I am now on the Q10 and was looking for an upgrade. Mostly I wanted better specs, and in particular the camera. I'm on Verizon so that ruled out the passport so I had my eye on the classic. Specs don't really seem to impress though. Not sure that i'll be much better off that I am with the Q. Really disappointed

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-14-14 09:38 PM
    I guess we will have to keep changing our double typping keyboards and wait one more year forr Classicc 2

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:42 PM
    Same here, expect I am on a z10.

I hope this is false or else that it is really low priced.

No upgrade at all from the q10 is just stupid.
    A big mistake I think.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-14-14 09:45 PM
    Same here, expect I am on a z10.

I hope this is false or else that it is really low priced.

No upgrade at all from the q10 is just stupid.
    A big mistake I think.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't everything but the Z3 have better specs than the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:56 PM
    Doesn't everything but the Z3 have better specs than the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    Q5 has slower processor, and only 8GB of ram

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 10:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    8GB of ram? LOL wow (wish my phone has 8GB of ram dude)
    10-14-14 10:23 PM
    8GB of ram? LOL wow (wish my phone has 8GB of ram dude)
    Sorry, typo. Meant to say 8GB of Storage.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 08:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Fine! Aha :') Everything but the Q5 and Z10 then :P

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:43 AM
    I have the new phone itch, I too am on VZW so I can't get the Passport. I'm excited to get my hands on something new from BlackBerry even if it's not the Passport.

Posted via Q10
    10-19-14 08:04 AM
    I am now on the Q10 and was looking for an upgrade. Mostly I wanted better specs, and in particular the camera. I'm on Verizon so that ruled out the passport so I had my eye on the classic. Specs don't really seem to impress though. Not sure that i'll be much better off that I am with the Q. Really disappointed
    For those that are disappointed in the supposed Classic specs, why are you disappointed? It IS a huge change and upgrade!

Camera, ok, improved pics may be nice(bring a P&S camera for pete's sake) but you are getting a better and larger screen, TOOLBELT and shortcuts.

If the phone works great and is fast with zero lag, why do you need other better specs than a Q10 or Z10?
    10-19-14 08:27 AM
    For those that are disappointed in the supposed Classic specs, why are you disappointed? It IS a huge change and upgrade!

Camera, ok, improved pics may be nice(bring a P&S camera for pete's sake) but you are getting a better and larger screen, TOOLBELT and shortcuts.

If the phone works great and is fast with zero lag, why do you need other better specs than a Q10 or Z10?
    An upgraded camera is important to me. We all know that a phone camera will have its limitations and will not replace a p&s and certainly not an SLR, but, that said, many, if not most "regular" people will probably take the majority of their pictures with their phone . It's always in your pocket and available, it's convenient, allows you to snap and share, etc. Of course it will lack the quality of a stand alone camera, but facts are that it will take the bulk of our spontaneous pictures and many of our other pictures as well, so I prefer that my phone have the best camera that I can get.

As for the classic, I don't care for the toolbelt as I've adjusted to life without it, the difference in screen is not enough for me to care. I don't have much advantage over the Q10. Granted, the Q10 is great, but in today's day and age we all look for our technology to improve and I was looking for more.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 09:07 AM
    Here's the deal. As the owner of a z10 with a 1.5 ghz CPU, 2GB RAM and 16GB internal, I might switch to an equally spec'd Classic. I might even pay $100 more to do so.
    But you can't expect me to pay $399 for a tool belt, PKB and a better but non-removable battery. The antenna is good as well.

The point is that it's hard to justify the cost of a new phone for those of us with existing bb10 devices.

For those on Bolds it's another issue.
    As for performance, it isn't bad. 10.3 is great on my z10.
    So if this phone is $299 I will happily put my z10 on ebay to pay about 40% of the cost of the new phone. I just doubt it will be that inexpensive.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:00 PM
    If they offered a trade in for a z10, then sure, I would go for it.

I really think the best option is to have two configurations.
    A low cost 1.5 and a more expensive 2.0.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:09 PM
    Is there any chance the Classic will have a keyboard like the Passport? And is that keyboard less vulnerable to double typing? If so that would certainly encourage me to get a Classic
    10-21-14 02:27 PM