It will take much more than a few hours to get a good feel of it. Not sure what the whatsapp issue is about because it's regularly updated on bb10

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 03:15 PM
    Well I've spent much more time on the phone now.
    Not done anything but all night ha.

Starting to find my groove with it now. Feel like now I'm using it as a communication device it is coming into its own what with being able to access the hub for whatsapp and text and email without having to go into an actual app. I've missed that.

I'm lightning quick on the keypad so that muscle memory did not take long! Finding a nice groove.

Not a fan when scrolling with the track pad or the actual touch screen that whole images and blocks of texts are being highlighted with a blue square. It's more annoying on Inst10 and facebook than anything though if I'm being honest.
    Anyway to turn that off?

Apps all working well. Paypal and eBay apps downloaded from Amazon and both working well so all good there.

Whatsapp still a mystery with emoji. Not sure what's going on there. Might download the Android version but guessing that will not link to the hub then?

Need to get the official Instagram app but need to get snap to do that which is a job for tomorrow evening.

In short then I like the device. It's growing on me more and more and I'm finding myself getting drawn back into the BlackBerry way. Which is good. It has some shortcomings which at the minute are frustrating me. The whatsapp one and the highlighted boxes of text and pictures which I hope can be turned off?

See how I feel about it this time tomorrow!

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 05:13 PM
    Not that I know. (regarding blue highlighting) But I'll take the suggestion and submit it to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 05:50 PM
    Keyboard shortcuts and tool belt are your friends. Look up a list of keyboard shortcuts, and play around with the toolbelt until you see how all of its functions work with BB10.

You can also customize your homescreen keyboard shortcuts. In no time you'll be quite speedy.

From a Classic
    05-22-15 12:09 AM
    Thanks for the comments.

I am already finding myself speedy on it. The shortcuts are brilliant I have to say.

The overwhelming feeling I have though, is that I might prefer the Q10...

The Q10 was definitely one of my favourite BB devices. Probably behind the 9700 which I just loved.
    It has a nicer feel in the hand, even though it is smaller the fact it has a better feel in the hand and the specs are the same say a lot.
    I am honestly not sure if the toolbelt woks with BB10. But I am aware I am very new to this device and I haven't got my head around it fully yet. Please don't flame me for saying that! It's just a very early impression and I won't be making any decisions or conclusions until I've had it for a while.

There's just too many annoyances at the min. The Whatsapp thing and the blue box highlighting everything when you scroll - which is because of the trackpad. That's part of the reason I think BB10 isn't that compatible with a toolbelt.
    If I can fix thes things then I'll be a happier chap.
    05-22-15 03:37 AM
    Nice to read your honest opinion!!
    Have fun with your phone!

The emoj " problem " you have only accures at bbm with my phone.. at WhatsApp it works fine

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-22-15 10:36 AM
    Hey thanks for the comment.
    That's interesting. So when you are using WhatsApp and select emoji - the emoji screen lets you tap as many emoji you want without closing after each emoji entered? Because it closes for me... and it's so annoying.

Also I've got some screen prints to detail what I mean about the scrolling and having the blue square wrap around the entire image / text. I have Inst10 screen prints which show it...

Nice to read your honest opinion!!
    Have fun with your phone!

The emoj " problem " you have only accures at bbm with my phone.. at WhatsApp it works fine

05-22-15 12:37 PM
    Bought my Classic - now the waiting game for it to arrive!-img_20150522_173802.png

Bought my Classic - now the waiting game for it to arrive!-img_20150522_173754.png

Bought my Classic - now the waiting game for it to arrive!-img_20150522_173812.png

You can see the blue box covering the whole picture in the last image. I don't want a blue tint on my image. It's not just Inst10, it's facebook, twitter too etc.

Anyone else have this and find it annoying, or can you turn it off? Or is it just part of the phone that is what it is and I'm overreacting? Ha.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 12:39 PM
    The blue screen is normal...

05-22-15 01:28 PM
    The blue marking is really totally useless and can' be switched off.
    I also have the same Emoji issue in Whatsapp.
    05-22-15 01:44 PM
    The blue marking is really totally useless and can' be switched off.
    I also have the same Emoji issue in Whatsapp.
    Oh god. This is not good news.

I know when I first got my Passport the emoji was the same but then an update to WhatsApp fixed it and I was overjoyed.

Now, fast forward 7 months and the Classic is a step back and I use Whatsapp more than any other app.

Not sure how I feel about the blue square issue not being turned off. This is why I don't think the trackpad works with BB10.
    I get the blue highlight thing when using the track pad, but if you're using the screen it shouldn't come into play.

These are unfortunately, things that might make me stick to the iPhone / possibly pick up a Q10. :-/
    05-22-15 02:55 PM
    This is not the end of the world. If you don't mind I can save one of those pictures to demonstrate the issue to BlackBerry. This is a simple software fix.
    The whatsapp issue you'll need to contact whatsapp devs

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 03:26 PM
    No, it definitely is not the end of the world but it is a bit annoying.
    And sure, feel free to take the screen grabs.

This is not the end of the world. If you don't mind I can save one of those pictures to demonstrate the issue to BlackBerry. This is a simple software fix.
    The whatsapp issue you'll need to contact whatsapp devs

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 03:59 PM
    Hey guys.

So having used the Classic now for 2 days solidly as my main device, I don't think it is for me.

I know 2 days isn't much time but I kinda just know it isn't the device for me. It's not like the Passport where it was completely different and it took me like a week and a half to get to grips with using it. That was a fun device to get to grips with but the Classic is unfortunately not much fun at all for me.

I like the Classic. I like a lot of things about it.
    But not enough. Unfortunately I dislike more about it.

Keypad
    Build quality
    It's a Blackberry

DISLIKES
    Screen. Nice size compared to Q10. Don't like the LCD. Prefer AMOLED
    Emails. An odd dislike but its bugging me. When I open one there is always a second or 2 (or more at times) whilst images load (i've set to automatically resize the email and load images) and its annoying. My iPhone doesn't do that and BB's are generally much better with email.
    WHATSAPP. Don't start me on this. Not the Classic's fault. But it worked fine on my Passport last year so why not now?
    The blue scroll box that wraps everything. It's not needed or useful on apps like Inst10 and FB. I just don't see a purpose for it.
    Weight and bulk. I loved loved loved my Q10 last year. Really loved it. And I rate it as one of the best BB devices. But the Classic feels too big and heavy in comparison to it when they have very similar screen sizes and specs. If anything it's too thick for my liking. The height isn't so much of a problem.
    Tool belt. The very thing people probably bought it for. It doesn't do much for me. The best thing about it is the scrolling of the trackpad when holding shift to highlight things and mark as read. That's it.

Well. I hate to be negative. Everyone knows how damn excited I was to get this thing. I thought it'd be perfect. On paper it is. It's the mix between Q10 and Passport with an amazing keypad, bigger screen than the Q and still decent enough specs to perform tasks well enough.
    But in reality I just haven't clicked with the device at all. More time with it won't help either. Like I said I just know it's not the phone for me.
    Sorry if anyone feels I've been harsh, I just need to vent and be honest to how I feel.

I may pick up a Q10 again. The special edition gold and white Q is cheap (ish) on Shop BB so may take the plunge on that. Much prefer that to the Classic.
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-23-15 04:34 PM
    Hey OP,
    Don't you worry at all. At least you gave the device a test-drive, so you can make a final decision.
    Earlier this year i thought i should buy the Classic too, because it looked nice from the pictures, and the difference in price between the Q10 and the Classic was 40 euros. I saw it in a shop, two months later ordered a Q10 without any hesitation. Not saying that the Classic is not a good device.
    You should use whichever device is your favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-23-15 05:21 PM
    Resurrecting my thread from a few weeks ago...

Basically I've got my tail between my legs and I'm back.

*Sigh* haha.

I ended up getting rid of my Classic and picked up a brand new sealed Q10 off eBay a week after.
    I immediately remembered why I loved the Q. Great size, lovely feel, but going from the Classic back to it the smaller, very dull screen and the much smaller keypad were not very welcome...
    I ended up setting it up properly anyway, with all my apps and getting SNAP on there etc. But I just wasn't in love with the device anymore. Also, as stupid as it sounds (and as stupid as I feel about it...) I was kinda missing the Classic...

The Classic's size, weight and feel all started to make sense despite me not liking it too much at first. I really couldn't get used to the Q10 after 5 solid days of use and I just wasn't enjoying the small-ness of the device. Not when using it as my main handset. As a secondary device I think it's perfect though. Especially if / when carrying 2 phones around at one time.

I ended up selling my Q10 and just using my iPhone as my primary and only device but started to feel a little bit silly for not giving the Classic a little more time when I originally got it.
    2 days probably wasn't enough time and I was missing how good that bigger keypad was. It's like a good blend between the Passport (too big) and the Q10 (too small) and I was regretting being so hasty.

Fast forward 2 weeks and I have done a little more research. Turns out the WhatsApp emoji issue that was plaguing my original Classic is fixed by simply holding 'Alt' when selecting emoji. This allows multiple emoji to be selected and input at one time. Who knew?

The blue highlight box was an issue, but read someone else on here also not enjoying it, and people have suggested just moving the trackpad cursor on to the 'back' button and using the screen to scroll through. This prevents that annoyance. I use the screen to scroll anyway, only use trackpad for emails and text input so that seemed like a good work around without being obtrusive and annoying.

Add to that I was at a phone shop last weekend as my partner was upgrading his iPhone 5 to the 6, and as he was sorting that they had a Classic out on display. I was on it for about 20 minutes, absolutely loving it. The bigger screen compared to Q, the keypad and the feel and look of it. I knew I needed to try one again.

So here I am, awaiting delivery of my second Classic. This time, in white. I love white devices, and love the white Classic and decided to go for that as a change to the usual black as it isn't being used professionally - more for fun!

I am hoping this time I have a more open mind. I guess I expected perfection and couldn't see past annoyances despite there being fixes (they just weren't known at the time) , even though every phone I've ever had has annoyances.
    This time I intend to take more time and make it work or me. If it doesn't then I can finally put it to bed and wait for something from BB that does suit me, next year or whenever.

But fingers crossed we get along this time!
    06-12-15 08:37 AM

Then out of nowhere - a newly listed item. Brand new in the sealed box unwanted upgrade buy it now �210.
    Snapped it up in an instant!
    Will be here Thursday.

I cannot wait! I have started a new thread as I intend to post my thoughts when it arrives and give my opinion on how it compares to the Passport, my iPhone and how I get on with it over a week or so.
    A Classic blog, if you will.

So happy to be returning to BB!
    I share you excitement, been waiting 24 days so far for my Leap. If only the waiting was a day or 2 :P

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    06-12-15 11:03 AM
    I share you excitement, been waiting 24 days so far for my Leap. If only the waiting was a day or 2 :P
    Wow 24 days is quite a while.
    What's with that?!
    06-12-15 03:04 PM
    Resurrecting my thread from a few weeks ago...

Basically I've got my tail between my legs and I'm back.

*Sigh* haha.

I ended up getting rid of my Classic and picked up a brand new sealed Q10 off eBay a week after.
    I immediately remembered why I loved the Q. Great size, lovely feel, but going from the Classic back to it the smaller, very dull screen and the much smaller keypad were not very welcome...
    I ended up setting it up properly anyway, with all my apps and getting SNAP on there etc. But I just wasn't in love with the device anymore. Also, as stupid as it sounds (and as stupid as I feel about it...) I was kinda missing the Classic...

The Classic's size, weight and feel all started to make sense despite me not liking it too much at first. I really couldn't get used to the Q10 after 5 solid days of use and I just wasn't enjoying the small-ness of the device. Not when using it as my main handset. As a secondary device I think it's perfect though. Especially if / when carrying 2 phones around at one time.

I ended up selling my Q10 and just using my iPhone as my primary and only device but started to feel a little bit silly for not giving the Classic a little more time when I originally got it.
    2 days probably wasn't enough time and I was missing how good that bigger keypad was. It's like a good blend between the Passport (too big) and the Q10 (too small) and I was regretting being so hasty.

Fast forward 2 weeks and I have done a little more research. Turns out the WhatsApp emoji issue that was plaguing my original Classic is fixed by simply holding 'Alt' when selecting emoji. This allows multiple emoji to be selected and input at one time. Who knew?

The blue highlight box was an issue, but read someone else on here also not enjoying it, and people have suggested just moving the trackpad cursor on to the 'back' button and using the screen to scroll through. This prevents that annoyance. I use the screen to scroll anyway, only use trackpad for emails and text input so that seemed like a good work around without being obtrusive and annoying.

Add to that I was at a phone shop last weekend as my partner was upgrading his iPhone 5 to the 6, and as he was sorting that they had a Classic out on display. I was on it for about 20 minutes, absolutely loving it. The bigger screen compared to Q, the keypad and the feel and look of it. I knew I needed to try one again.

So here I am, awaiting delivery of my second Classic. This time, in white. I love white devices, and love the white Classic and decided to go for that as a change to the usual black as it isn't being used professionally - more for fun!

I am hoping this time I have a more open mind. I guess I expected perfection and couldn't see past annoyances despite there being fixes (they just weren't known at the time) , even though every phone I've ever had has annoyances.
    This time I intend to take more time and make it work or me. If it doesn't then I can finally put it to bed and wait for something from BB that does suit me, next year or whenever.

But fingers crossed we get along this time!
    Its a Great device Aneres 11 .
    Aneres11 likes this.
    06-12-15 03:06 PM
    Wow 24 days is quite a while.
    What's with that?!
    There is a thing in Africa called "African Time" which basically means, "no rush for anything" so things tend to get done a little slower here :P

Not everywhere is like that, some places are really good and take 48 hours but our Postal Service isn't that great

jamesharmeling and Aneres11 like this.
    06-12-15 03:08 PM
    There is a thing in Africa called "African Time" which basically means, "no rush for anything" so things tend to get done a little slower here :P

Not everywhere is like that, some places are really good and take 48 hours but our Postal Service isn't that great

You are right - "haraka haraka haina baraka"

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2576

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 07:11 AM
    Aneres11

I just upgraded to a Classic. As I'm downloading my apps the Q10 is nearby.

The Q does feel better in the hands due to its size and shape... (why couldn't blackberry put a trackpad on it?? Why BlackBerry? Why? Why? )

I'm almost thinking of going back to the Q. However as someone on this thread pointed out - give it time to settle and get used to the new device.

I'm in partial limbo...

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    06-13-15 07:16 AM
    Aneres11

I just upgraded to a Classic. As I'm downloading my apps the Q10 is nearby.

The Q does feel better in the hands due to its size and shape... (why couldn't blackberry put a trackpad on it?? Why BlackBerry? Why? Why? )

I'm almost thinking of going back to the Q. However as someone on this thread pointed out - give it time to settle and get used to the new device.

I'm in partial limbo...

Posted via CB10
    i understand completely where you're coming from. I felt the same but having bought the Q10 recently and taken delivery of my Classic this morning, I don't think I could use Q10 again. The Classic is just such a great feel. It's a big jump from the Q10 size and weight wise, but I really like the feel. I also think the screen is now no longer 'too small' and is a really great size for this device.

Saying that, see my new thread made today about my newly delivered classic - no SD card tray fresh out the brand new sealed box from Amazon...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-tray-1023652/

Very disappointing. Amazon sending a new one to arrive tomorrow though.

Having said that, I've turned it on and been playing with it and I really really like the Classic. I was far too hasty the first time I got it a few weeks back and didn't give it enough time.
    I'd suggest getting to grips with the device, spend at least a week with it and put your Q10 in the drawer. Don't get it out until the end of the week with your Classic and then go back and see.
    You should create a new thread with your experience like me! It's always great to hear what others think and feel about their Classic - especially having used other qwerty devices.

Let us know! I'll be sure to post some impressions when I get my new Classic tomorrow (hopefully with everything it should have this time and no missing parts)!
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    06-13-15 07:26 AM
    Thanks for the buck up.

Probably I'm overly sentimental about retiring my old devices. :'(

I will do as you said. Hopefully it will grow on me

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 06:19 AM
    Just bought a Classic myself through Amazon. Playing the waiting game till Tuesday. Messing around on the BlackBerry Leap until then lol.

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    06-14-15 09:45 AM
55 123