Has anyone learned how to utilize the phones native call blocking? The phone asks me for a password but it never accepts it. Very strange.. please help.. BBM me if you can. Thanks.

2BF2EA40 My Passport will take a back burner to my Classic! And my Galaxy Note 4 is now a paperweight!
    Attachment 322344
    JeBe4 likes this.
    12-21-14 10:42 PM
    I'd love to get a response too

It's about time BB got their act together on this. I am about to send my new Classic back because I get too many unwanted calls that I cannot block,

I cannot even set up a silent or off ringtone when I attempt to make a contacts entry for "Dont Answer".
    01-07-15 07:13 AM
    Well I'm glad someone actually finally read my post. There a few unexplained features of this classic and passport that I cannot seem to figure out. I'm a long time BlackBerry user and I know if I'm having issues, so are the new users.

2BF2EA40 My Passport will take a back burner to my Classic! And my Galaxy Note 4 is now a paperweight!
    01-08-15 01:03 PM
    Call blocking all or nothing? There is no call blocking per number

Z 30
    01-08-15 01:12 PM
    You can download apps for call blocking if you're on 10.3

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:22 PM
    I'm not a great fan of having apps doing tasks that should be inbuilt in a modern system ... If Apple can do it and found that it was a useful feature, then BB could also address features that are absent
    01-08-15 01:44 PM
    Has anyone learned how to utilize the phones native call blocking? The phone asks me for a password but it never accepts it. Very strange.. please help.
    I've tried this on my Q10 and ran into exactly the same problem. I would actually like to block incoming calls at the weekend. From what I can see the phone should be able to do it, but I can't get passed the password.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 05:56 PM
    Did you guys tried to ask the assistant?

Update....:it doesn't work. Probably a glitch. Need to let BlackBerry know

Z 30
    Last edited by Alain_A; 01-08-15 at 07:16 PM.
    01-08-15 07:03 PM
    Has anyone learned how to utilize the phones native call blocking? The phone asks me for a password but it never accepts it. Very strange.. please help.. BBM me if you can.
    I never got this to work. BBRY Tech support said it's handled (enabled) at the carrier side, and the carrier has no idea about the feature, but the last answer I got was that nobody knows anything about it. He said, she said situation.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 10:22 PM
    I've tried this on my Q10 and ran into exactly the same problem. I would actually like to block incoming calls at the weekend. From what I can see the phone should be able to do it, but I can't get passed the password.

Posted via CB10
    Nice bike man

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Q10
    01-09-15 01:09 AM
    I'm not a great fan of having apps doing tasks that should be inbuilt in a modern system ... If Apple can do it and found that it was a useful feature, then BB could also address features that are absent
    I am with you on this. I made a few posts about the call blocking thing too. They should have this feature inbuilt on the phone and it should be able to block specific numbers.

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Q10
    01-09-15 01:10 AM
    Me too! In fact it's actually counter productive. You buy an unlocked phone so you can have an OS that's free of bloatware and then you shove a bunch of bloatware on it. I HATE when I find a feature like this and the manufacturer itself cannot even tell you what it is. It's pretty sad that when you call in for help you wind up knowing more than the person who works for BlackBerry! It's pretty sad. Not a good look for BlackBerry I must say...

01-11-15 12:07 AM
    Yeah, you'll need an App.

The carriers don't like it when an OS does it, because it cuts into their revenue, they charge to block numbers.

Apple of course gets away with it, because it's apple, although in this case I agree with them, and believe all OS manufacturers should be allowed to do it.

Passport on Wind
    MobileMadness002 and Alain_A like this.
    01-11-15 12:10 AM
    [QUOTE=John Vieira;11248267]Yeah, you'll need an App.

The carriers don't like it when an OS does it, because it cuts into their revenue, they charge to block numbers.

Apple of course gets away with it, because it's apple, although in this case I agree with them, and believe all OS manufacturers should be allowed to do it.

Passport on Wind[/QUOTE

Used to be that way before, now Telus does not block calls anymore.

Z 30
    01-11-15 06:54 AM
    [QUOTE=Alain_A;11248713][QUOTE=John Vieira;11248267]Yeah, you'll need an App.

I was using Samsung galaxy phones on the tmobile network here in the US for a few years and they have always had the option for call blocking. They're very nice feature rich devices. Just not a BlackBerry! Lol

eji930 likes this.
    01-11-15 07:00 AM
    [QUOTE=firefighterdrew;11248726][QUOTE=Alain_A;11248713]

I was using Samsung galaxy phones on the tmobile network here in the US for a few years and they have always had the option for call blocking. They're very nice feature rich devices. Just not a BlackBerry! Lol

There are a few phone that does it like samsung note, windows phone baked into the phone that i know so far

Z 30
    01-11-15 07:29 AM
    Stupid question maybe, but what about blocking spam text messages from this annoying 4 digit numbers? Anyone know how to do this, or is this along same lines as blocking a telephone number? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 07:37 AM
    I'd love to get a response too

It's about time BB got their act together on this. I am about to send my new Classic back because I get too many unwanted calls that I cannot block,

I cannot even set up a silent or off ringtone when I attempt to make a contacts entry for "Dont Answer".
    Simple. Just download a call blocking app.
    01-11-15 07:49 AM
    We shouldn't have to download a call blocking app when it is built into the OS. I phoned my carrier (Vodafone UK). I was put though to their technical support centre in India. I asked the adviser about the password, sadly he didn't have a clue. I couldn't help but think he would have script to tell me how to setup call blocking on the Iphone.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 04:15 PM
    For blocking spam texts the only solution so far is to use the Parental Control options. I was getting spam texts on both of my Blackberrys from someone faking the t-mobile.net address. I set my phone to block all texts not from my contact list. It works and you just need to rearrange the icons on your screen.
    lactose likes this.
    01-11-15 05:11 PM

Passport on Wind
    Actually for a long times, Apple couldn't approve any call blocking app or provide any native call blocking feature because AT&T offered a call blocking service.

It's just lately (I think it was iOS 7) that they added such feature.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 05:34 PM
    We shouldn't have to download a call blocking app when it is built into the OS. I phoned my carrier (Vodafone UK). I was put though to their technical support centre in India. I asked the adviser about the password, sadly he didn't have a clue. I couldn't help but think he would have script to tell me how to setup call blocking on the Iphone.

Posted via CB10
    There is no call blocking baked into BlackBerry for individual number. It is block all only. For individual you to use an app

From Classic
    01-11-15 05:49 PM
    This is a shame cause it really would be a nice touch.

andy957 likes this.
    01-11-15 07:36 PM
    Yes it would

From Classic
    01-11-15 09:48 PM
    There is no call blocking baked into BlackBerry for individual number. It is block all only. For individual you to use an app
    Turn all incoming calls off is exactly what I want to do.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 01:26 AM
136 123 ...