Is there a way to have the notification for the calendar to go longer?
    One of the few things I was disappointed with when I moved to BlackBerry years back was the way notifications worked. On my previous phone (Motorola) when a notification sounded and you missed it, it periodically sounded until you acknowledged it, making it difficult to miss it. That's a feature I missed, but I would be happy if I could just get it to go a bit longer.
    01-13-15 04:09 PM
    You can 'snooze' the popup calendar notification a default time or select a custom snooze amount of time.
    01-13-15 04:17 PM
    Hey, thanks for the reply. Doesn't snooze work only when you hit the snooze though? I'm more worried about the possibility of missing the initial alarm and not realising it went off.
    01-13-15 04:52 PM
    The LED light persists for some time... not indefinitely though.

Posted via CB10
    Fastmarc likes this.
    01-13-15 06:55 PM
    Hey, thanks for the reply. Doesn't snooze work only when you hit the snooze though? I'm more worried about the possibility of missing the initial alarm and not realizing it went off.
    There is no reoccurring or persistent audio alert besides the initial alert with the popup window. But as Beebeebee said, the light stays blinking for some time and the calendar can have its own led color.
    Fastmarc likes this.
    01-13-15 07:05 PM
    I thought I found a solution to this by finding a notification alarm that seemed to go longer when I previewed it, but in use the calendar notification actually cuts it short. WHAT?? Why?
    01-15-15 06:34 AM
    I have searched for a solution to this, but no luck. I would just like to find a way to have the calendar notification in my Normal profile to go as long as the Task notification. The Tasks go for a several seconds, while the calendar only goes for 1 - 2 seconds. Is this the same for everyone?
    01-21-15 11:56 AM
    Same here. There are just too many of these silly issues with the Classic. I have considered going back to the Bold 9900 for some time now. Almost there. Almost.
    02-06-15 05:05 PM
    Doesn't HUB++ do that? Or BeBuzz? Try looking at ++ I could swear it was an option that I decided not to use.

BleedBlk-
    02-06-15 05:33 PM
    I have considered going back to the Bold 9900 for some time now. Almost there. Almost.
    Nope, not me. I'm really enjoying this phone. This issue is not ideal, but I really don't have much more to complain about with this phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 07:52 PM
    This would be nice to find a solution to. I get notifications via email for my work and since I'm on call I have to hear them in the middle of the night. Hopefully a solution is found for this.
    02-07-15 09:14 PM
    My problem isn't with the length of the notifications in Calendar, but that they are silent. They were not that way on my Q10, but I cannot find any settings for calendar sounds on my Classic. I very nearly missed a doctor's appointment this morning.
    03-06-15 05:39 AM
    My problem isn't with the length of the notifications in Calendar, but that they are silent. They were not that way on my Q10, but I cannot find any settings for calendar sounds on my Classic. I very nearly missed a doctor's appointment this morning.
    Look under "Reminders". That's your calendar.

Settings>Notifications>Applications>Reminders..... bam!

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    03-06-15 05:50 AM
    I don't have an Applications option under Settings>Notifications, but if I go to Settings>Notifications>(Profile) Normal>Customise App Notifications, I can select Calendar (not "Reminders"). However, I can see that sound and vibrate are both selected, but my phone neither rings nor vibrates on a Calendar alert. It is baffling.
    03-06-15 06:02 AM
    I don't have an Applications option under Settings>Notifications, but if I go to Settings>Notifications>(Profile) Normal>Customise App Notifications, I can select Calendar (not "Reminders"). However, I can see that sound and vibrate are both selected, but my phone neither rings nor vibrates on a Calendar alert. It is baffling.
    Oops. Sorry bro. I'm on the 10.3.0.xxxx os with my Q10. My Classic has the 10.3.1.xxxx and it's different.

Not sure why it's not working for you, but unless there's a bug, recheck your settings.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    03-06-15 06:23 AM
    I've checked and double-checked my settings, and there is no reason why my calendar notifications should be silent. BlackBerry don't seem to have any customer support (no wonder they're on the rocks), so is there anyone out there who can help?
    03-09-15 01:41 PM
    Problem seems to be fixed with the latest update.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-25-15 05:16 AM
    So I finally missed an appointment because of this short alarm notification. Luckily it was just for watching F1 qualifying this morning, but still I'm not happy.
    Why is the calendar notification so short, but the Remember longer?
    No one else finds this an issue?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 07:11 AM