I like my Classic very much, but have recently (past few months) been experiencing extreme slowness with the browser. It seems to be getting worse with the passage of time.

For example, when someone sends me a link, the browser chugs away at it for up to a minute or two before displaying results. YouTube in particular has become hopeless. It takes actual minutes to load.

Often the little blue progress bar stalls at the very beginning, and again at the very end. It's quite frustrating.

It is often faster for me to forward the link via Pushbullet/Blackbullet to another device, and Blackbullet is not the quickest app on the block either.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem with the native Classic browser? Any solutions to make it snappy again? Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-17 07:23 AM

Some simply use another browser.
    Some clear all the cache and that helps.
    Some have found that doing a clean install of the OS make BB10 and the Browser faster.
    Some have just moved on from BB10.
    11-22-17 07:58 AM
    Thanks Dunt! I will avoid reinstalling the OS since that sounds like a pain and rather high risk, considering how poorly BlackBerry Link works these days, but clearing the cache sounds like an easy fix.

Moving on to another OS is something else I am considering... but I don't want to sidetrack a thread so early in the game.

Can you name a good alternative browser for a BB10 device?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-17 08:32 AM
    Simple Browser was one I once used.
    11-22-17 12:47 PM
    Clearing the cache worked a treat. The browser is snappy again and YouTube and other sites that were pathetically sluggish load quickly.

For those that come across this thread with the same problem, to clear the cache: swipe down in the browser and tap the "overflow" menu button in the bottom right (the three vertical dots). Next open the Settings menu, then Privacy and Security, and click on "Clear Cookies and Other Data".

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-23-17 07:55 PM
    Yeah, it'll get loaded with cache and history. It's good to clear it maybe once a month, then load frequent sites on wifi to get them back on the cache. Cache helps sites load faster, unless it's tooo full.
    12-01-17 03:11 PM