Let me start saying that the Classic is by far the best phone I have ever, ever had. I said the very same thing when I got my Z10, Passport and Q10 (in this order). I also found the build quality of these devices top notch, where I regard the build quality of the Passport close to perfection.

But owning the Classic now for several weeks, I am not sure what to find of the build quality. I had my first Classic exchanged due to a sometimes failing loudspeaker. The new device I got has a tool belt that is not flush with the screen. The left side of the tool belt is fine and flush with the lower part of the screen. However, the right side of the tool belt sits close to 1mm. higher than the screen. So when I move my finger from the touch screen to the trackpad or back button on the tool belt, I feel this 'hump'.

It irritated me, but I am not sure if it would be a reason to have it exchanged again.

May be I am just too critical...

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 03:10 PM
    I would replace it.

It is a nice device, but not that fantastically put together.

I don't have your problems, but on mine the trackpad is mounted slightly twisted and the USB charging socket is not perfectly lined up so I have to fiddle a bit to get the charging plug in. As it is a work phone I don't mind too much and will live with. I would though struggle with your problem.

Components seem to be fine, but assembly is sloppy. The build quality on my bold 9900 is superior.

I do like the phone though, and the keyboard is great.
    02-01-15 04:18 PM
    I want to exchange my device too since I believe the tool belt above the back and end key isn't as flush as the left. But to replace it and get something worse would be detrimental lol

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    ItchyHuman likes this.
    02-01-15 04:46 PM
    Just got a new Classic with the raised right side and twisted trackpad. Such a pain sending stuff back to shopBB
    10-22-15 10:16 PM
    You guys do know that the trackpads are twisted everyone of them it's actually the way it is. It's not a defect. Just like the 9900's all were cocked a little bit once you see it it can't be unseen. although the rest of the tool bar should be flush on both sides

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 10:46 PM
    Return the phone they are defective. I have had a SQC100-4 and SQC100-2 no twisted keyboard on either.

Next time buy Amazon with ABC return policy

PIN 2COF829A
    10-23-15 11:05 PM
    My first classic had this same problem and it also felt loose and creaked.

I can see the glue around the screen.

My spacebar is now loose and creaks.

Such is the BlackBerry life...

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 08:25 AM
    Don't accept anything other than 'reasonable perfection'. Send it back. It's your right... unless it was free.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 08:32 AM
    Let me start saying that the Classic is by far the best phone I have ever, ever had. I said the very same thing when I got my Z10, Passport and Q10 (in this order). I also found the build quality of these devices top notch, where I regard the build quality of the Passport close to perfection.

But owning the Classic now for several weeks, I am not sure what to find of the build quality. I had my first Classic exchanged due to a sometimes failing loudspeaker. The new device I got has a tool belt that is not flush with the screen. The left side of the tool belt is fine and flush with the lower part of the screen. However, the right side of the tool belt sits close to 1mm. higher than the screen. So when I move my finger from the touch screen to the trackpad or back button on the tool belt, I feel this 'hump'.

It irritated me, but I am not sure if it would be a reason to have it exchanged again.

May be I am just too critical...

Posted via CB10
    I have the same problem with my Classic. I've noticed from day one.. it's just the build quality I've come to accept. It irritates me, but I've come to just accept and move on with it.

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2639)
    10-25-15 07:40 AM
    Same here. Creaky toolbar and crooked trackpad. Still debating whether to return or not under warranty. Other than that one area the phone feels solid. I love the textured back, weight and metal frame

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 01:25 PM
    I'm now beginning to believe the crooked trackpad is normal based on the observations in #24 here: http://forums.crackberry.com//blackb...kwise-1044511/

I replaced mine for a squeaky toolbar since that is aggravating.
    11-01-15 02:17 PM
    I think the trackpad is just like that for some reason however I have had to send 2 back to BlackBerry one for screen lifting another for the keyboards being just really stiff my last one is just perfect though aside from the trackpad I've just accepted it like that as I haven't seen one that is straight

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 04:49 PM