I use microsoft active sync to set up my gmail. Other ways weren't working. I'm not sure why, but every so often the phone does not get new emails. Other email accounts will work, but not this one. I will see an email arrive on my computer and it does not come to my phone. I wait for awhile (even though it's supposed to push), then I hit "refresh" and it still doesn't come through!! If I try sending an email from the phone, then it all starts working again...email gets sent off and those new emails finally arrive on my phone. Why does my email need to be 'jump started' like this every few days???
    03-26-15 11:05 AM
    Have you tried removing the account from your device and re-establishing it there to see if that fixes it?
    03-26-15 02:35 PM
    Are you using Google Apps for Business (the paid version)? If so, and you rely on your BlackBerry for business, as do I, I recommend trying connecting your BlackBerry to Google Apps for Biz via BES. I use ExchangeMyMail. Com. Syncs much better than ActiveSync.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 12:18 AM
    Hey Dosto! Yes, that's exactly what I have...Google Apps for business. What is BES? How do I enter that in the Hub?
    03-27-15 04:43 PM
    Dosto, can you please tell me step by step what to do. Pretend I'm a child and have a new Blackberry Classic 10.3.1 and have no clue
    03-27-15 04:46 PM
    Jason, you must purchase/subscribe to hosted BES. I use Exchangemymail.com. It costs $10/month but is well worth it.

Here is the link: Hosted Exchange | Premium Exchange Hosting

They have excellent customer service and can get you set up in no time.

I do not work for Exchangemymail.com or know anyone who does. I'm simply a very satisfied customer and have been for years.

In my opinion, if you want your BB to work/sync (almost) flawlessly with email, contacts and calendar then the combo of Goolge Apps for Biz and BES is great and well worth the added cost.

Let me know, if you have any other questions. I'll be happy to help any way I can.

03-27-15 05:20 PM
    Thank you Dosto. What problems do you still have with business gmail...want to make sure it's not the only problem I have with ActiveSync...which is every once and awhile I do not get emails pushed to my phone. What is the 'almost' for in 'almost flawlessly?'

Thank you!

03-27-15 08:07 PM
    Jason, email is perfect and WAY better than ActiveSync, at least from my experience. For me, ActiveSync was always "hit-or-miss" when it came to email, calendar and contacts (mostly miss). I put "almost" b/c on a very rare occasion, a calendar item or contact might not sync to my BB, but I've found that is usually my fault, and it's only happened, literally, once or twice in the last several years. I would say that 99.99% of the time, everything is in perfect sync.

Having my BB connected to my Google Apps for Biz account via BES truly syncs email, calendar and contacts instantly; literally, seconds for new contacts/calendar items and I often get emails on my BB before I get them on my Desktop via my browser (Chrome).

You can always give it a try, and if you don't like it, just cancel and go back to ActiveSync.
    03-28-15 10:35 AM
    Thank you for taking the time! Will try it!
    03-28-15 05:14 PM
    In a previous office, I used Google Apps with hosted BES on my Z10. Worked great.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 06:44 PM