erroneous apps. They didn't think this device through.
    I agree that the note 4 is a great device, cause I have one. Its tough to have all this great hardware and not be able to get a lot of the functionality you want from it. I use my note 4 as a tablet now. Note 4 also has call blocking and rejection built right into the OS. Its very seemless.

2BDB5FDF Yes I'm using the passport!!! And I have a Note 4 as well. That must tell you something about how great this device is! And by the way...my Classic is in hand!
    01-17-15 05:17 PM
    I agree that the note 4 is a great device, cause I have one. Its tough to have all this great hardware and not be able to get a lot of the functionality you want from it. I use my note 4 as a tablet now. Note 4 also has call blocking and rejection built right into the OS. Its very seemless.

2BDB5FDF Yes I'm using the passport!!! And I have a Note 4 as well. That must tell you something about how great this device is! And by the way...my Classic is in hand!
    I'm sitting hate on my couch, using the apps I need to balance my checkbook, the Samsung clock app using the timer while.

My chicken bakes, Classic just sounding off from Val's, texts, bbms, Facebook, white note 4 looking and feeling great taking pictures just to send to email to post from my classic, visual entice, all while using my shield tablet to respond on Tapatalk.

I really don't want three devices I'm growing bored with social media and just the abundance of irrelevant things. Maybe if I don't have access then I can detox from it all.

I don't want to pay for a genuine blackberry works app when my android solution is free and amazing. I will miss auto reject from my Samsung, etc. Just so many decisions but keeping two devices just doesn't seem ideal

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet; Note 4, Classic 2BFBBCE3, T-Mobile LTE. "I Am " Je Be Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    01-17-15 05:24 PM
    I've had this app for several years. It was great on BBOS and is very good on BlackBerry 10. Only fly in the ointment is that BlackBerry hasn't released API's (?) to prevent blocked numbers from leaving voice mails.

I use and recommend this app.

Posted via CB10
    It does work on the classic/passport (thread is about the classic/passport)

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 06:00 PM
    I'm sitting hate on my couch, using the apps I need to balance my checkbook, the Samsung clock app using the timer while.

I don't want to pay for a genuine blackberry works app when my android solution is free and amazing. I will miss auto reject from my Samsung, etc. Just so many decisions but keeping two devices just doesn't seem ideal

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet; Note 4, Classic 2BFBBCE3, T-Mobile LTE. "I Am " Je Be Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    Lol you have described exactly how I feel everyday when I try to decide how I'd like to balance my interaction with technology. The only difference with me is that I'm not attached to social media at all. I don't have facebook, instagram or any of the others. I occasionally look at google + and I may take a look at my twitter account two times a week. Other than that I keep it pretty simple.

I do however use a lot of the great functions of the Note 4 like the call blocking and rejection lists that are "baked into" the OS. I cannot seem to get used to typing and being productive and intuitive on the glass of all touch devices. Soooo I loaded my banking applications on my passport and classic using snap and I'm pretty good to go. Like I said, I keep the Note 4 in my bag as a tablet when I want to do things on a bigger screen. Other than that.... I'm over all the hype of all touch devices. In fact the Classic with its smaller screen is perfect for me. The keyboard and track pad seem a bit more natural to me anyway.

eji930 likes this.
    01-17-15 06:01 PM
    I'm still waiting on the return call from BlackBerry support on the call blocking issue. The reps I spoke with were clueless on how to get past that password prompt in the phone setting menu for "call blocking"
    Call blocking for the Classic/Passport?-img_20150117_225957.png

2BDB5FDF "POWER OF CHOICE" BBM CHANNEL C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    johnburton_uk likes this.
    01-17-15 10:00 PM
    Not possible since there is no way to answer the call.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure I know what you mean. The iPhone currently has this feature. Why couldn't it be implemented on BB10?
    01-17-15 10:14 PM
    I'm still waiting on the return call from BlackBerry support on the call blocking issue. The reps I spoke with were clueless on how to get past that password prompt in the phone setting menu for "call blocking" 4
    Don't hold your breath. The guys I spoke to at BB Tech support said it was a carrier setting, but the carriers I deal with (Bell and Rogers) denied having any knowledge about it. They told me to contact BB.
    01-17-15 10:17 PM
    Don't hold your breath. The guys I spoke to at BB Tech support said it was a carrier setting, but the carriers I deal with (Bell and Rogers) denied having any knowledge about it. They told me to contact BB.
    Lol that's funny you mention. This cause the BlackBerry rep I spoke to went one step further. She also told me that is was a carrier setting. (that line must me part of their script) so the BlackBerry rep called my carrier tmobile while I was holding... she said she could get a password from them. Needless to say they bounced her around with different transfers and she couldn't get this mysterious password form my carrier.

She created a ticket number and emailed me. I replied to her with a few screen shots that she requested from me. Let's see where this goes. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

2BDB5FDF "POWER OF CHOICE" BBM CHANNEL C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    01-17-15 10:29 PM
    I just wanted to keep you guys updated on the status of the incident that I have with BlackBerry. Below is the latest email reply from them in regards to the call blocking feature that the BlackBerry reps knew absolutely nothing about.

"Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support.

We apologize if we haven't sent you any update yet about the call blocking password. Please be informed that we are still waiting for a response from our analyst and we will make sure that we will get back to you the soonest we heard back from them. We apologize for any inconvenience and will give you an update soon."

Hopefully they will have some resolve to this soon!!

2BF2EA40 ... BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    01-20-15 06:29 PM
    Call blocking for the Classic/Passport?-img_20150120_193016.png
    Here is the email.

2BF2EA40 ... BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    eji930 and johnburton_uk like this.
    01-20-15 06:30 PM
    Don't know what u guys are talking about.
    I block certain numbers all the time

Check out Call Manager PRO in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59942544

Cost like 4 bucks but works everytime perfectly.
    Just need to search the app data more

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 09:12 PM
136 1234 ...