Hi!

I just received my Classic, my first meeting with Blackberry. I love the phone, but the calendar setup is frustrating. Ive searched this forum and google for hours, but Im still unable to sync my calendars. Ive used Google calendar for years and want to sync my calendar with my wife and my iPad/mac, but most important is the instant backup to the cloud.

I have tried the following with to sync with Google:

-Add new CalDAV account
    -Tried http s : // www . google. com/calendar/dav/ [ Google calender-ID ] /events (added space to allow posting)
    Error message: CalDAv server has changed or is not existing.

Exchange
    -m. google. com (added space to allow posting)
    Server error

As an alternative, Ive tried the following using iCal:

-Add new CalDAV account
    -Tried caldav.ical.com
    Error message: CalDAv server has changed or is not existing.

Any ideas or recommended alternatives for instant backup? Thanks.
    01-11-15 04:07 PM
    01-11-15 05:01 PM
    Why don't you just try to set up a new Google account by use of the 'email, calendar and contacts' option under 'add account'? If you then enter your Google login credentials, the correct server addresses etc should get inserted automatically.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 05:27 PM
    Why don't you just try to set up a new Google account by use of the 'email, calendar and contacts' option under 'add account'? If you then enter your Google login credentials, the correct server addresses etc should get inserted automatically.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly what I did. Worked like a charm.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    01-11-15 07:47 PM
    Solved, thanks!

I guess for some reason the trick was not to select Google under advanced.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-12-15 06:27 AM
    I'm adding my calendar issue to this thread - all my computing devices are Mac OS - I could go to Calendars and remove one of the "home" calendars but am afraid to really get in a mess.

I think my syncing is working ok - I plug in via USB (not sure whether or not it should / does sync wirelessly) - but I have the "home" calendar of my device and the so-called "home" calendar (my main calendar for appointments, of 7, including the Leafs calendar to which I subscribe).

I'm getting duplicate Home entries - i.e.: physio at 5:30pm shows up 2x and worse, dings 6 times to alert.

So I understand that that one Home is native to the BB and one is native to my Mac.
    1) Which should I keep?
    2) Will that solve the duplicate issue?
    3) Will they stay syncing ok (nervous bc historically they've not played nice together)

I use both calendar locations ALL the time and am afraid to lose especially my Mac calendar entries. How would you manage this?
    01-12-15 08:20 AM